The End Of Shadow's Solstice

*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

At some point during the meeting, Vherr emerges from the shadows of the Taigh. The darkness seems to cling to the marquis a bit more stubbornly than before, obscuring her features almost entirely save for her emerald eyes.

For once, she does not seem to need or want a smoke, as those parts which normally conflict within her are, for the moment, aligned in this matter. When given a chance to speak:

"Been askin questions in dark places, an' I got some answers, few o' which are cheery."

She'd pause a moment before continuing.

"Tha darkweaver yer lookin fer ye on a prime called Itephis, which ye likely already know. Wha' ye migh' nay already know is tha' said darkweaver's recently been noted by me kin as attemptin to barter off a soul prism o' 'unusually high value', prolly Odette. Me kin didn' know wha' tha darkweaver be attemptin ta barter her for, but its caught tha attention o' many shadow demons.

Me point there be tha' wha'ever we're gunna do 'bout this, we need ta do it fast before her soul moves ta hands far more powerful than a mere shadow-spider.

Darkweavers also be quick ta turn stag an' bob a sod on a deal, so while I think chasin down wha'ever it wants migh' be beneficial in tha long run, we shouldn' count on any sorta fair or hones' exchange occurin."

She'd eye the stone rose that Dace displayed.

"Dunno wha' tha' does...but forcibly grabbin 'er soul back withou' destroyin or satisfyin tha sod wha' 'as it now jes' be kickin tha problem further down tha road an' givin it tha chance ta grow. We'll 'ave ta kill tha darkweaver I think, but bes' ta do it on our own terms, usin wha' it wants to get us access to its curren' location on this Prime.

Maybe wha'ever this rose is kin act as a las' resort an' throw o' tha dice."
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

Nods in agreement with Xander's points.

"Aye, if ye wanna draw out tha beast, bes' nay ta do it in a place it'd find lethal ta travel ta. Tha' said, ye wouldn' wanna go wit somethin obviously well suited ta tha darkweaver either...tha'd be too obvious of a trap fer a suspicious mind an'...worst case scenario...it migh' set a trap o' its own seeing as it'd be on turf wha' favors it.

Maybe somewhere surface-side o' tha Prime it currently lairs in?"
*Link6746

Posted by *Link6746 »

Morthos was sitting in the room, going over a few stacks of papers his contacts gave him regarding movements in the hive since the killings began, observations on Khazeet, and rumors from the Clerk's Ward, Bazaar, and Hive about the mirmir killer. He had an excessive amount of information, but very little of it was helping him find anything of use, and the bits and pieces he was gleaning from his sizable collection of reports, logs, and miscellaneous paperwork weren't fitting together as well as he'd hoped. While he had meditated at his normal time each day, he was exhausted, having skipped several cycles of sleep over time in his efforts to find the person who, at the top level, was responsible for Odette's death.

Putting the documents back into the large, six-revolving-tumbler lockbox he had brought into Odette's current resting place, he sighed and closed the chest, locked it, then got up and joined the others assembled there, responding to the words he had heard from the other side of the room.

"I've got to keep peery and keep collecting and sorting more information from around here. I can't leave the cage, so I'll volunteer to help guard Odette's body. Seems the best way to pay her back for the favors I owe her, right now."
*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

Dace looked over those present.

"So...you want to move this off plane, or shall we begin....?"
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

"Nae offense, lad. I dinnae question yer sincerety, but ye'll fergive me fer nae allowin' a stranger to guard th' body of th' one who has my heart. Yer also nae a member o' th' Blades. So I'll ask ye t' keep calm and sit this out. I appreciate yer efforts. Jus' keep an eye on Khazeet for now. If ye e'er wish to apply to become a member, we'll have a more in depth talk. But ye will forgive me for nae bein' able to do such now."

"Dace? " *The warrior's gaze came to rest upon the Mercykiller again*

"From wha' Vherr brings to th' table here. I say we find a location where it cannae do much harm in collateral ways. Slags would have been perfect, but, Kadyx."

*DigitalDragoon

Posted by *DigitalDragoon »

"C-can you truly release her?...Bring her back?" The discussion drew Quinn out of own sullen thoughts. He regarding Dace with a strange look for a long while as the others discuss weither to lure the beast out or what else can be done.
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

*The warrior glanced to Morthos*

"Without meanin' any offense, lad, I am going t' ask ye t' take yer leave. Since this is our hall an' all. Again, I thank ye fer yer efforts, after this entire ordeal is over, an' ye wish t' discuss things further, door will be open. Ye will forgive my reservations since I nae know ye at all, I will admit I am nae fond of strangers wandering about in our hall at a whim, I expect ye understand."

*The warrior granted him a respectful nod, the glint in his eyes however, was a serious one, though non-hostile*

"Dace, I need t' know more though. How does this work? is it akin t' a true ressurection as was given to us after Illia? or is it different?"
*Springer79

Posted by *Springer79 »

Xander didn't seem to be entirely clued in on a lot of the information floating about the hall regarding the Mimir killer or the creature in question. Though, he listened tentatively and made a few notes here and there regarding the situation. Giving eye contact to those that speak and soaking in the possible measures for action. Thus far, there didn't seem to be any complications involving his own expertise with the plans being discussed. He remained ready to contribute when necessary outside of support for his allies. Though for now, he absorbed all he could of the current situation.
*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

Dace turned to Quinn.

"I...maybe. I'm fairly certain that it will work, or at least not harm or compromise her soul any more than she already is. As I said; the artifact was created to free a soul from a bound place, restore the body and reunite the two in mortal life." He looked back to Kelth. "I don't know what happened in Illia, as I wasn't there for that trip. However..." He paused, considering the comparision for a moment. "Yes, I suppose if we're looking for a comparison, some powerful form of True Resurrection would be the closest thing."

He shrugged slightly. "The worst case result I predict is a misfire where it blows off my hand. A somewhat unlikely scenario, but as I said; I do not forsee it harming her more than remaining in this creatures grasp will.

As for locations; I would suggest Mercuria or Elysium. If this Dark Weaver does manage to trace where the soul was pulled to, it will most likely not be able to follow into those realms. If it does, then it will have more than us to deal with."
*Springer79

Posted by *Springer79 »

Steel grey eyes shifted over to the Factor as he spoke to another.

"If this is to be done... Are you aware if afterwards the artifact will still be able to be used for its... original intent?" He left the phrasing to hang there for a moment, sure that Dace would understand what he meant. "Can it be used more than once or are you certain?"

Then again his gaze turns back to those about the table.

"I think either of those two suggestions could work for location... however, I'd ask it be considered that if the creature is likely to retaliate... better to draw it out now then wait until all has settled and each have returned to the city where innocents might be harmed... Granted I do not know the power or nature of this creature, if there is a risk in drawing it out... best do so and have a plan in place to reckon with it...

At that end, I'd suggest considering someplace... it may actually be more inclined to traverse... Though possibly a place that the creature would consider... a calculated risk in venturing."