Insipred Tavern Tales of the Cage

*TaverTaleTeller

Posted by *TaverTaleTeller »

in a lesser known tavern in the clerks ward there is chant of politics and stories being told by bards and entertainers ... One political topic is being chanted about between two factioneers... a male half-celestial Cypher and a female human Dustmen.

"Bah!" the half-celestial Cypher spits to the side and glares at the Dustmen across the way at another table. He does it as if expecting a reaction to prove that the Dustmen are a joke by having no emotions. But he gets none but a blank stare back of curiosity from the female human Dustmen

"What is it that sparked your... dislike?" the Dustmen asked turning to the Cypher trying to find the words that he might use, curiously and emotionless she sits and waits.

"Tell you what!... next time I see a necromancer talk about the Grey one, I will spit on them literally. I hate necromancy and I hate the users more so!" The Cypher takes a long pull rm his tankard of ale before he point to is necklace with regalia of Gorum with devoted pride "Gorum is my might, mind sharp as steel, and body of iron... Gorum spits on your evil ways."

A lesser known Athar tiefling male sits next to the Dustmen at her table with a smirk to the Cypher. By slamming his own tankard of abyssal ale on the table to gain attention by the few around him "The Grey Viser has shaken the very foundation, and moved many around him." he tiefling grins wide not hiding it as he takes a pull from his tankered "There is a reason why your not known to many Cypher... yet The Athar Grey one is... He survived a mob of angry Sigilians unlike that Barmy vampire Doomguard who shamed her own faction." the Tiefling laughed at the thought of what i must have been like

the conversation goes on with the zeal of each of their factions with well known tales told with twists and turns bending the truth off and on to show what faction is better over the other, they part ways after some time.

This tale is be continued another cycle, perhaps in another perspective? Tavern talk is a fickle thing, but with all tavern talk it holds a grain of truth...
*TaverTaleTeller

During the song of praising the Red Knight after the cheers of the triad of law took place, a Free League she-elf factioneer stood up from her seat and shouted with a high stung voice, slamming the table knuckles down.. "enough!" The music stops playing and most of the tavern turns to the table of a few indepts with scowls across their faces "We will not let you all take over what is rightfully ours.... especially the Harmonium." the she-elf indept sits down and crossed her arms kicking her boots up onto the table, as if expecting some one to counter it... there was none, only a smirk across a few other factioneers faces as if up to something, and a hushed whisper between other tavern patrons.

"You know what I have had enough of..." a soft voiced factionless female halfling stated, she had a scowl on her face and seemed to be dressed in a fashion of a sailor with a bandana on her head covering most of her messy hair. The hin spoke just loud enough for the low whisper to the point most of those on the tavern floor could hear her tale. "I have had it with the gods..." she spoke in small intervals looking around to see who has her attention and not. Quite a few seemed to be waiting suspense on what the female hin had to say in full. "I have worshiped The Bitch Queen to only only have The Storm Lord destroy our sea vessel... I was drowning... I faded to black in the ocean depths, only to wake on a wooden reaming wooden platform upon our ship... a part of me died that cycle." the female hin planted her palms to the table before leaping onto the table top with her hands in the air looking up to the ceiling shouting... "Why did you curse me, Umbrulee to be almost entirely destroyed by Talos?... why?!" She shouted with spite before scouling looking around a bit more, her voice lowered again "I'll tell you why, cause the gods are false, powerless to do what they where to uphold for us who pray to them." the hin was in tears showing a mix expression of self sorrow and hate for the god.

a well known tavern patron male teifling with a bade of the Athar displayed on his golden necklace "Your tag sailor?" He asked the hin in a shallow tone

"Hilna..." the hin replied with a equally shallow voice, and showing she was shaken up at the memory

"Well, Hilna the God hater, and Survivor... visit the Shattered Temple, the Athar might be able to offer you insight on why your situation at sea happened" the Teifling placed a hand upon the shoulder of the hin, and the hin looking up to the Teifling and gave a nod before wiping the triers from her face.

that cycle ended in a quite whisper between the majority of the patrons, as if the joy in the tavern just died... later the next cycle, that same hin tagged as Hilna visited the Shatered Temple, seeking insight on why she was betrayed by the one she once worshiped.
*TaverTaleTeller

On a busy day in the tavern, a elf male dressed as a court jester with chiming bells dangling off his outfit, burst though the door with a loud bang! he walks up to more than a few patrons shoving and flashing a S.i.g.i.s paper infront of a few faces yelling. "The Slasher , The Slasher , he claims another victim!"

The patrons begin to demand an explanation as they could not read it with how fast he was disaplying it to them "who was it?"... "who was killed?"... "Explain yourself?!"

"now, now, my fellow Siglains!" the elf jester burns the paper from candle fire before jumping onto a table with a few patrons sitting there, the jester knocks over a few drinks as he lands. "I shall tell you the story.. in song!"

"who's this Barmy joker?" one patron asked

"Zandro, the Jest, don't tell me you never heard of me?!" before anyone could answer he pulls out a violin and a with a single stroke from his bow to the stings, a ear shot screeching sound was made gaining all the patrons now scowling at him "The Skinner... he skins is victims and was never caught... the end!"

more than a few the patrons rush Zandro the Jest with malice intent, but with quick haste Zandro bolts out of the tavern laughing hysterically with success ...

that is the end of this tavern tale of a Xaositect invading the solitude of the tavern.