Murder Of The Downtrodden

*Viann

Posted by *Viann »

Bloodlines,May 1 2017 wrote:The Chant

Today, the body of a beggar was found on one of the terraces of the ClerkÂ’s Ward. The beggar, given the nickname Mutt by some of the locals, was stabbed through the chin by a long, rudimentary knife. A few witnesses say that they saw the same beggar running in a panic earlier that day, as if in a flight for his life.

Other witnesses mention a woman as the last person Mutt had been speaking to, and later accounts connect the same woman, who looked visibly shaken, leaving the nearby area of where the body was found.

Further details will require investigation.

The Dark Chant

The beggar had only arrived in Sigil recently and had been muttering something about a person named Annabelle.

Some witnesses describe the woman as having short dark hair and dressed in red.

((Feel free to contact me. This is a player-started thing so no current EM/DM involved. If one is interested, please message me, preferably in game. Feel free to post an IC response here or we can do this in game. I'm CST.))
This wasn't a usual case for Nica, beggars dying was a rather frequent thing, sheer majority of the cases didn't even get much regard as they were happening in the Wards where most had grown cynical enough to barely lift an eyebrow over deaths before their eyes. Of course it could be just another mundane turf fight, or maybe the beggar had insulted someones mother... but something didn't feel right to the Measure.

The one tidbit that stoodout in the rumors was that the beggar had been fleeing and likely pursuited, that would hint for an agenda beyond just desire to show people who's the boss. Few would have the motivation to pursuit a beggar whom is bound to have no money or influence... likelyhood is that they had been a witness of something and were required to be silenced. A theory in anycase, something worth taking a look on.

Then there was the woman... is she the murderer, or the probable next victim?

Measure one was on the case.