The Twin Cages - Defense of the Outlands

Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

Viann wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:21 am
The Battle of Faunel was Harmonium Victory,

However much remains to be done. We have a battlefield littered with corpses and if left unsorted we will have other issues such as diseases potentially spreading among the ranks. I suggest a message to be sent to the Crimson Dawn to come collect their own dead, and their unarmed force should be allowed a safe passage for that singular task. Under Harmonium supervision.

Next, the remains of their spelljammer needs to be secured and searched carefully. I believe it was said it acted as a command post, it may have vital documentation that is either still intact, or can still be pieced together. The sooner we can do this, the better. Their siege base is likely to hold other crucial information, and any supplies we can keep away from them, the better.

The families of the fallen should be notified, and considering the number of men, I will start contacting for those of whom I knew and I suggest superiors of others do the same. The Gatehouse should be notified of the influx of wounded requiring immediate attention.

I also suggest cycling Harmonium forces to fresh units gradually to ensure morale and physical capabilities of the fighting force remain up to standard as they get well earned rest off the battlefield and warcamp, and under better conditions once in a while.

Nica Brianna Kelter
- Measure One of the Harmonium
Nica is, per her recommendation, sent off with a unit to investigate any surviving materials onboard the enemy command ship. She finds little to salvage, however. Between the Hellball blasts and artillery fire, not to mention the intimate meeting of ship and ground, the vessel is little more than so much broken wood and charred materials. She does, however, manage to salvage a number of missives and maps, along with the body of what she might safely presume to be the enemy Mover. The face is unfamiliar, but along with the materials gathered, can be sent to her commanders.

Tingly wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:37 pm Ygthil Emberblood took a moment away from celebrating victory with the other Harmonium grunts, and returned by himself to the rolling plains where the major battle had taken place. He felt a distinct sense of 'jamais vu' as he looked over his surroundings; it had seemed like only hours ago that he was shouting provocations at an enemy army numbering in the thousands, while desperately trying to protect all of his determined little allies. It had, at least for the moment, turned into a solemn place, very much unlike the field of corpses he had last seen.

Walking up to the top of a nearby hill, Ygthil took a couple boulders out of his magic bags. Carefully using giant-sized chisel and hammer, he wrote a memorial into the stone.
ON SAVORUS 1ST LOW 136HA
AN ARMY OF SIGILIANS OF ALL FACTIONS CAME TOGETHER IN THE DEFENSE OF THE PLANES. MEN AND WOMEN GAVE THEIR LIVES ON THIS SOIL FIGHTING AGAINST AN INCURSION BY THE TYRANNICAL CRIMSON DAWN. MAY OUR MULTIVERSE LONG REMEMBER THEIR VALOR AND SACRIFICE.
What follows is a list of names; every fallen Sigilian whose name could be determined.
As Yghil finishes up his monument, many soldiers gather around to admire his work, or pay tribute to their fallen comrades. Over the next few nights, several toasts are raised, both to the fallen, as well as the noble giant who sought to honor their deeds.

((This will be added into the module by the campaigns end : ) ))

newdevilofpromise wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:23 am The Sinker would make their way towards the outland, observing all the Carnage with a low blow whistle "Shite" Said the Opal Eyed Androygnus Sinker as they took one look at the scene, nodded slowly to themselves and walked off, making theirway back to their Fellow Factioneer's Camp, the Doomguards, Talking Plans in building a Giant Rapid reloading, lauching Catapault to cause the most explosion...
The schematics are welcomed by the Doomguards comrades, and work quickly begins to build the war machine.

((details to be discussed))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The army once again began to lay out preparations for another operation, though this time it would be a smaller scale matter; the sweep of Faunel. Rumor had it that something still stirred within that town....

There also began to arise pointed grumbles among the ranks, as certain prominent adventurers began to spend more and more time in Sigil than at the camp.

"Indeps!" some would remark. "They see one battle, and decide they've won the war before sodding back off to town, pattin' their own backs all the way!".

Especially scathing were some of the words around Reina's name. Although she had made a name for herself in the battles , her time back in the bazaar was starting to become noticed by the soldiers at the camp.
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

Contrary to what may planeswalkers, Minasien's time in the outlands had increased as of late. Ironically despite this, her time in the camp had decreased. Every time she came back to the camp, she was dirtied, and had a little bit of blood on her. It was clear her efforts had ramped up lately, and she came back to the camp several times with healing kits. Most often, she left the supplies at the infirmary. Past that, she was seen offering her warding magics to anyone heading out to danger zones, no matter the person.

Something of a change in her normal routine, apparently out there, she found a violin as well. During the downtimes of the camp, she would play some somber, relaxing tunes for those appreciative of such (she wasn't exactly professional, but clearly she'd played before). Whenever asked about it, her answer was the same every time: "Music does just as much for morale as Rest and Relaxation.

Yet always, she returned to the field, and was usually out there for long periods of time. Quick, and hardly in one spot at the same time, she was seen still 'borrowing' supplies from the scouts or supply lines, but in addition now often seen in the highlands, studying the movements, altars, mines, and basically anywhere there was Crimson Dawn activity. She had a copy of Sharon's latest available correspondence too. Related or not, she was clearly looking closer at things in the Outlands.
Shinta

Posted by Shinta »

Tallia has spent everyday since the battle in the outlands or in camp. Everytime she went out, she came back a little colder, more ragged, and tired. After days of going it alone, or Bella, she finally met her match. She stumbled into camp, clutching in one arm several enemy missives containing troop movements, new supply paths, and the lot. Her other arm hung limply at her side, her armor rent and dried blood caking the makeshift bandage she used. Without her blindfold on, for you could tell that was the bandage, her hollow and scarred eyes stared out lifelessly. She made her way to the gate, dropped the papers on a table, before leaving. She was wordless as she left for sigil, and it would be easy to tell that her injury was not the only issue.
Viann

Posted by Viann »

Taurus Daggerknight wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:03 am Nica is, per her recommendation, sent off with a unit to investigate any surviving materials onboard the enemy command ship. She finds little to salvage, however. Between the Hellball blasts and artillery fire, not to mention the intimate meeting of ship and ground, the vessel is little more than so much broken wood and charred materials. She does, however, manage to salvage a number of missives and maps, along with the body of what she might safely presume to be the enemy Mover. The face is unfamiliar, but along with the materials gathered, can be sent to her commanders.
Measure Nica went painstakingly through with the unit to find any and all documentation, maps and other things she could deem to have value. Be they either fully or partially intact, including the body. And an hour after her unit had decreed it all searched, she set them, and herself, to do a double take, only after this she finally concluded the search and proceed to report her findings to the high command.

She had been spending her time recuperating from the wounds of the battle of Faunel. Too stubborn to seek medical aid, so instead she chose to walk it off, but not over exert herself in the last week. Having been briefed by Rhistel and Sharon with their discoveries revolving around the Glorium, she finally drafted her open report about the matter.
Glorium Intelligence

There are some details that are important for the liberation of Glorium that everyone should know. These are latest information that have been gathered in collaboration of several people, but the information may change.

General information of Glorium:

Glorium is the smallest of Gatetowns, it housed only three hundred or so people. I have been informed most of them have been executed in process of this war. We don't know the exact numbers however. Like Ysgard it is connected to, its people are known for loving battle. It is shore town with no manmade walls. Instead it is located in the shore of a fjord, the fjord provides it a natural defensive boundary. There's only two ways in or out. Sailing a ship or a narrow cliff road. Unlike other gatetowns, Glorium has two gates to Ysgard. Only twice a day through a water-gate. Another through labyrinthine caves.

The gatetown does not trade much, most of its denizen spent their lives fishing and hunting, with farming added in the mix. Needless to say, it is not an easy place to approach with an army.

Portal information of Glorium:

To make the matters worse, reports indicate that our Glorium is connected to their Glorium via portal, we don't know its exact dimensions, but I have been assured that it has been described as a "mega-portal" so as to grant an idea of the scopes we are speaking of. It is housed near a waterfall, and the key is a massive panda statue made of marble and obsidian. We however do not know if they have a second key on their side to keep it open. I could speculate that if I was in charge of their operations, I would ensure the security of this portal.

Crimson Dawn Forces:

Despite its naturally small size, it'd appear the Crimson Dawn has invested increasingly large forces into this Gatetown. Reports speak of three spelljammers in the area, and an army. What we don't know is what manner of reinforcements may be available from their side. But incase of engagement, they'd have the advantage of bringing in reinforcement compared to our forces. And unless such an attack would be over fast, any siege would become essentially moot, other than to confine them.

To make matters worse, they also still hold the remaining residents of Glorium as what could at best be described as hostages. And it is reasonable to assume unless we are able to somehow prevent, they'd probably move the population out of the way and utilize them as sacrifices. Speaking of which, stay on alert. There is an increasing amount of reports about Crimson Dawn using altars, prisoners and mental patients as sacrificial pieces. We don't yet know what for exactly. But whatever dark rituals they are planning, are unlikely to be for our benefit.

In conclusions:

We have a very difficult to reach shore town, which houses an entire army, potentially another on alert. Is connected to their realm via a massive portal, key to which is a large stone panda statue, and may have another such in place on their side. And to top it off, they have hostages. Needless to say, the liberation of Glorium is anything but simple endeavor. Lets consider two scenarios: we move in by water, if they were to manage to destroy a ship or two, we could be stuck if they block the passage. Or we move in through the narrow cliffroads and have bulk of our army unable to use formations or numbers to any advantage while potentially being vulnerable to their archers.

And even if we could move our armies in place, they might be able to produce overwhelming numbers thanks to their portal. Of course sabotaging their portal key is an ideal option, but we don't yet know for certain if it is their only key. Only that it appeared after their attack. So a more secure option might be to target their portal with portal disrupting magic to ensure they cannot either move their prisoners, or bring reinforcements in. it would be a temporary solution for any active engagement however. But an option to consider incase destruction of portal key fails.

An alternative option is to utilize the water against them, with potent enough practitioners may be able to cause the water to perhaps create a tidal wave to wash, and secure shore for a potential attack. However such details are speculative currently, and the cost in collateral might be dire.

Regardless, with the current information, and without a good plan, the attack on Glorium would appear to be extremely costly.

- Nica Brianna Kelter,
Measure One
Last edited by Viann on Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serena

Posted by Serena »

((I might not be able to make it in time today x_x if that's the case, please do consider Rhistel being stationed at the infirmary as per usual))
"Hand me my shovel, I'm going in!"

Plays: Aidan Rhistel - Factor and Law Representative of the Fated
Feel free to reach to me IC for enlisting or general faction rp
Mymothersmeatloaf

Posted by Mymothersmeatloaf »

The defense of the outpost was long and grueling but lyra did her best to protect her own. After the assault she tended to the dead, she wasn't apart of the immediate medic team, but she still tried as she was a doctor. Many of the dead weren't susceptible to resurrection spells, so she tried to drag them into an order the infirmary can take care of them at.
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

The portal in Faunel was one of the last things Minasien had wanted to see. What was more than that, she had sincerely hoped upon seeing it, a disjunction or two might have taken care of it. Of course, it hadn't. Whomever had set it up there had taken some great pains to make sure it would stay there, so when she told everyone that it would take 'days' to close, she for once stressed the point that she wasn't exaggerating the time at all. Even while the others backed away from the violent scene, she moved forward, and immediately began work to try and seal the portal, even as the others went to interrogate their 'prisoner.'

There were many ideas behind it of course. Plus, so shortly after everything had been cleared, they had requested backup. That was a plus, having more than herself to work on the portal and maybe one to watch over it wasn't going to be near enough.She had sent word back to the camp as well, to the few whom might be looking for her. At the least, they deserved to know what she was doing. There was also the matter of the several altars nearby, and Mina had a sneaking suspicion that they needed another look at too. She had to start somewhere though, and there was a gate of shadows and darkness right in front of her.

Still, she was happy to have Nica there. Much like herself, 'Ruler' Nica seemed to think it just as important to remove the portal from Faunel, and that was fine by her. Minasien loved Faunel, so this was already more personal to her. Nevermind the fact that the floating figure in her eyes was appearing more and more often now. She felt like one way or another, she was getting close to the answers she'd wanted for so long. For now though, she had a long few days ahead of her. She said she was going to work to close the gate, and that was exactly what she was going to do... with a little help from some wonderful Faunel tea.
Viann

Posted by Viann »

Another public report by Measure Nica, after todays events.
There is two things I wish to address today. First is what my team discovered in Faunel, the second is a word of our alliance. I will start with the latter, as it is more important for the longterm strategy, if we are to wish to triumph in this war.

Alliance United

The war is a horrible event. And over the course of it, many of you will witness terrible things. You will face levels of stress you might not have ever before. I cannot expect much of you, but I will expect one thing out of you. Remember what you fight for, and who you fight against. We have had several triumphs over the course of this war, and this has a tendency to make us arrogant, and expect rest of the war to be over soon. And make us remember tensions and issues we have with each other... but now is not the time for this.

We fight against Crimson Dawn. Not simply because "they attacked us first", nor because they are merely labeled as "the enemy". We fight them because they are an aggressive, hypocritical, tyranny. One which seeks to execute all that fail agree with their extreme views. Whether or not we are a danger to them. This is what they are indoctrinated for, from childhood.

To do so, we must fight them with more than just swords, magic and arrows. Do so with your actions. Be better than the Crimson Dawn. And prove them, that even in our division, we stand united on this cause.

We do not murder those who no longer can fight back. Take prisoners if the enemy surrenders or is unable to fight back. Cruelty against prisoners and those who surrender will mean they fight twice as hard instead.

Threats against your fellow allies will not be tolerated. We have a real enemy, get it off your system against them.

I expect you to aid your allies in fight. Even if you have an issue with them. In battlefield, they are an asset for your benefit. Our success in this war will be measured in how small number we can keep the casualties. In that, every pair of hands will help.

Crimson Dawn in Faunel

The Crimson Dawn has been defeated in Faunel. Mikkel of the Darkborn was taken as a prisoner. He acted as an emissary and told the Harmonium to leave the Faunel, as we'd have no place there, according to him. Of course I had orders to follow, and I set to follow through them. He also informed that Factol Sarin has been taken prisoner, this information has been forwarded to Mover Shar through an accompanying mage. I have not fully verified this, and I hope this rumor is only exaggerated. But the attack on Ogen's Watch was implicit and also something they mentioned.

Besides this, the Crimson Dawn were performing some manner of dark ritual utilizing blood, and likely lives, as a vessel to power a magic. Try as we did, we could not burn all the blood of their troops that kept attacking in swarms. Which likely acted as the source of power for the portal of darkness that is now open within Faunel. Planewalker Minasien is attempting to utilize a manner of runic solution to close it. But even on their estimates it is likely to take days.

As such, I suggest this effort is tasked for the Ad Hoc Bureau of Blink Assessment. It'd appear their expertise on the matter might become instrumental in analyzing closing this portal.

More later.

- Nica Brianna Kelter,
Measure One
After this, she proceed to assist in clearing up the bodies and shift wounded with all the other personnel and planewalkers. Her living quarters had become a mess. Fight had traveled through it, and a body had bled into her bed. She was tired after everything that had transpired, and instead opted to take the bed of one of the people she had carried off with the other corpses. But she couldn't sleep. Lying on the bed thinking of all the familiar faces she had just helped carry away. Their names. Their personalities.

Felem Dannad. Notary two. Recent transfer from Arcadia. Prefered guard duty, always had a tale to tell.

Gachim-Kuf. Notary one. Sigil branch. Grew up in the Hive, yearned to prove they could rise to better.

Rikven Nishar. Notary one. Sigil branch. Born into longline of Harmonium. His father was a Mover, he joined the war to prove him he's worthy of the lineage.

The list kept growing through the night time. As the dawn settled, a restless night wasted and she got up to continue with normal Harmonium routine. Starting with early wake up and training.
Tingly

Posted by Tingly »

Ygthil Emberblood spent most of his time in the following days watching over prisoners in the camp. Slow and boring work, but not something he considered above him. As the hours went on, he occasionally took whatever chances he could to commiserate with the prisoners of war.

He speaks of his family history, of ancestor fire giants who fought and died at the beck and call of a cruel god without understanding what was truly going on. He speaks of the bravery in breaking free from such chains, and how another showed his ancestors a more glorious path; this is, of course, a lead-in to more blunt attempts at convincing them to change sides to Sigil's Harmonium. He points out the relatively low death tolls on their side and the egalitarian nature of Sigil's army as proof that they have managed to unite people without using the methods of the Crimson Dawn.
Red the Rogue

Posted by Red the Rogue »

After seeing the public report, particularly the statement on the recent aggression among the planewalkers, the Ysgardian gave a quiet nod and made her way out of the camp the next day. Even with the hidden element removed, the enemy still succeeded in opening a portal from the Abyss to Faunel. Even with the count of monsters flooding through the shadowy portal dwindling, she saw more than a few of the abyssal creatures escape into the wilderness.

Someone had to hunt them. With Nica and Minasien tending to the portal situation before backup would arrive and the rest tending to other matters back at the war-camp, Rebecca took it upon herself to hunt down the rest of those beasts and whatever other enemies roamed just beyond Faunel. Using her abilities as a tracker, she spent most of her time locating each monster, one at a time, before inevitably engaging them in battle.

Keeping Measure Nica's statement in mind, any surrendering soldier Rebecca happened across would not be killed. Instead, the woman took them into custody and turn them over to the Harmonium.
Sharon Raynsford - Experienced adventurer finding renewed purpose beyond her prime.
Lyanna Wayfarer - Traveler of worlds, cultural explorer, and experienced physician.
Tavia - Bardess, tale-teller, daring-doer.