The End Of Shadow's Solstice

*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

"Are ye really certain it works this way Dace? nae like, ye know, an accursed wish-like weave? b'cause we all know how those soddin' things end up with a foul backfire if we nae do it correctly.

Furthermore...how did ye get by this thing, Dace? and what is this talk 'bout it's initial use?"
*Cenpuppie

Posted by *Cenpuppie »

She was late to arrive but that is due to her finding out what happened to Odette only a few hours before. Vara dresses in a long black dress as she visits the home of The Reforged Blades.

She knocks softly on the door waiting for an answer. When she is allowed inside, she takes a seat away from the crowd by herself. she holds a single blue rose and sits it down in her lap. Being the emotional type, she stays silent and lets everyone else talk.

For the first time while in the city, she wears a very somber expression.
*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

"I'll tell you of its acquisition another time Kelth. Suffice to say though; no, this will not involve strings like that. As I said, the only backfire that should occur is an arcane detonation on the artifact itself." He pauses, considering something. "Or that it doesn't work at all."

"As for the original intent Xander mentioned, I had meant to use it to even the odds against a lich." He shrugs slightly. "I doubt the rose will retain its power after its spell is cast. Still... this isn't the first lich we've had to track. I'll find another way to deal with it."
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

Placid expression still etched on the pale elfs face, while listening to the back and forth. After Dace though, and even if he had his reservations on where some his goals resided, he added with his quip, rubbing at the back of his neck.

Es full heartedly believe this will work as intended. Theres nothing to lose by trying it at this juncture.
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

*The warrior took a moment to ponder, before resuming to speak*

"If this is th' case, I think we should plan ahead. A safe location as t' ensure -if- it turns up, we can fend it off and escape. Odette won't be able t' lift a finger if this is akin tae a true ressurection."

"Then there's also th' matter o' Khazeet in this. I hear nae a soul 'bout this matter." *The warrior left it at that*

"I'll take input in r'gards tae a location."

*The warrior regarded those present, offering Vara a solemn nod as he noticed her*
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

Tess ponders only for a moment before chiming in.
"The elemental planes are typically a no. Too much influence could hurt her when she comes back. I'd strongly recommend against The Beastlands on account of almost assured interference. It's not stable enough, diplomatically speaking. Outlands wouldn't be too terrible, if we can keep the area clear of unwanted guests, but the nature of the plane might get in the way.
Honestly, I think a plane bound in law or steadfast neutrality would be our best bet. Somewhere that natural order isn't going to slap us when we aren't looking."
*Cenpuppie

Posted by *Cenpuppie »

Vara returns the nod as she listens to the recommendations made.
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

"I'd still recommend tha' Prime where it be located...provided it ain' got any quirks wha'd interfere wit magic it'd likely be tha mos' 'neutral' location we coul' find...an' tha mos' tempting for tha soddin darkweaver.

Failin tha', maybe tha Astral migh' be suitably neutral as ta nay interfere wit tha artifact's workins."
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

Link6746,Jul 30 2016 wrote: Morthos wandered the streets looking for answers. He felt that the others removing him from the building had prevented him from doing what he felt obligated to do, and he certainly wasn't that happy happy about it, but the fact that they had been able to help Odette meant that he also couldn't do anything about it... He believed it was important he be able to ensure the information he gave them could be delivered personally and securely, after all, and he didn't think he would be able to do that without being able to enter the building for at least five minutes at a time (Something the words used to ask him to leave left him sure he could not do). As his trust in his own ability to make a difference under these circumstances waned, so too did his trust in the ability of those who were now actually allowed to help Odette and find the killer, a number that he no longer believed included him after a half a cycle and a couple too many drinks.

Feeling unwelcome in the very place he needed to keep going to fulfill his duties, and having forgotten to ensure he could pick up the now-full chest of all the information he had been collecting from his contacts, the information that was now being acquired piled up in his usual room at his favorite non-hive tavern, in a securely locked room that he had paid extra on in order to ensure the best possible lock and the sturdiest possible door for the room, even having been paying since he had first started making enough money to keep the room reserved to him for the room's very walls, windows, and ceiling to receive subtle reinforcements over time.

He spent a few cycles making every attempt to ensure that those other than himself would have even more difficulty finding entry to the room, two interlocking halves of a key having been made from the melted remnants of the old ones, hidden in a recently-added compartment accessible primarily by twisting his glass eye's two ends in opposite directions. A spare was made by the tavern's staff, something Morthos resented enough that he bribed one of them (after treating them to quite a few drinks, hoping to ensure they forget what they did) to take the key and have it enchanted specifically so that it would not even fit in the lock (by a very small margin) if inserted at anything but the times he normally would spend within it's confines, or in the presence of his own glass eye.. As well as another enchantment to hide the arcane signature of the first as much as possible.

In his mind, their inability to accept help from someone who practically owed Odette his life, a few drinks, and a small amount of jink due to trust issues was a sign that they were a little more paranoid than he was, and would probably make a mistake with the information that he had left there in a hurry. One night, the chest full of papers itself had disappeared as well, and apparently been delivered into the room with the help of some of the staff (Brought there by a woman that used a cane designed to appear similar to whatever the common idea of the mirmir killer's cane itself looked like, though with enough subtle differences to ensure a good eye would pick up that it was a forgery, meant in this context as a form of commentary on the situation)... though at the time, Morthos was nowhere to be found in the cage.

Chant said that he'd gotten very drunk one night, and stumbled into yet another portal on accident, stumbling around after leaving the Bottle And Jug while mumbling something about some shifty fellows he thought were following him. This being Sigil, it wasn't really that surprising that the locals couldn't remember which portal it was.

This story was further confirmed the cycle after his last delivery of reports and information. He was nowhere to be found according to several of his contacts, who had simply put the new reports on the desk inside of the room, then stopped delivering them at all.

As for the Hivers in the Bottle And Jug that were still on friendly terms with Morthos, they'd say that prior to his disappearance he'd taken an unusually large liking to a drink called "Slaadi Berserker" in recent cycles, and had probably picked a fight wherever the portal had ended up leading to once the initial delusions of the drink had given way to rage.

((Just my attempt at an ICly grounded notice of absence for a while while I get a few things sorted out IRL. No hard feelings OOC. Hope you'll get a nice burglary arc out of it, honestly))
(( Pending reply until things are cleared up ooc! :) ))

* For all Morthos knew, he was jumping to conclusions? perhaps a single trail of thought could make him realise, that this house, this hall, was home to a clan, a family, and strangers were not welcomed with open arms due to many a deal that had been going on, but perhaps Morthos indeed was only locked into his own trail of thought of not being accepted, or allowed close. Which would be, not at all, such a strange thing, given something as intimate as a death in a close family.

The burglary, however, was not without casualties. Whichever agents had been sent, it was rather likely some of them did not return to live the tale, their bodies never recovered for a burial. As an after effect, Taigh security measures had been increased even further, likely making it an even less welcome place for strangers.*

((Edit: Hope you read this, Link! since I am not certain I read it correctly! Is the chest stolen from the Taigh? ))
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

"I pr'pose we use th' Astral. Perhaps the town, or even Ship. I highly doubt th' beast will come. If it does, I don't know any weaknesses. They are creatures of shadow...pure shadow, so we likely want methods tae expose it, wether it comes for us there or later in time. Argent, care tae do some diggin' on these beasties?"

"In th' meantime, wait a tick..."

*The warrior then stood up and calmly went for Odette's pack, rummaging through it to look for notes*