The Twin Cages - Defense of the Outlands

mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

Word came during the meeting in the Hall of Speakers that the gate town of Glorium had fallen to the forces of the other Sigil, and that Faunel was under siege. The Harmonium immediately declared their intention of fighting back, which was only re-iterated in the following Factol's council.

Some hours later, notices went up around town, bearing the symbol of the Harmonium:

Those who would assist with the defense of the Outlands should make their intentions known to Mover Tonat Shar at the barracks. Factol Sarin himself will be overseeing the counter-attack in Faunel.
//This is a thread for those who are planning on joining in the defense of the Outlands as part of the Twin Cages campaign. There will be other threads for the other event-chains in the campaign. Each character should only join one event-chain (so if you post that your character is doing something here, they can't also simultaneously be joining another team/mission). Thanks! :)
Saiceles

Posted by Saiceles »

Once she woke up from her exhausting evening, Katherine has moved to visit the location informed upon the notice, offering her help in moving to the defense of the Outlands, in whatever capacity she could. Between the available options, something like fighting would be where she'd be able to help the most, so the woman made her sword available should it be called upon. For the time being, she while waiting, she carried on with her training and usual routine, although trying to deviate from its usual routes to try and visit the cities of the Outlands more often, just in case an emergency came up.
Krilari

Posted by Krilari »

With reconsideration to the nature of the threat posed to Sigil, Abwan Valorstride offers axe and shield to the Harmonium-led efforts in defense of the Outlands.
Last edited by Krilari on Fri May 22, 2020 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eldwen

Posted by Eldwen »

A rather large, silver kobold goes to volunteer with the Harmonium, with a written letter:

"I, Resix - a servant of Bahamut and squire to Sir Ashvall pledge my sword to the defense of the outlands and the reclaiming of lost gatetowns. May the enlightened justice of my lord guide us to the best possible outcome to this event.

I will take orders, but I cannot accept any that are directly against the creed of my Lord or my Oaths, I will inform leadership if something like this comes up.

-- Resix."

With that, the squire officially enlists with the troop to defend the outlands.
Serena

Posted by Serena »

Aidan had taken the notices with apparent disinterest on the surface, but he still knew well that coordination was key in such a situation: he had promised the Duke a plan, and that's what he had been working at since they finally left the Hall of Speaker, spending the rest of the cycle in his office going through the numbers and the resources at the Fated's disposal to make sure he knew what he could reliably work with.
He also knew that, for part of what he had in mind, he was going to need a group of trustworthy individuals, and while several names were already on his who-to-ask-to list without he even had to think about it, he still had to make up his mind about the last few elements - a problem he planned to deal with once (and if) his plan was going to be approved to begin with.

Informing Mover Shar was going to be the final step.
"Hand me my shovel, I'm going in!"

Plays: Aidan Rhistel - Factor and Law Representative of the Fated
Feel free to reach to me IC for enlisting or general faction rp
Kayn96

Posted by Kayn96 »

Xyris looked over the notice board... Which avenue could she possibly chose to help? Heh. An invoker nevertheless, possessing explosive magic, a flashy demeanor, with little to no ability to mend the ailments of others and who'd already all but burst in frustration as news of the Gate towns being assaulted in the middle of the meeting?

As if it were to somehow come off as a hard decision. - Decisive, confident and nonchalant, the pink-head made her way down to the Barracks to push forth her wish to deliver sweet riposte back to those who'd disturbed the order of the 'verse.
Gadwin

Posted by Gadwin »

Reina stumbled out of bed and plodded along to make her rounds, only to find the hardheads' notice in a bid of awkward timing. She'd seen and heard plenty about Harmonium, being an Arcadian, but never once had she really seen them in action. Between this and her thinking it far easier to take orders than lead, efforts were made to join the others who may or may not have need of her sole talent.
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

True to her word (this time), Minasien wasn't far behind Reina's volunteering. While true that her skill in direct combat was fairly limited, what was not was her skill in preparing others for combat, and healing them in the middle of that combat too. In fact, that might have been her absolute best skills.

Besides, she actually liked Faunel. The idea of it being razed and everyone killed to her was abhorrent. She may have personally supported an idea of brokering peace, but protecting others? That was something, if even only just slightly, she found more urgent. That was a comforting thought as the masked drow put forth her name to Mover Tonat Shar after Reina had. If luck had it, maybe in the middle of all the fighting, she'd find some other clues about whom or what was really behind it all.
Last edited by silinrul357 on Mon May 18, 2020 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sareth675

Posted by Sareth675 »

Karn hears about fighting the very same berks who have been ruining some of his favourite spots to visit in the Outlands. Glorium... Faunel wasn't high up on the list, but if the two that had already come under attack were any indication, Sylvania might be next, and our intrepid Reveller can't have that happening. It was the finest boozing spot in all of the Planes.

((Count Karn in as a sign up on this))
Urbancat

Posted by Urbancat »

The Erynes approach the barracks and present herself to the guards asking informations to sign up. When she is asked she sign her name with the others.

Klo Thort.

Done that she returns to her usual stuff waiting to be called.