Unto Rashemen

*spiritofthegame

Posted by *spiritofthegame »

'Wait, wait, stop.' The young priest interrupts. 'Keep in mind that I am the child of a different prime- the terms you use are not familiar to me at all.

So there was an old Empire where today this Rashemen and Thay is? And this cyst can be found there? Why?

And what is a cyst?"
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

((Next event will be the battle itself. I'll get back to you when it will be. Need to plan this more. You other guys should make some writeups from your characters point of veiw here though!))

Abyssal Tempel: Clahraxes

He rested his slender prefectly smoothskinned hand on her hip as she seated herself. Grinning with lusty gleeming eyes that gazed at her features drinking in as much they were revealed through her raiment. His playfulsmirk faded as he listened to her.

"Dangerous talks. Very dangerous. Especially here."

He put his thumb over her lip while his indexfinger was held at the tip of her jaw ushering her head so their position shifted his mouth now closer to her ear when he began to whisper intrigued the the danger involved as it seemd.

"There is only three true claimants to the demonic throne? It was not always so. Once resided a being in the abyss so powerful he rivaled them all. Even Demogorgon for all his might was not secure as the Prince of Demonkind. Long ago this lord was torn from his realm into a prime, not as a demon aspect but his true self. Some Believe he came too Close to ther true essence of the abyss and the very abyss expelled him. Dead and destroyed they would have you believe because they fear the return of the king. I believe you encountered one of his vassals."

Sigil Library: Ordlas

The pair of sages rose their fingers simultaneously as they fell silence abruptly although eager to continue their sagemaster standoff. Speaking both at once hurrying to filling each others gaps would the other lag slightly behind or miss something.

"The first answer is yes. More than two thousand cycles ago. The Binders of Nar consorted with abyssal powers and bond several unto their service. Raumathar the Eastern and northern bordering empire which included much of todays Rashemen and Thay as well clashed with Narfell in a legendary. Even the avatar of Kossuth was summoned it is written as well as sveral Demon Lords. Both empires falled in the epic strife."

"The cyst our broder. The Demoncysts we could call them without being incorrect. You must understand that the Power of the spells cast by these anicent magus was immense and far beyond any summoning spell you would be able to cast yourself. As they summoned the demons part of their planes was torn with them and now lay scattered as pocketplanes through the lands where they was summoned. "

*Ghost in the Machine

Posted by *Ghost in the Machine »

She listens her head turning and her lips purse and close around the thumb pressed against the thumb that teases against them. Its almost second nature to the Alu Fiend she does it without thinking, but this does not mean her mind is not occupied, there is a spark of recognition.

"I think I have heard this story."

As they shift position she rests her feet up on the desk and leans back against him, her head rests on his shoulder and she turns to whisper into his ear, warm breath and the hot wet tip of her tongue tease over his skin as she does.

"Are you talking of Fraz-UrbÂ’luu?"
*spiritofthegame

The priest listens patiently to what is said but every answer given leads to more questions.

"So parts of the Abyss are scattered around this prime. How strong is the influence of the Abyss, what rules are in effect? You mentioned pocketplanes- how can they be accessed?

I suppose they are still treated as parts of the Abyss or at least not as part of that prime as far as magic is concerned, am I correct?"

Ordlas rests his fingers on the top of the table, thinks.

"What can be done to bring back balance to the lands?"

*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

His hand moves from her hip up along her ribs, squeezing her thin muscle fibers against her bones with a frim grip. As she shifted his hand moved across her belly to take hold of her opposite lower ribs pressing her back tightly against his well shaped torso. Yielding to the alluring touch he leaned in his head to get more of what was given.

"The Prince of Deception. Failed to a mortal and lost his realm in a similar occurance yes. He has since regained much of what was lost during his imprisonment however. For all his cunning and scheeming he could never rival Graz'zt and Orcus in raw power and certainly not Demogorgon."

Perhaps he was a afraid to speak the name out loud. Glancing to a pair of temple guards further down the library shelves.

Again the two sages looked at each other in febrile thought. One could almost imagen steam emitting from the thought-engines behind their foreheads by the exchanging glances alone.

"Hard to say the chaotic energies may have formed individually as they was separated. Evolved by its own or shaped by the demons will that's still entrapped in those pocket planes."

"You forgot one thing my broder and collegue! The binding are still in effect most likely and thus the abyssal nature that you would normally see in such a pocketplane hampered greatly. Frozen in a sence."

"That's just your theory don't start making your own thoughts facts."

The two spoke together once more apparently realising this was not the time let their debate grow out of hand infront of the youth.

"Best were if the seals were strenghten if the binding started to falter."
*Ghost in the Machine

She contents herself with leaning back against the demon, resting her head on his shoulder she looks up at him as he gazes at the temple guards. She rests her hands on the ones that squeeze her stroking her fingers up and down his skin.

"Its ok, whisper it into my ear, it'll be our secret."
*spiritofthegame

'Seals? So they sealed it away instead of trying to get rid of it. Interesting.

However if this is what works best it is what I shall do. What can be done to strenghten the seals and is there a way to push back the chaos and evil by, lets say, using the influence of the upper planes?'

Waiting for their answer the young priest then adds another question quickly, his mind racing as it tries to understrand what he heard, tries to calculate and plan the actions that must be taken

'Are those seals what hamper the spread or are they also the anchors that keep the pockets on this prime?'
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

He passivly let her hand carass him while he nibbled with his pointed teeth at her ear although he didn't fully diverted his atttention from the guards.

"You will know him as Eltab of the Hidden Throne. Those who presume him dead are either lying or smply ignorant. You cannot truly destroy a demon lord outside of his own realm. He may have been spirited away from his throne but he was never defeated at it."

"They had no intention of destroying the cysts. They Tanar'ri were used in the war effort. Once the empire fell they simply remained. The witches and red wizards might lack the ability to unbind them."

"You must also understand they there is countless of these cyst scattered throguh the north-eastern lands. Most hidden bellow ground. All of them separated from each other."

"So strong are the Narfelli bidings that to this day most of the strongest outsiders remain under the influence and are unable to return. "

"Most likely the binding keep the cysts from expanding. Or becoming abyssal rifts."
*spiritofthegame

'So the seals are the key. what can be done to strenghten or weaken them? Both ways might serve balance, depending on the situation.

Also what do I have to expect to be bound there? Are there more like the Type Six we encountered?'
*Ghost in the Machine

Her legs drop from the desk, mouth her mouth and her eyes open wide and she lets out an audible gasp, but it is nothing to do with the attentions of the Inccubus as expert as they may be.

"Then the cysts are.... and he's going to......"

Another thought strikes her.

"The spirits the ones they are all so desperate to venerate and appease...Oh that is clever."

((OOC: Now I must ask. I know who Eltab is and think I have worked out what is going on, but how much would my character know and should I make a lore roll?))