a Man enters the harmonium looking for Raifael

*Product of Void

Posted by *Product of Void »

A man with red hair, an eye patch and work clothes enters the barracks with a crate.

"I have a package for Raifeal, need his signature so I can get the rest of my fee".

The crate contains a dead fiendish spider, and when Raifeal finally shows up after he signs he is given a envelope as well.

As soon as he gets a signature from Raifeal he leaves quickly, "more deliveries to do".

The letter reads

"This is the spider that attacked you, Have Animus admit the same. Let the rumour spread an act as you seek drow for this attack feeling they are connected to the poison incident. Make sure you keep a guard posted near the outside tavern it seems that is were the merchant sets up. I am unsure were she will pay for her favours. Though I hope to have a Harmonium nearby which will help prove exactly what I say.

I was hired to attack you, to put you off her trail. Only guilty seek such things and dealing with her puts me in danger. My Payment is a necklace to help in combat. As you act as if I was successful in turning your attention else were she will make more mistakes. When one of your men catch her paying me, then drag her in. You will have this letter, her actions, and my word as proof.

From your actions I know you want to save them all, though loose these battles win the war. Send others to do as you were warning them, though keep up this guise.

-Shiv"
*Grisome

Posted by *Grisome »

For the first several minutes after reading the letter, Raifael puzzled over the spider. He hadn't been bitten by one. What kind of letter was this?
Fortunately for the sake of the investigation, he re-read it several more times before something clicked and he realized that 'Oh, right... this is the whole lying thing again...'
His first instinct had then been to burn the letter, not wanting to risk the merchant finding out somehow. In the end he decided Shiv was right, and that it should be kept as evidence... though he was aware it was far from irrefutable (it was, after all, the man's words against the merchant's). But it would still be one more thing to have against her.
Folding the letter up carefully, he tucked it away carefully in the depths of his satchel before beginning to seek Cratten. He stopped mid-way through this search, though, remembering the last conversation he'd had with the man about this particular merchant. Deciding against trying to convince him to keep someone posted at the bar indefinitely, he headed out on patrol instead, keeping an eye out for Animus.
Still, he was unsure he would be able to stop himself from confronting the merchant again if he saw her...
Lying really wasn't his thing.
*Product of Void

After hearing about Rafiel missing, the drow following the merchant, and strong possibility everything was a giant waste of time. He sat there with a sly grin on his face, "why tis it when tings go ta 'ell in a hand basket...I can only tink ta smile at a river of blood it may end in."

Later that night a man dressed in work clothes rented a room in the inn of foul spirits. After going to his room he carefully trapped the door then put a nice layer of sand dirt and cal trops by the door. He locked the door then continued trapping the room in other odds and ends.

Feeling secure with what is done he sets about putting a few diamonds around a bag then starts drawing a few diagrams on the floor. Seeking to ward folks looking in, while protecting himself, and the item in the circle.

The gems focal points to collect what the spell would soon do, gather a visual view, name or anything else scry able from the item in the bag. Much easier then trying to remember or focus on gathering it. Another gem was there to gather information on the item in the bag.

He checked the markings over and over to make sure things are fine, then again the things that made the room secure. A nodding approval of it all then he sat down and chanted quietly. With luck he might learn something interesting about the item from that merchant or who carried the item to her.

//shiv is hoping to acquire info on favour merchant, he has not handled the necklace except to put it in a bag.
*Ceremorph

Posted by *Ceremorph »

The scrying attempt somehow feels as if something is resisting it. For some time, all it manages to show is the locked door to room #9 at the Foul Olde Spirit, motionless and still. But as his eyes continue to stare at the image portrayed, brief flashes appear, staying visible only long enough to give impressions. A city of crumbling towers beneath a striated sky. Soft, musical laughter. A reptilian eye with colors swirling within. And finally, a swirl of diaphanous red silk. Afterwards, nothing but the door.
*Product of Void

With those images flashing in the diamonds, shiv puts them away leaving the inn cloaked in shadows. Going to the great library shiv ask the librarian in his normal garb a few questions.

"ya 'ave any folk 'ere will'n ta do a bit of research for jink or curiosity? I 'ave a puzzle ta figure out figure one of ya might be able ta 'elp. Will seek ta bring ya more books for ya trouble ta. If'n ya know the name of a good diviner ta twould be helpful."

(if shiv finds a fellow there to help research he will give him one of the five diamonds with the results of scrying).

After trying his luck there, shiv goes to the harmion barracks asks for Rafiel.

"I seen em wander the damn town....like ta settle up wit em can wait for em."

(if rafiel shows up shiv gives him a gem under the guise of paying part of his fines, whispering they are the results of scrying his item from the favour merchant, also animus has another note to attain).

Before the day ends a sweaty fellow in work clothes, some burned, some wet, carrying a damaged box. He places it on the counter and sighs.

"Been a hell of a day. I know last delivery is here yet the name is barely legible due to, *shakes head* I rather drink and forget about the mis haps to day. Anyway was pondering if you could do me a favour, I know its suppose to go to a room that is one digit, I heard the name a few times. I do not get paid until I get a signature they received it. Perhaps you can read the names for those rooms then I tell when I hear the right one so I can get paid, buy a few bottles of ale and finish this day?"

(goal to hear 1-9 room guest of course when barkeep mentions names or hopefully lets him view the guest book he will wait till he hears all the names figuring the last to be 9. Then he will say its the one under the name Finlad (shiv), Go upstairs get rid of the box, then buy three bottles of ale. Barkeep does not allow any of it buys 1 bottle of ale and cries "its going to come out of my pay", trying to look sad then walk away).
*Grisome

Posted by *Grisome »

Product of Void,Feb 27 2010 wrote: After trying his luck there, shiv goes to the harmion barracks asks for Rafiel.

"I seen em wander the damn town....like ta settle up wit em can wait for em."

(if rafiel shows up shiv gives him a gem under the guise of paying part of his fines, whispering they are the results of scrying his item from the favour merchant, also animus has another note to attain).
((I was gonna look for you in game for this part, but I'm lazy and you posted, so here we gooo. Also it's like 4:30 am, so... yay typos? And will harass you more in game about other stuff, too tired to type more.))

It wasn't difficult to detect that Raifael had been less than thrilled to see Shiv. It was possible it was an act, to keep up their appearance of distastefulness for one another... but not probable. Once they were alone enough to speak somewhat freely, his attitude towards the man didn't change much.
If it wasn't one thing, it was another. There was just no end to any of this chaotic nonsense, no moment to pause for a break. He didn't mind that so much, actually... it was simply the fact that he was, for once, in control of something. Things would have been so much easier if he'd had someone else to report to on this whole crazy-merchant-matter. He had no one to take orders from, no one to tell him what to do... it was a nightmare. Especially considering that what Shiv had shown him, while another piece to the puzzle, just made things even more confusing.
"Any idea what it's supposed to mean?" He would have asked, though with lackluster expectations. No, of course he wouldn't. That would make things too easy.
"I think we may be able to get into the room without all of this sneaking around... but I need to look into it more. I'll find you later once I've gathered more details. ...But keep working."
And then he had retreated back to the depths of the gloomy barracks to likely resume pressing, tiring guardly duties.
Or maybe take a nap.
*Product of Void

After a busy day shiv enters the library again. Giving the lady at the front desk a few books he ask her if she heard of a good diviner, and the were a bouts of the fellow he met the day before.

He smiled at the idea the law is working for him to get past that damn door. Though he wondered about what else he learned. It was good another had issue, though it was mostly due to fighting over who sold what. Then there was the rumour someone was selling illicit wares purposely that others were seeking.

Looking down at the pouch he could not wonder if a geas or curse laid upon that object. Perhaps something worse a better idea would be find a hin in a cage and force them to wear it to see what happens. If alive after a few days would be considered safe to kill the hin and take it back for further study.

Sighing he wished he still had a tower, and that librarion would hurry up with the darn results.

*Product of Void

After listening to the librarian a bit shiv sighs.

"hey lad..'ow bout ya seek em books for me?...'ave some jink for ya if'n ya do...or 'haps find a few more books for ya shelves."

*thinking the words she said over he ponders if he has ever heard it before. Lore (15 skill+stat)*

Mid afternoon a man in outlandish clothes puts up a notice.

"Finlad the fablous seeks council of a diviner, Perhaps they can tell me what my next portrait should be, or true love, or if this heirloom is magical. Oh, I am shaking with anticipation to know these answers please diviner put your name and description here so I may find you."

With his business done at the library, and town he wanders the town looking for a good spot to summon a demon, perhaps they would have some knowledge. Good part is such a thing wandering around would not be frowned upon. Finding a run down looking shack he enters then looks for a good room to trap, prepare and summon the demon. With the room secure and barred from the inside he set upon putting runes around much like what he saw in the abyss. To limit the demons movement or abilities.

" 'ello 'gain....I am seek'n a few answers for somet'n....tis all...after I 'ave em I will leave...an em wards will fade ya free ta roam sigil as ya wish den..less ya wish ta be sent back".

*Product of Void

Shiv sat in the flop of a house, warding it as before it was time to summon a few demons though an unusual type. Comfortable with the area he began holding a gem to his forehead and chanting. Once the gem shattered spreading into two copies of himself they sat and talked.

"tis a threat ya know"

"aye threat ta who?"

"Ta hide er intent 'ave ta be threat ta folks if'n not the realm"

"Tis why she loves ya dumb 'nuff ta do somet'n"

" 'sides if'n she pays for information tis a rival best ta be rid of"

" tis the head or tail of snake?"

" 'ow would ya run it if'n 'er?"

"we never run somet'n direct ta easy ta get caught less ya 'ave a back...donna know what back she 'ave 'sides she be distract'n folks wit favours....'ave ta be ta test 'er true wares, or figure who can be runners 'haps servants ta 'er ends".

"Ya figure taint the top just part of the snake seen..makes sense see'n rest of em taint known nor what em do she does say associates...not servants".

"Tis 'ow we twould do it make em seem all equal even though taint... 'haps em bright yet tis ta will'n ta make 'er needs known wit 'er favours...ask some'n ta do somet'n best ta know were em truly stand."

" figure 'er one for charges....canna kill message kill em messenger..an better then dead discredit".

"doubt 'er move from er room tis safe an who tis one ta stand 'gainst 'er"

"flyers might be mistake"

"dinna buy em touch em nor use accent tell'n em ta do 'er....'sides dressed as em did ta make confuse'n...need doubt...chaos....worry ta make 'er slip...or ta be ta comfortable."

" em a banner ta rally ta....folks 'ave ta much wits ta buy it."

"aye need an in ta figure out what em cat got ta close ta"

" em friends...start wit em known...em find em all can get em ta be puppets for the play...tis a game she donna know ta play.."

"aye guilt tis more important then truth me figure"

*tilts head* "get goldie ta join em reds? if'n can march ta me request em get what need wit out know'n what em do...nor get in trouble for er".

" em might know who charge what..an witness's....make list break em...discredit em...make em disappear".

"Get em free...an 'er worry seek 'elp...slip up".

With a nod he dismissed the others. Some times its best to have someone to talk to to figure out a problem even if its yourself. No need to play his hand yet nor at all, Problem is lack of info, demon? drow? what is she. What is her real trade, has anyone died recently. Need a Red who will talk, yet getting a stick out their backside is a feat into itself. Perhaps instead of getting a red to talk, get one who talks to be a red.

Plan in mind he saw the merchant with his fenced in slaves. " 'ow much for a goblin? " He paused to ask, then mulled the idea over. Later a hammer on silver as he forged a new blade, he stopped here and there to design an odd collar on a parchment nearby.
*WhenWizardsWar

Posted by *WhenWizardsWar »

"Seethe, seethe, seethe" the woman seems to be the talk of the town lately, Granite mused as he stood vigilent during his most recent post in the bazaar. The name was being thrown around with suspicious tones and people were talking in conspiratal whispers around ever corner.

Granite couldnt help but wonder why everyone was so suspicious of her, after all the Harmonium had one of their best soldiers looking into her legitmacy and so far it all checked out and no evidence pointing to her ill intent had been found. He also noticed, many people holding strange glowing gems of late one of them a fellow Harmonium.

"Seethe, gems, seethe, gems...." Granite pondered for a moment before clanking off on patrol.