The Twin Cages - Defense of the Outlands

mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

Viann wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:04 pm I would propose we question the one high profile prisoner we still have, that they have not requested. Darkborn Mikkel. Whom, as I have come to understand, may act as some level of religious herald for their hierarchy. They may be able to provide answers - granted as a fanatic they might not be forthcoming. There is some planewalkers who already are in the know of this matter and I'd suggest granting clearance for questioning to the following planewalkers:
- Professor Sharon Raynsford.
- Her spouse, Leyana.
- Baatezu Klo.
- Baatezu Sarin. According to what I have heard, some manner of an expert in matter of souls.
- Tindra of the Fraternity of Order.
Nica receives a note back informing her that Harmonium High Command has no objections to granting the named individuals clearance to question the prisoner. Of course, they will still need to apply to the Prison themselves.

As for her other points, they may be better covered in person.
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Weirwood wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:58 am He is looking first for any sort of access to the city other than the obvious ones. Hidden passes come to mind but if theres caves anywhere on the hill that houses the city Xujja will check them out too as long as they arent actively inhabited and guarded. He stays out of ballista and trebuchet range but does land in places where he can take cover and observe the city walls closely enough to look for vulenerablities.
Glorium is a remote little village, well defended by the mountainous terrain around it. Xujja's instinct on caves is correct, however. While flying around the area, he spies many cave entrances and warrens. If he investigates any of them further, he might even find one that leads from a remote path to the shoreline near Glorium. . . and also, coincidentally, rather near the portal that the enemy is using.

Otherwise, it looks as though the enemy has fortified what used to be a very small hamlet, and is still building further fortifications. He doesn't see sign of anyone who isn't Crimson Dawn.

The main path into the town - the only way you could lead an army, really - isn't terribly wide. There probably won't be a choice but to face the Crimson Dawn in a chokepoint, if they are to be met in pitched battle.
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Serena wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:43 pm And this is why he ended up spending an entire evening in one of the tents in the camp, performing in order a “Discern Location” and a “Scrying”, focused on the only Factol Sarin he had ever met and known.
The scrying spells turn up nothing unusual about Factol Sarin. As far as Rhistel can tell, he's the Sarin he has always been.
Viann

Posted by Viann »

Gloriums Liberation

((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc7FoTSzsfk ))

During the battle planning phase several angles regarding Glorium were discussed. First, a valley would be where the spearhead would march. Wide enough to move an army, but it would also paint them as a target, and the Crimson Dawn was certain to know that. Factol Sarin would lead the army. Second, another team would make their way around to Glorium to take care of the portal key, and transfer it elsewhere with a teleportation spell by Factor Rhistel Aidan. Third, remaining civilians of Glorium were decided to be secondary objective. Too risky and difficult to access to form a team to rescue separately. They'd just simply have to make do.

Harmonium main army group sounded the horns to move out. And the army made its way toward the perilous valley to Glorium. Though wider than most entry points, still narrow to allow maneuverability for the army. Only formation available to remain tight with overseeing cliffs on left and right, river running inbetween to split the army. Though attempts at looser formations to paint less of a target were attempted, the space simply did not allow it. It was a shadow that started the fight. It was followed by a near constant barrage of Crimson Dawn siege weapons aiming at the clustered army, raining pain and death upon the attacker. Then dragon that made the shadow landed to face the army, followed by hundreds of Crimson Dawn army men in their charge to meet the Harmonium. Battle was fierce, loud, hectic, deadly. Another dragon revealed itself and spewed fire at the Harmonium ranks and formations.

Initial chaos was quickly conquered and despite the perils, and powerful foes the Harmonium and planewalkers marched on. Leaving a trail of death behind. The siege weapons in the meanwhile were destroyed by the planewalkers with capability of flight relieving pressure from the main army group. Outskirts were eventually conquered, and a detachment was left behind to tend to the wounded and guard them as the main force continued toward fortified Glorium. Resistance only grew stronger the closer they got until at the small village itself. Now fortified by stone walls as well. Hundreds met their ends that day until only the main fortification stood. Attempts at breaching the reinforced gate were initially unsuccessful. And the Crimson Dawn started to further reinforce the gate as their archers rained death below. Reina, Klo, Xujja and Karn managed to find their way to otherside either through flight or other talents to try to buy time to break the gate.

Notary Ygthil proved instrumental in starting to destroy the gate piece by piece. Measure Nica requested him to throw her across to aid rest of the group, though breaking her leg - literally on landing and joined the fight to buy time. Surrounded by an overwhelming force for what felt like an hour, but was likely in actuality much less. As the gate started to break and shatter and allow the main Harmonium force, as well as the secondary team to join the fray to relieve the now badly battered and damaged forward group. Last steps of conquering the fortification was taken and Glorium was liberated. At a terrible cost.

Twelve withered and unfed remnants of Gloriums original population were liberated. Hundreds of wounded and dead were littering the battlefield and getting tended to.

Victory.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Measure Nica is later seen in the infirmary. Bruised, leg broken, but otherwise not too badly hurt. Getting the leg initially set in place by the aid of Reina and Klo. She remained at infirmary even after they left. To get it checked by a professional. And it would take a long time before she'd make it up the list with all the other wounded in the mix. Eventually admitted to the care of the medical team in general.
Red the Rogue

Posted by Red the Rogue »

The battle for Glorium was rather grueling for even the 'Key-Taker Team'. Despite their initial silent approach for the tunnels, the group had to fight their way through the tunnels to the other side. Unfortunately having to forgo non-lethal means to defend themselves, the team managed to cut their way through even two Darkborn beings, people that Rebecca Arisdottir immediately recognized from the second visit to Faunel. A hard battle, but a victory none-the-less as Rhistel Aidan portaled the key of the nearby megaportal to an undisclosed location. Just in time, as a fully-crewed spelljammer had been making its way through. With the megaportal immediately closing, the ship was cut in half, sending the crew to a watery doom below. With their mission done, the team decided to move into Glorium to rejoin the assault.

When the dust settled in the gatetown of Glorium, Rebecca took a while to rest by herself with a lit tobacco pipe and a long gaze over the sea. Even with exhaustion having finally taken its toll on her in the past hours, the Ysgardian tapped out the ashes from her pipe and went to work helping the forces still located in the town. She offered to help with any rebuild, fortification, or manual labor efforts there.
Sharon Raynsford - Experienced adventurer finding renewed purpose beyond her prime.
Lyanna Wayfarer - Traveler of worlds, cultural explorer, and experienced physician.
Tavia - Bardess, tale-teller, daring-doer.
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

Many of the cutters that day had seen Minasien with them, almost excited for the day's events, even despite being warned of their incoming 'suicide' mission. Minasien seemed to be well aware of the risks, and even had mentioned some of their more 'tough' fighters should probably accompany the key team (a worry that proved founded later when so many of them sustained heavy injury later in those fights, including Minasien herself), but she still didn't seem all too bothered when they refused. It was quite a departure from her almost solemn attitude about the war that had so often accompanied her the past several cycles.

She maintained this attitude even when the key-finding team went through their roughest fights, even when she sustained major injury, and even when they finally succeeded, cutting the spelljammer in half. Her attitude never changed, even if she sat to catch her breath a moment next to the 'key' while everyone else left. The last anyone might have seen of her was a start back the way they'd come to the camp. Yet when time came to return to the camp, she did not come back, nor did she ever (and she also did not tamper with the key or anything around it)! By the end of that cycle, Minasien had simply disappeared from the Outlands.
Viann

Posted by Viann »

A letter is delivered from the Sigils medical group, two infact. One to Measure Nicas superiors containing details of her injury and condition. Second, perhaps the last public report related to the war.
Outlands Liberated

Liberation of Glorium has been successful, and with that the Outlands themselves have been liberated. The portal key to the other side has been secured, and it may be used to assault against the Crimson Dawn. But make no mistake, easy times are over. Up until now we've had homefield advantage. From here on out, it will be enemy that has that advantage. And they may be willing to fight twice as hard so as not to lose ground.

I don't know what comes next, and now it's your time to figure out what to do to organize, not just yourselves. But those around you. Under unified goal, that helps all of you.

I will no longer be able to act as your superior, treatment of my injury will have to take precedence and it may take weeks or months until I am up to the task again. I suggest you continue to deliver your reports, to the Harmonium. I will leave you with these last words.

This war does not just show us of societys fragility, or its structural flaws. It also shows us Factions and cultures coming together. It shows us the resilience of our spirits. It shows that when things ultimately change back to normal, and they will. It's not just because the war ran its course. It will be because of those individuals, who through hardwork and sacrifice stood bravely against, not only against the dangers of a deadly war. But against the dangers of fear, uncertainty and chaos. Who faced an unfair, uphill battle. And fought it anyways. Driven only by the faith, that their efforts will not be invain. Who did their best under circumstances in which no one can really know what the right course of action is.

It's in these acts of selflessness, perseverance and solidarity to each other. Whether they be a grand effort to save our worlds, or the small acts to simply maintain it. In this we find a source of strength, stronger than any threat which seeks to defy it.

- Nica Brianna Kelter,
Measure One

((With that Measure Nica is out of the event at large. And it is no criticism about the event line at all, I enjoyed it. But I had her participate from the get go, with the idea that it'd be a send off for her. Original idea had been that she'd die, and even have the original draft I made for that option too. But the moment never quite seemed right. Instead I changed it to ... well I won't spoil it yet.

And she is through and through hardhead, which without a doubt has rubbed some people the wrong way. But having known where it'd go, I spent front heavy time to involve her and establish her to make stuff happen. Knowing that along the way, it'd become others job to try to figure things out.

Thanks for the RP and have fun!))
Tingly

Posted by Tingly »

Ygthil Emberblood spent the next several cycles focused around slow, boring guard duty within Glorium. He kept an uncharacteristically detached countenance about himself as he did this, uncertain as he peered upon Glorium; was it a gatetown anymore? A military outpost? A battlefield? A ruin?

Once he felt satisfied that the Crimson Dawn wasn't mounting a retributive strike anytime soon, he once again recruited the help of a medium-sized Harmonium soldier to write his unsolicited thoughts. He considers sending a letter to Measure Nica, but thinks better of it after her recent report. Copies are instead sent to Mover Shar and Composer Sarin.
My superior,
I have spent some time among others securing the gatetown of Glorium. While I was at first overjoyed at the scope of our victory, over the past few cycles I have come to a conclusion that I believe is shared by at least some; the liberation of Glorium cannot be complete until the settlement is restored.

In the time that Glorium was under the control of the Crimson Dawn, they have created a fort and given the town a degree of 'material military value' that was not there before. I believe they expect us of the Harmonium to entrench ourselves there and claim the place as a military outpost for our faction; it is for this reason especially that I think we must prove our true Harmony, and coordinate with other forces to rebuild and repopulate the town.

First, I would like to suggest that the Society of Sensation can accomplish much of these arrangements; the faction has had more presence than most at Ogden's Watch, and no doubt many have been closely involved with the war. Many of the faction's members are no doubt eager to 'experience' being a settler, or something along those lines, and the various artists and spokespeople for the faction should prove skilled at attracting interest from others in Sigil.

Secondly, I would like to suggest that we reach out to the adjacent plane of Ysgard; the gatetown is said to have had a good relationship with beings of that plane. I believe that a particular hero of our conflict, one Rebecca Arisdottir, is a native of the plane and would make an appropriate emissary to any authorities there.

These are, of course, the shallow suggestions of one soldier. Hopefully they resemble something of use.

- Ygthil Emberblood,
Notary One
Serena

Posted by Serena »

Days had passed since the retaking of Glorium, a victory that to Aidan still felt almost unexpected, as their team nearly saw defeat trying to reach their destination. He knew well it was only thanks to the ones that managed to hold their ground in those tunnels that right now they had to worry about severe injuries only, and while the thought of what they risked still bothered him, he was grateful for how things went.

Following the battle, he had stayed in Glorium to both recover from his own wounds and make a rough estimate of what was left of the Fated outpost there, going through anything the Crimson Dawn hadn't get rid of in order to be able to file an accurate report of the situation to send back at the Hall of Records, along with the news of their (momentary?) success.
He also made sure to see to the recovery of the few civilians that were left, low key matching names to faces and checking how many from the list he had were actually in their custody. He wasn't looking forward to their trial at all, but he knew well it was another side of the war they couldn't escape. If they were Fated, they'd know they were going to get exactly what they bargained for, although he was keen on being understanding toward the ones who merely tried to save their lives after Glorium had been so suddenly taken.
A courtesy he wasn't willing to extend to any of the original informers, should any of them have had the misfortune of ending up in their care right now.

And then, of course, there was the key they managed to steal.
The objectionable statue rested on the island in his demiplane while he waited for news from Factol Sarin: as soon as he'd know where the harmonium intended to keep it, he'd gladly make sure to move it accordingly....
"Hand me my shovel, I'm going in!"

Plays: Aidan Rhistel - Factor and Law Representative of the Fated
Feel free to reach to me IC for enlisting or general faction rp
newdevilofpromise

Posted by newdevilofpromise »

It's been a couple of cycles since the Sinker was in the Outlands, they would check on their new catapault design, following their progress, and then in another instant, they would order the de construction and construction of new Instruments of war, Basillstas, design with mobility and quick handling in mind, capable of downing any Aerial Creatures, and the other? A Flame dispensing device that is powered by Fire essences and shoots out volleys of Flame onto any ground Troops, they stayed in the Outlands, overseeing the Construction and commision of these instruments of war, some said they saw the Odd Sinker with a Riding Crop and a Black Dress, Perhaps it was for Morale boost?

Chant said they were not too bad to look at.