Floud' N' Floud Construction Company

*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

((Thread dedicated to IC requests for player house building. Either replies to this post, PM or IG interaction are good, feel free to do as you prefer!

[align=center]Floud'n'Floud Construction Company
"Your Projects In Stone (but not only)"[/align]

Formerly property of a couple of Earth Genasi brothers, Rastian and Emmet Floud, the "Floud'n'Floud Construction Company" had been in business for a long time, more or less successfully, before succumbing under the weight of taxes.

It caught them quite off guard, in truth, business were doing fine, but then... bureaucracy struck, and in less than a week they found themselves forced to sell in order to cover the sudden debt they found having with the Takers.

It was a lucky chance (but then again, was it? A chance?) that one of the Fated who were taking care of the issue, Factotum Rhistel Aidan at that time, took interest in their company.
Enough interest to buy it, extinguishing their debt all at once.
Oh, that was quite easy... maybe a little too much one would say, but then again.. bureaucracy and money, mh?

Despite having a new owner, the "Floud'n'Floud Construction Company" still keeps its original name; it is nowadays still in business in the Cage, and sometimes, when works calls, even outside of it.
The Floud brothers don't take care of the deals directly anymore, which now are handled by the new owner, Rhistel Aidan, either at the Hall of Records or his private studio in the Bazaar.
They probably aren't that happy to be now mere employee in what was before their own company, but then again... licenses are in order, taxes are not a problem anymore, wages are good... ain't that bad in the end.

Matter is, whether you want to build a shag, or a palace, there's high chance they can help you with that.

You only need to get in touch.
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

The last day of work in the Hive Ward finally comes to an end, as the building for that newly formed guild is completed and all the required furniture is brought inside.
It was nice to see a work properly appreciated, especially after the problems with their last building, still left unpaid for as the client disappeared in Powers know which portal. The Factor had taken it quite well, nonetheless, despite the loss of money. Materials had been paid for, after all, and even the men's salaries. No doubt he was planning to repurpose it, should the berk never come back.

This time, though, the older Floud clearly expected to find some kind of curtail on the workers wages, considering their behaviour on the Hive construction site (and he was already thanking the Powers, since the Taker ignored the fact they let the clients work with them...), but much to his surprise, not only the wages were just as stipulated, but the contracts for some of the additional workers hired to cover the manpower needed had also been renewed.
The reason was soon clear, as the Taker consigned him a new bunch of documents.

It took the Earth Genasi only a brief look to recognize the Hiromo's property, although some of the additional blueprints had him slightly worried...

"Factor... I need to remind you we don't have men with the required knowledge for this... sort of buildings.." he started, as he examined the papers one by one.

The reply he got was almost nonchalant, as the halfdrow dismissed the problem with his usual quiet tone.

"It means you will need to find those first. This is the reason they pay us in advance, after all. I'm sure you'll be able to make it work," he concluded with what seemed more like a threat than an encouragement, despite his calm demeanour.
"You and your men take care of the building, I will look for the... engine myself."

With those last words, the Genasi was dismissed.
He was glad Emmet had finished the works at the apartments as well, he mused as he walked back to the Lower Ward. This was probably going to take more effort than ever.
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

"A... another guild, is it?"

Rhistel nodded slightly, letting the Earth Genasi inspect the blueprints he just handed him. "I already made an estimate of the building cost, including materials and salaries, I need you to confirm it for me before I present it to the customer."
Funny enough, he always asked for his estimates to be "confirmed", even if most of the times it wasn't even needed, that's why the Genasi came to the conclusion he did it only out of some sort of respect.
Weird blood, that one.

He took another look at the blueprints before rolling them up again.
Keeping a building site open in the Market Ward was going to be hell as always... but at least they didn't need the security as in the Hive. Not as much, anyway.

"I will get you the definitive number at the end of the cycle" he finally concluded, waiting for permission to take his leave and doing so as soon as it was granted.

One thing was sure: he wasn't going to benefit from Emmet's help for much longer, if this other work was accepted.