Dark Conspiracies

*orcy11

Posted by *orcy11 »

Rexxer the huge happy looking ogre sitting at his spot asked, "When are we going to board the ship for the job I am at ready and I have no questions!"
*Cibernadie

Posted by *Cibernadie »

The tiefling decides against common sense and samples the local bub. "Same as you, really. They are big on the art, and like messing with your head with it, so we have to protect our minds and carry ranged weaponry to stop anyone from waggling their fingers at us. Someone who can pass around godly protection can sort us out. I might know a body who can do that." She adds after the last gulp of the mead. "I hope nobody minds a Tanar'ri onboard. She's trustworthy. Devils and Demons... you know how it is."

"As for ramming the ship and leaving it there, it's really simple, actually. Have you ever had a door-to-door salesman stick their hooves on your doortep? Same principle. The ship stays so the door stays open. Escaping with the loot would be difficult if that thing closes behinds us, no?". Map then meets the ogre's glare. "We depart as soon as we do three things: One. Get a vessel that wont crack under pressure after ramming it through a gateway. Two. Sort our roles. We need to see who stays to protect the escape route, who provides cover from the defenders, and who shoves the shinnies into as many pockets and bags as possible." A bag is placed on the creaking table, heavy with Mechanus cogs. "And three. I did mention payment in advance, after all."

While this is discussed, the Rakshasa focuses a fraction of her will to direct a magical message, subtly sent to a person that wander Sigil at the time of the meeting...
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

Vherr lurks as a semi-distinct horned shadow behind the tiefling calling the shots in a sort of protective posture, her emerald eyes gleaming with amusement. She, as yet, doesn't offer any input but it is obviously implied that she is coming.
*Patapatapatapon

Posted by *Patapatapatapon »

"Bethany", as she calls herself, has been quieter of late. Reading, if rumor is to be believed, reading something that isn't trash romance, in fact, and conversing with a few of the select Abyssal scholars of Broken Reach, obscure ritual and the underpinnings of Wayward Devils the subject of her inquiry.

When she sweeps at last into the Slumbering Behemoth -- fashionably late, of course, and bearing a basket of exquisitely decadent party favors -- it's as a golden-haired young woman in a split yellow dress who introduces herself as Whisper. Pale and just lovely enough to remain approachable, she nonetheless leaves her eyes their natural Succubus red -- a little hint for those who know her, to see through the playful disguise.

"Hello, everyone, sorry I'm late!" comes the sing-song greeting and the bright, beautiful smile, "Couldn't show up without bringing little treats for everyone, and then of course there's always that difficulty picking out a dress, I swear to you, I have nothing to wear. Vherr, darling, so good to see you. Is that Rexxer..? My word, I swear you get bigger every day..."

She goes on like that, gliding through the social cesspool like a gilded swan until the topic of the ship is once again raised.

"I've spent some time in the company of captains," she interjects. "No doubt I can persuade one of them the rewards are sufficient to suffer a little scuffing to his or her prow. So to speak. I can be charming, when I need to be. Though do be a dear and toss me a few cogs or a shiny object to sweeten the honeypot, yes?"

She drapes herself over her chair, smiling and listening to the questions and concerns as though having the time of her depraved little life.

"I do so love adventurers," she murmurs softly in Map's ear as she pours the ersatz Tiefling a helping of wine. "Mentally crippled. Enthusiastically throwing themselves into life-threatening situations. Utterly pliable and open to any suggestion no matter how ridiculous, always ready with a smile and a slightly glazed look in the eyes. Got your message, darling -- I'm confident we can all come out of this with what we think we want."
*Cibernadie

Posted by *Cibernadie »

She'd welcome Bethany with a smile, and nod wisely at her words. "There's jink for that, too. The bag is big." Map shakes the bag of Mechanus cogs. "But not enough to throw it around wildly. Tell you what, crew. Let's go out there and find a boat. Once we've secured that, we'll split the rest of the bag, and then be on our way this very cycle after gearing up. Sounds good? Or are there any arrangements more pressing than a once in a lifetime opportunity to become filthy rich?"

If/once everyone agrees with this course of action, the gang would soon find itself around around the markets and surrounding docks in Sigil, browsing any vessel, be it ethereal barge, spelljammer or anything in between, with the Tiefling Map on the front carrying the sack of Cogs over her shoulder as to draw the attention of potential captains for hire who would meet the party's odd requirements for the mission at hand...
*LiquidDreamer

Posted by *LiquidDreamer »

The group wanders the area for several hours before word reaches a daring captain of the ambitious idea of a group of planewalkers. Not one to shy away from adventure and most importantly, coin, he approaches the tiefling

"I hear your looking for a ship." The captain is tall and bearded with a dark brown skin tone. He has a enchanted longsword hanging from his hip and dresses in all leathers, down to the black boots.
*Skuld

Posted by *Skuld »

//Everything's fine
*Cibernadie

Posted by *Cibernadie »

Map presents herself and the assembled band of adventurous misfits to the captain. She'd explain the intricacies of what she requires, placing special emphasis on the ship's role during the heist. "A doorknob projectile, with passenger seats and a vast cargo capacity" more or less. There is no denying the danger of what she proposes, but the captain seems to be very confident of his vessel's integrity, and after a brief examination of the ship itself, the tiefling calls for the contracts to be drawn and negotiations to begin.

After the details are settled, she splits the sack of cogs, giving Fifteen of the large cogs to each willing participant who has stood up with the party up to this moment, and gives twice as much to the captain, just in case he needs to polish the prow of the ship afterwards. The tiefling and the two fiends accompanying her, being the contractors of the run, will only claim payment from the share of the treasure. While some may think ten Mechanus cogs sounds like a small payment, the Tiefling simply says that the heist will yield enough to make entire prime worlds look like the Hive Ward in comparison.

The coordinates of the vault make little sense for those not accustomed to the astral, where things such as physicality, orientation, and distance are more of a suggestion than a rule, but sure enough, a course is plotted, and a small window of time is left for everyone to gear up, and leave Sigil.

The tiefling stays on the ship during that time, barely able to contain her giddiness. The treasure is secondary to her. The Planeswalkers too. The voyage is a small step, to be punctuated with the demise of her rivals and her own rise. One small step for the tiefling, but a great leap for the Rakshasa, straight into the realm of divinity...

((We should probably try and schedule a time for the actual journey now, hopefully sometime where we're all here. I'm a bit busy during the weekends, specially during the day. Mondays and Thursdays and Saturdays i am around 10 or 11 PM CLST time onwards into the night.))
*orcy11

Posted by *orcy11 »

I can do any of those days just need to know for eastern time the time to be on xD
*LiquidDreamer

Posted by *LiquidDreamer »

After hearing Map's explanation, he agrees to volunteer his ship for the job. He states that his fee is 20 cogs up front, as he will need to look up some former crew members since this outing seems extremely tricky.

He leaves Map with a boarding pass and the location of his ship. He suggest that Map collect what she will need and when she is ready to leave, give him a 24 hour notice so he can collect his crew from their leave.

//Let's set a play date. I'm good for Thursday, est time in the evening.