Bracing For The Storm

*DigitalDragoon

Posted by *DigitalDragoon »

Demand for food supplies for the burgeoning war-camp certainly kept the fest hall kitchens busy for the next several days. Unsalted non-perishable food was prepared and packs into containers for transport to the salt camp. Quinn's next few days were occupied with overseeing the process and personally enchanting many of the transport crates with weight reduction and volume increasing properties for ease of transport. From there the supplies could be delivered the the camp.

//To the DM: Feel free to contact me when we're both on to collect what cost in jink and materials would be appropriate.
*Toxic Honey

Posted by *Toxic Honey »

After getting the materials together, Kokoro ventures the defensive lines with one of the scouts to lay traps out to keep the enemy at bay. Along the more likely paths of advancement, she places epic electric traps, then epic spike traps beneath hidden pits on the less likely paths. She makes sure to leave markers that the scouts and other allied combatants can use to avoid the traps themselves, but keeps them subtle enough so an uninformed enemy would not piece it together.

(The DM in charge can place as many trap kits that make sense on the battlefield from what I have in my inventory. I'll toss that many away when it's done.)

*Biohazard89

Posted by *Biohazard89 »

Vale enters the Command tent and promptly goes over to the overview Map of the Camp and coming battlefield. putting down Three tokens onto the strategy map and then looking at Dace who most likely would hover around the Map in the Tent.

Vale: I have just recieved word from High Command. They are granting us three 50 man strike cohorts on standby in Arcadia. These units will be able to Gate in at a moments notice, and i strongly suggest we should use them to attack the rear of the enemy when they arrive.

Also on a side note, i would adivse that we keep the the Defense line multilayered. So that support and ranged defense will be providing close area support for the frontline. So instead of having each layer comprised entirely of one unit type we should assign healers, Warders and ranged support as detachments for the Melee companies. That way we can conserve manpower and plug holes in the defense quicker.

Vale looks at Dace and the others gathered awaiting a response.
*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

Dace nods to Vale. "The flanking attack was something I had meant to bring up as well, yes. We are expecting some amount of Jammer support too, from Measure Chari and possibly Doomlord Mauric. I'd suggest we have the bulk of those air forces hidden away from the camp in the salt clouds and join the flanking assault."

He indicates back to the main base camps line. "One jammer, the RDS Vanguard, can remain with the main force to provide support, along with Juna , Namael and Cornelia.

Small deviation though... we don't have them charge at the start. Let the enemy engage our main lines a while longer. We can wear them down and get their attention so they further exposed themselves elsewhere. Give the sneak attack that much more of a good shot."

He nods again at Vales suggestion of the unit reforms. "Makes sense, aye. Have everyone be alert for teleporters too. Enemy may make use of those tricks."
*SyntheticRose

Posted by *SyntheticRose »

In the face of the ennui from waiting upon the deck of the Siren's Song for Dace with no response, a certain frosted witch takes it upon herself to stray toward the Plane of Salt on her own, completely unprotected, and test these conditions that are said to be so harsh. Perhaps she'll find a way to cope while there?
*Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by *Taurus Daggerknight »

The salty desert winds do no favors to the pour witch. The wind threatens to burn her skin off with its corrosive properties, and every breath seems to drain all moisture out of her.

Fortunately for her, there are more than a few planewalkers from Sigil's bazaar active in this operation, and it isn't long before some familiar faces on patrol happen upon her stumbling about. They give her water and shelter in a makeshift camp, and when she's well enough, she's brought to the field camp further along the way.

If she is still looking for Justicar Andor, it would be a while before she can corner him, as he's being kept rather busy through all of this. However, she would eventually be able to catch up to him as he's about to head into the command tent.

Command Tent

Ship of Chaos...

The Doomguard possessing a vessel with that kind of name would normally be cause for concern. This day, however, was a rather rare exception in which he was almost pleased that someone- even Mauric- had one. Still.... he couldn't quite silence the part of him worrying that indulging Mauric's use of such toys wouldn't come back to bite everyone.

He shook his head, trying to refocus on the matter at hand. Approaching the map, he cycled through the plans points silently.

Both dragons would provide support at the base camp, while Mauric- commanding the air forces- prepared his vessel off in the flanks. Vale would lead the primary lines of defense on the ground as per his suggestions. Quinn and Kelth would hang back in the rear lines to provide support and watch for teleporting foes, along with anyone else not already at the main line. Itsuyashi would keep watch for any shadow fiends, for whom he had some special tricks up his sleeve. Kokoro would prepare the field ahead of time with traps for those cultists who led the advance, and possibly snuck into parts of the camp. The RDS Vanguard would also be providing support from within the camp.

Once the battle had progressed in full, and the enemy force was fully comitted against the coalition defense, Mauric would be given a signal via speech stone, then move his "ship of chaos" into the enemies exposed flank. Vale too had reinforcements ready to planeshift into the battle on signal.

When Kruhpai himself arrives, the dragons- Juna and Qar- would aid the daele steel wielders in reaching him.

((Feel free to edit/ add to this, anyone who was there during the chat. Mostly giving the cliff notes here for the DM's benifit, but I've probably forgotten something...)).

He frowned, unable to suppress the sinking feeling that something had been forgotten or unaccounted for...

He also hoped Belkas's little run would bear fruit.
*SyntheticRose

Posted by *SyntheticRose »

As she's guided into the camp, a certain frosty witch finds herself not so frosty for having made the trip! But thankfully, her outfit is covering and her Craft sustains her amidst the harsh conditions of Salt... but she wasn't counting on so ~much~ salt in Salt! She will need a salt-assault suit! As she reaches shelter from the winds, a faint ~plink~ near her feet draws her attention, audible over the muffled wind outside the tent.

"...Oh dear. I appear to be melting. What a world, what a world...!" Indeed, the icy layer that normally surrounds her skin and suffuses her outfit seems to be melting away as its freezing point is brought lower and lower by so much salt! Her bright blue gaze turns to regard whoever offered her this shelter. "..'Tis the second time I've nearly melted, yes? The first was in Limbo! I imagined for myself a body of living snow, and then I found myself in a lava cavern! 'Twas naught but quick re-thinking that spared me that fate. No, wait. Miss Blunt was there. 'Twas something she said that sparked my imagination down that path, I think -- no snow body or lava cave at all. Oh! By the way, thank you for the tent."
*Biohazard89

Posted by *Biohazard89 »

In the Camp an outright racket can be heard as armored boots hit the ground in almost perfect symmetry. To those that looks out they can see the Harmonium troops performing Cohesion drills that surmount to a rather impressive display in martial prowess. Standing infront of his troops Vale barks an order to the troops shifting them into different formations, and measureing the time it takes for the troops to complete the formation shift.

'' Porqupine Formation!'' mere moments later each of the 100 man platoons had formed into perfect round formation with their Polearms pointing out in every direction.
''Listen to my command!. First platoon! Lancer formation! Second Platoon! Wall Formation! Third platoon! Box Formation!''

Almost in perfect unison each of the Three Platoons complete their different formations. Each step resounding with the force of a hundred boots hitting the ground simultanously.

*WhenWizardsWar

Posted by *WhenWizardsWar »

Miranda Illdesserin sits quietly at her usual table at the market enjoying her typical cup of tea. She looks around at the deserted city streets and sighs.

"Every one has gone off to play war and im stuck here..."she pouts for a moment as she gently rubs the top of her enlarged abdomen. She was bored alright...but she was also worried...many of her friends and allies had gone off to to this conflict which she only just recently started to glean information about.

"Your not going on any adventures Miranda, your seven months pregnant, I forbid it until the baby is born" Itsu had told her firmly, at which point she resigned herself to her fate of being stuck in Sigil, at least for the next couple of months.

But still...she did enjoy the occasional war damnit.

She could not just sit there and do nothing, not with her talents and resoucres sitting idle..

It may take Miranda some time, and money to find out where the war camp is martialing but being well connected...and lets face it a war camp on the plane of salt would stand out, she is likely able to locate the gathering. If she is able to locate the war camp, a continious and significant stream of war time supplies begins to flow, food, protected water skins, breathing apparatus's, magic wands of various protections, wands of offensive spells, heavy duty first aid kits and a staggering amount of other mundane and magical supplies that are often critical lynch pins in any military effort. The supplies also contain a few...odd items.

The first are metal spheres about the size of ones fist, each one has instructions with them and there are a several dozen of them, the instructions are very simple.

=Radiant Detonators=

Step 1-Depress the button on the surface of the object and hold.
Step2-Recite the command word "Detonatum"
Step 3-Release the button and hurl towards your target

*These devices hold destabalised radiant magic cores, triggering the magic causes a brief implosion of the energy inside after which, then the radiant energy goes to expand back to its original state will result in a sudden and significant energy release. This explosion is substantial and very powerul so please make sure your clear away from the device when it activates, a recommneded twenty feet or more should suffice. I have provided you with forty eight of these devices, they are very expensive so use them wisely, they should ensure quick destruction of any wall or small structure you need to obliterate as well as any groups of enemies.

//given mirandas skill and power and grasp of magic...and her knack for artifice i figure each one of these little imploding devices would be equivilent to a 10d6 fireball that deals magic damage but its up to the dm of course.

The other set of supplies that comes with the sudden arrival of nessecities, are eight, yes count them eight well crafted longbow armed golems.

These constructs are instructed to find the members of the Hiromo clan and have been tasked to obey any and all members of the hiromo family to the letter.

The golems are covered in high quality heavily enchanted mail armor and each of them is armed with well crafted composite longbows, each archer golem has four quivers, each quiver filled with flaming, acidic, cold or electric based arrows, guaranteeing they are equipped for what ever the war effort may need them for.

There is also a note for Itsu.

"I may be pregnant, i may be stuck here in sigil but i do so love the occasional war. I have sent these eight archer golems along wit some special explosive party favors and a supply of other rescources everyone will need i am sure, ive got the money and resources....i might as well do -something-. The golems are under the command of any Hiromo member. If you need anything at all, any resupply or something specific just send me a message.

Be safe and kick some ass.

PS:None of you are to die, I forbid it.
Miranda.
*Negative Moon

Posted by *Negative Moon »

Moon would be seen returning to the camp after different hours from his scouting. He memorized the nearby areas and studied possible routes the cult could use.

Reported the results of his scouting to the commanders in charge, Moon is seen talking first with the artificers at that time present in the camp and stocking shrapnel and other kind of bombs and traps, then with the warriors stationed there looking for three volunteers willing to join his scouting team.
About a dozen of souls answered his call and lined in front of him.

He would pick a caster, a front line fighter and an healer, all of them would need to be skilled with ranged weapons.

The team is seen leaving the camp after being done resupplying and casting wards.

((to the DM: Feel free to poke me for any info about the team specifics, scouting/raiding and eventually collecting the jinks for the resupplying of the bombs/traps))