Unto Rashemen

*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

The veil was thinner here, the boundaries loose and always in motion.Newly fallen glistened in the meek starlight. Selune cloaked in her black gown, there but this was a night for her shining court to statly gleam. Humble her reign. A showver of shooting stars broke free from their thrones at heavens heights glimmering brightly afore they died in darkness leaving a streak of light in their wake.

Urlingwood

Three witches sat by a sparkling Bonfire. A elderly, a middle aged and a youth who had not yet earned the tile of Hathran. With the starlight glinting in their mask surrounded eyes they gazed. From one of the six eyes a single tear broke like the straying stars above away and trailed along the witch's chin. Said the elder to the young- "Sister, why do you weep?" To her sister she the answer gave- " I weep for the spirits that lost their way and can never find their way back." To her younger sister the elder saith- "Ill the omen, foreboding the sight. A berserker who rage too deep aking the speedin wayward stars. Spirit spent, soul brent. Nevermore will we them see. Ill the omen, foreboding the sight."

I]Lake Mulsantir -Northern Shore.[/I]

Iron Lord Volas Dyerwolk pulled his runescattered greatsword from a fallen trolls body. A fountain of black oily blood sprouted from the huge torso dissolved by the acidic imbuement of his bane's blade. Canting his head as the rushing bulbs of light rushed above him and his numerous retinue. Smiling at the sight. "First my horse stumbled at the gates and now the skies weep as the soil drank foul blood." A Young warrior asked his lord. "When will I have my atonement? When will I be the first to met our enemy and first to fall with my countrymen behind me as the sentence decree?" A tranquil Lake Mulsantir reflected the starry skie "Patience" said the lord looking southward.

Surthay

The red warmage stood at the pier inspecting his fleet unmoved by the phenomenon. His silvery breastplate shining coldly in the starlight and his ruddy robe flutterig faintly. A heavy aroumoured Thayan Knight saluted him in his solitude. "The forces are assmbled and awaiting your command my lord."

Unknown

A joyous exclaim shattered the silence of the frostclad grassfield. "Look! Space hamsters marching everywhere! Villians beware! Great justice is coming for you!" The chilly night echod with bellowing mighty and rightous laughter.

((Everyone interested in the journey to Rashemen should talk to our very own Wuchlaran Nyelthruna in game or through PM. Aming for sunday (18th) around 18:00 gmt to start away. Depending on how it goes there may follow ups.))
*Ghost in the Machine

Posted by *Ghost in the Machine »

((To those of you playing in this right now, sorry am having router issues. I am trying to get back to you.
*spiritofthegame

Posted by *spiritofthegame »

((Sorry I was not able to come back as it is too late (or early) already. Thank you for the Event EM! Will try to perticipate again. ))
*Ghost in the Machine

Somewhere in a tall tower over the abyssal city of Rivenheart the Alu Fiend called Clahraxes passed back and forth around a circular room. Days ago she had been forcibly conscripted to help a group of planewalkers on a prime called Toril. She disliked the experience but this was not what bothered her. Whilst there she had been responsible for the death of a greater Taar'ri, this bothered her more. Given the fiends nature it was likely to have had a powerful patron. A powerful patron that would be perturbed by the set back in its plans that the creatures demise had caused. And this was likely to come back to her.

She had heard a little of what the creature had said, something about a cyst. She decided to take action, it was best to be forewarned. She headed towards an archway as she grew nearer an inky black portal appeared. Stepping through it she came out in Sigil's Abyssal Temple. She made for the library to try and find any reference she could to anything the demon had said.
*spiritofthegame

In the meanwhile Ordlas searches the public libraries of Sigil for informations about a Demon Cyst, cross referencing the symbols he saw on the cultist to whatever he can find there.

Later the Boccob priest will also contact other clerics and sages of his faith in Sigil, hoping to learn more about the topic.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

((Continuing on Sunday the 25th 18:00 gmt+1))

Abyssal Temple: Clahraxes

She found the tomes she read through to be maddning. Forgeries to promote a demon lord and belittle another for the most part. Smearings and ripped out pages. Chaotic to say the least. Promises of powers through rituals that would ultimatly ensnare mortals as they unleased the abyssal forces put in a favourabe light. Cysts there was plenty of however, Occidipus had several recent reports of cyst-like blood vessels but it seemed unrelated.

As frustrating as the reading was this was only furthered by a temple priest laughing mockingly as he spotted her sifting through the tomes apparently not finding what she sought. Leaning at his bone staff the inccubi made no attempt at hiding his glee.
"Need some guidance?"

Sigil: Ordlas

((There was no cultist, it was a demon taken human form.))

His search for the cyst just yields too many results to pinpoint any valid reference. The abyssal runes only formed a line that could be read in half and would be nearly impossible to find unlesss one knew what to look for.

His bretheren of the faith came to his aid however. Two elderly sages approached him. both wearing a pentagon pendant with an eye in the center. Any pleasantries was forgone. "What knowledge eludes you brother?"

*spiritofthegame

'We encountered a Demon- a Balor- on the Prime of Abeir Toril. It was probably active in the lands of Rashemen as we found it hunted by several of their berserkers.

I found the following symbols on its human form and it also mentioned a Cyst.'

The priest points to the papers he already filled with his notes and among those are a few sketches depicting the symbols.

*Ghost in the Machine

The Alu fiends initial thought is to set the man on fire with a spell. No! That is not how things are done here. And he might actually be useful. The rational mortal side of her mind calmed the raging Tanar'ri blood that called for the instant and violent torment of anything that displeased her in the slightest.

"Yes, please. Your help would be appreciated."

She arranges her face into a pleasant smile as she looks the priest up and down a long smouldering gaze filled carnal suggestion. After all that is how he would be expecting an Alu Fiend to behave she reasons to herself. Meanwhile on a much more practical level she drinks in what details of the Inccubus' face she can commit to memory and makes a note of any symbols on his robe so she can try to discern exactly which abyssal power he serves.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

Sigil: Ordlas

The pair looked at each otherm squinting and furrowing their brows in frenetic thinking. Who spoke first was much like who drew the first daggern in a duel as it seemed to Ordlas.

"Thinking what I am thinking?"

"No my brother I am way ahead of you. My mind was always the sharper"

"Quickest to speak perhaps but never more accurate than mine"

"The nation of Thay."

"Narfell it was called Narfell in ancient times. Correcteness if I may reminde you my brother!"

"Of course I know. Your statement is misinfromative however as the Empire stretched far beyond what is today the nation of Thay. I on the other hand suggested with my statement that it was within the current borders our brother here have the best chance of finding his cyst."

Abyssal Temple: Clahraxes

The incubus made a gesture with his hand and the staff floated away. She fealt as if it observed her through the eye-like insignia at the top hovering six yards away from her while roating slowly.

He wore a lavishly oornat e robe of black silk with golden embroidery at the rims and sleeves. Apparently he was a important figure within the temple heriarchy. There was hints as to what Power he might serve. She saw the aquatic themes of Demogorgon. The celebration of undeath leading her toughts to Orcus. The tyrranic imagery of Graz'zt. All to misslead mayhap.

The demon matched her suggestive smile with a lewd grin of his own. His pointed teeth in perfects rows. Walking behind her, his footsteps unheard as he vanished from sight. Feeling his long nails trailing up her right upper arm unto he shoulder while his left hand had sized the upper base of her left wing.

"Malcanthetians always knew how to gain a favour and how to properly reward one. What do you seek in those tomes?"
*Ghost in the Machine

She places both of her hands on his chest and slowly pushes him back into the chair she was occupying before she perches herself in his lap, leaning over him she whispers into his ear as her one hand reaches for a quill from the desk behind her.

"I recently went to a prime world. And while I was there I was confronted by a Balor. It was not very reasonable and I was forced to send it back to The Abyss."

She smiles sweetly and allows a moment to sink in as she rolls up his sleeve with her free hand and gives his arm a squeeze.

"It ranted and raved about an abyssal cyst and it was covered in runes like this.."

She uses the quill to draw as close an copy of the runes as she can up his now bare arm.

"I would like to know why it was there, and who sent it."