Into The Dragons Reach.

*WhenWizardsWar

Posted by *WhenWizardsWar »

//as i explained to a few of those involved in this plot, i appologise for the stagnation of replies. Ive been pulling a ton of extra hours on the heal bus because i need the extra money and ive been so tired that i found myself running trauma scenarios in my sleep lol.

If I can gather some of those involved tonight (monday 5/2/2016) then i will do something in game, at the very least expect an IC forum post.
*WhenWizardsWar

//A friendly reminder, now that we have established an acceptable time for almost everyone in this plot to assemble.

Tonight(tues 6/7, 5pm (I believe its us east). Be there or be orc fodder!
*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

((I didn't notice this before, but I [as Morthos] would NOT have been able to make 5pm Eastern anyway. I would be interested to hear the Chant about this later. Following thread.))
*DigitalDragoon

Posted by *DigitalDragoon »

((You're not part of the group involved in this to my understanding?))
*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

DigitalDragoon,Jun 7 2016 wrote: ((You're not part of the group involved in this to my understanding?))
((No, but it's always interesting to hear the general Chant that most would know after the event ends. ))
*Neethanial

Posted by *Neethanial »

So long as the information gained from the forums is not used in game in any way. Exceptions, of course, exist. SIGIS, The Darker Chant, etc.
Any information or chant from elsewhere is strictly OOC until the information is provided in game.
*WhenWizardsWar

//I also want to add something here because there have been some ruffled feathers unfortunatly.

//ALot of people have asked to get in on the latest attempts to further this plotline and i have had to turn them down but its not because your not wanted in my events or anything but one thing needs to be known about this event.

//The team that is adventuriung in my plotline on faerun has ALREADY left. The story is technically over and done but due to scheduling issues and availability issues we have had issues actually playing the story out, this is why you havent heard the pcs talking about it, because it hasn't oocly finished yet.

//So please don't let your feathers get ruffled if you cant join this plot line because ICLY, its already over, OOCLY there is still alittle more of the story left to experience.

//I know its not perfect but it happens sometimes, so please don't get upset and thank you for understanding.
*rapsam2003

Posted by *rapsam2003 »

((No worries. I just want to hear the story IC'ly, when the time is right. All I was asking for. :D ))
*WhenWizardsWar

The townsfolk of Featherdale stood gathered, listening intently as Quinn, a man who many knew and many did not told a tale of the impending doom heading their way. The people assembled could not argue with one another that with so few, they could do nothing to defeat the swarm of well armed orcs rampaging across the country side. The town was soon emptied of its people, most of them heading west to a newly dug dwarven mine in the hopes of finding safety and shelter.

Argent, Quinn, Rexxar and the red dragon Tiemeth stood watching...and waiting as they drew up plans to slow down the sea of orcs once they made it to the town. The group was surprised when a small group of town militia approached and asked where they could help out. The captain of the milita who Quinn knew as his daughters husband stated calmly that this was their town and no damn orc was going to root them out of it.

The hero's persuaded the miltia to evacuate the town, pointing out that they had alot to lose especially the captain who had, over the last few hours become more important to Quinn then Quinn had likely ever imagined. The orcs came a few hours later, catching the heros by surprise with a deadly hail of ignited smoke powder kegs that came raining down upon the town, setting so many buildings ablaze before the mighty planeswalking defenders could react.

Then, the orcs came in full force, tall heavily armored orcs in thick glowing chainmail with enspelled swords and heavy duty enchanted shields.

They poured into town by the dozens...
The heros waded through them with dragon claw and psionic spells and belloing ogre roars.
The orcs came by the dozens...and dozens...
The hero's waded through the orcs...their resources quickly running thin...
In no time at all the town would be over run by the thousands of orcs heading in the hero's directions...
"I've never seen -so- many orcs" one exclaimed.
"Its time to go! Get on my back!" the dragon roared.
Several carefully laid magical traps detonated, claiming the lives of countless orcs...
They still poured forth...
The dragon lifted aloft, heading towards Argents magical ship...
The orcs punched a hole in the dragons hide with a nasty ballistae bolt...

The heros, beaten and blooded to to the last watched as Featherdale disappears under a sea of green bodies.

As they bind their wounds, their eyes catch an odd sight, a heavily armored man flying above the orc horde on a winged beast, a wyvern, studying the carnage below and watching the magical ship flee the scene...

The group has an important decision to make now...

Travel to the supposedly well defended dwarven mines?

Or try to seek allies to deal with this dire threat?.

And who was that mysterious wyvern rider?.
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

The elven pilot stayed at long as possible till the last moment in battle. Once he touched down on his lovely ship, he dropped to the deck. What adrenaline that sustained him was now waning fast. Shambling over to the side, he looked down at the destruction below, bleary eyed from maintaining several warp holes into deadly acid pits. Tacit and dismayed at having consider more options. He knew he placed a great dent in the rising tide, but the battle was more to come.

At that point , all the exhaustion just overcame him, promptly sitting, heavily breathing. He managed to escape without much of a physical scratch, but the mental will power he had prolong for such a time had started draining into vital resources. Taste of blood and crimson liquid spread along his lips and even a stain to his left ear against the silver strands. Reminder there was always a price to pay for power.

Not even opening his eyes, he leaned back against the small landing deck railing, barely registering the others on board, but he made sure for them to hear his voice.

"I dont care, what it takes. We will see..this is made right. Those folk all in harms way. Cant allow..this to happen." *He coughs into his hand and he can feel the gentle nudge in his head from Melethkanaras concern*

"Lets get aid from both the dwarves holding up camp in the mines here and I feel like sending a courier to the Forest of Cormanthor to get the Elven defenders on a march. If they knew these orcs and marking up and down the water ways sacking everything..trust me. They have vested interest in this."

Ill take any other advice you could offer though if theres more readily avaiable allies to route them out.

*He then digs for parchment at his side satchel and a quill. He opens his eyes, with exhausted sigh, then leans over, not minding drips of blood falling to the missive he was writing. One side a map of the surrounding area, then details of the situation with numbers and movements of the hoards. One to note, the orcs was looking for something. Seerer of the Eye of Grumash, his words and then implication of the Black Network*

After, he quietly said let him rest a few hours. The tax his magic had cost him on this day in expendature was great. Calling an avian to him, several in fact, he was going make sure the such a message got through. Copy in triplicate , he sends the friendly fowls out, before setting into reverie to dream of what he was going do next