Illdesserin Tower

*WhenWizardsWar

Posted by *WhenWizardsWar »

Miranda Illdesserins tower, her home and store front in the ladys ward sits strangely silent. The tower does not emit the occasional flicker of light or magical hum people have become used to since its completion, all of the normal sights and sounds are absent.

Any one who approaches the door is greeted by a message on the door, placed by a careful arcane imbued hand.

"To my friends, family, allies, associates and customers.

I must ask that you forgive my absence but, with recent developments back in my homeland, the burden of running a very successful bussiness and raising a now four month old child has started to take a toll on me. I have packed up my travel supplies and my child and I have decided the time has come to take a vacation, in fact by the time the first eyes read this I will probably be wading in the beautiful waters of the Elysium beachs with my son. I have created a list of spots I wish to travel to with my child, a list that will have me absent from Sigil for a time. You will notice i have left a steward behind who will, when his systems become fully active, be able to provide the skills and services related to the blacksmiths art.

I will miss you all but I....i just need to be with my son right now, this vacation is long over due, but i promise you i WILL return."

Miranda Illdesserin.
Owner Of The Abjurors Arsenal.

Miranda and her child may be gone but her tower is not completely abandoned. A very large iron golem can be seen tending to the grounds, somehow being able to pass to and from the tower despite its size. The golem is a masterpeice, having been worked on for many years and completed in the months before miranda decided to put her golem craft on the back burner. The golem looks like a standard iron creation, except for the crystal eyes and the crystal veins running along its body/ The golem is polite, and seems very educated, able to socialze and interact on a level most golems arnt known for.
*WhenWizardsWar

For the briefest of moments, the occasional light can be seen flickering in various windows of Illdesserin Tower. The activity is utterly brief to say the least, and no sightings of Miranda or her baby boy can be seen, however the occasional homunculus does flit out from a window on the third level of her tower to buzz off about some errand or another.

The most recent Homunculus is seen heading first to the Guvners headquarters with a sealed envelope, and then to to the grail manor with a seal envelope for them as well.

No one is permited entry, her golems are still staunchly defending the grounds, however anyone who wishs's to pass communications along, seem to be able to leave the messages with any of the golems tending the tower, confident that the messages will reach the former Thayan Wizardess.
*WhenWizardsWar

After a span of several months, the structure that is Illdesserin Tower suddeny shimmers once with a brief flash of energy that illuminates the nearby surroundings. The next morning any passing or living nearby can hear the cry of a young child and the odd hummings and chimeing of magical undertakings drifting out through open windows. The third morning, the ladys ward is filled with the sounds of a dozen or so constructs of various sizes converging on the tower and proceeding through the one and only door, returning from what ever task they had been upon over the last couple of months.

And finally, on the fourth morning of these occurances, the two signs outside the tower crackle and flicker with energy and begin to twingle and glow welcomingly.

//After sometime away exploring the multiverse and its content...or lack there of i have decided that i will be making occasional apperances with at least miranda and edwin back in sigil. I dont know how often these will happen or for how long, that has yet to be determined.

//I dont know in what capacity i will return either so please dont get your hopes up.
*WhenWizardsWar

There is something to be said about the helpful nature of constructs. They do not need to eat, or sleep and short of breaking down they can function almost tirelessly.

So it has always been with the constructs that are always ever present around Miranda Illdesserins tower.

Between the iron golems who keep a constant vigil to the occasional homunculi that used to flitter out of the window and zoom on this errand or that, there has always been a constant reminder that even though the wizard and her child have not been seen in some time, life apparently still continues within the protected walls of Illdesserin Tower.

After many months of silence, an absence of both magical sounds and the sounds of a growing child the tower undergoes one subtle change, a change that most probably will never notice, but those who know and care for the wizardess and her baby boy, those who always keep an eye on her tower despite her absence would notice it easily.

The blue glow of the magical light sources shifts from a healthy blue glow to a green luminesence which lasts for a period of about a week before reverting back to its normal blue light.