The Twin Cages - Gatecrasher Team

Eldwen

Posted by Eldwen »

With his volunteering, Jay also passes the following note to Factotum Da'nanin, to spread to other members of the Gatecrashing team.
It has come to my attention that our plan, with an unknown level of details, was mentioned or discussed within the Bazaar recently - assume the worst.

Our plan is in jeopardy, the chances of our success now would be cut in half, at best - spies are everywhere, and now they very well may know our intentions.

Only the diplomatic team could have caused this leak, intentional or not I would propose we cut all intelligence to them for the time being - taking missions would be fine, but we cannot be intermingled if they may threaten our missions, or our lives.

It is imperative this knowledge be given to everyone who will be going on this mission - and they know to accept the risk of being possibly walking into a deathtrap.

I am still going on this mission, I gave my word, and Blinksquad never turns down an order once accepted. Just remember - Couriers are killed with stray words, not stray arrows.
A Kobold

Posted by A Kobold »

Caex one hundred percent absolutely instantly signs on for anything to help the Gatehouse patients.
Weirwood

Posted by Weirwood »

mimifearthegn wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:31 pm Some days ago, the Gatecrasher team captured one Inquisitor Aidan from the Other Cage. After some brief questioning, he was transferred to the Prison for more in-depth interrogation.

Xujja stops by the prison to visit the torturer assigned to prisoner XH-0002 with three specific requests for information he hopes will be useful to the Gatecrasher teams.

First, we want more personell targets. This man no doubt knows many of the officers leading and planning this war and we need to squeeze him for locations and ambush opportunities to strike at their leadership. We know there is not perfect discipline and unity in their ranks, so there should be more than a few targets we can dig up and catch them moving between their city and the battlefront. Ideally we want to cull their most responsible and steady headed leaders first so that as the war wears on they have only their bickering hot heads to rely on for sound military strategy.

Second, resources. We need some physical targets to strike too. The last prisoner did not know enough about how they get their food, but hopefully this one does and we can find a way to undermine their logistics. Find out if there are any other resources that they may be in critical need of that we can further deny them with a well placed raid. Get us some ideal targets and times for raids.

Another part of the resources concern. They have lost several ships already. A handful of their flying ships crashed inside Sigil and another was lost in battle recently too. Can they replace these ships? Do they have a ship building yard somewhere in their Lower Ward we could go burn down?

Third, we really need some insights in to what plans they have to undermine us. Find out what they know about us, and if there are making any solid plans to go for any specific targets on our side so we can make them harder to reach or have an ambush waiting
Mymothersmeatloaf

Posted by Mymothersmeatloaf »

Jill had a duty to her home which was sigil, and planned on joining the upcoming mission.
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

Eldwen wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:25 pm With his volunteering, Jay also passes the following note to Factotum Da'nanin, to spread to other members of the Gatecrashing team.
. . .Only the diplomatic team could have caused this leak, intentional or not I would propose we cut all intelligence to them for the time being - taking missions would be fine, but we cannot be intermingled if they may threaten our missions, or our lives. . .
Factotum Da'nanin read the note, and then looked to Jay (assuming he was sticking around for a response).

"Any mission that we run with the Diplomatic team requires cooperation. In the case of our next mission - they are supplying most of the relevant details. Either we run missions with them and communicate, or we don't run missions with them at all.

"Do you know what information was leaked? Or when?"

The half-elf frowned, looking rather perturbed at the whole situation.
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

(Something has come up today. I might not be able to join in after all, sorry!)
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

A report on the last mission is made available to the Gatecrasher team: See here

Along with a copy of the Book of the Crimson Dawn.
Weirwood

Posted by Weirwood »

Xujja catches the factotum early in the day by the reflecting pool in the Festhall as he is walking to his office. Not expecting Da'nanin to have much time for his showing up without an appointment, Xujja keeps the interruption as brief and to the point as possible.

"I feel like I could be doing more for the war in The Outlands so I will be transferring down to the front. If something changes and you end up really short handed It wont be too hard to find me, but I think you will be fine with all the talented volunteers you have here."

If theres nothing important to be said by the factotum then Xujja makes his goodbye a simple and efficient 'Stay sharp cutter'
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Weirwood wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:26 pm Third, we really need some insights in to what plans they have to undermine us. Find out what they know about us, and if there are making any solid plans to go for any specific targets on our side so we can make them harder to reach or have an ambush waiting
While information on possible targets has not been forthcoming, the following tidbit is passed on to the Gatecrasher team: See here
Weirwood wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:09 pm Xujja catches the factotum early in the day by the reflecting pool in the Festhall as he is walking to his office. Not expecting Da'nanin to have much time for his showing up without an appointment, Xujja keeps the interruption as brief and to the point as possible.

"I feel like I could be doing more for the war in The Outlands so I will be transferring down to the front. If something changes and you end up really short handed It wont be too hard to find me, but I think you will be fine with all the talented volunteers you have here."
Da'nanin seems somewhat disappointed, but wishes Xujja well in the Outlands.
Red the Rogue

Posted by Red the Rogue »

After some silence, Tavia sought out Factotum Da'nanin during one of the more peaceful cycles in the Festhall. She offered a smile and a polite bow.

"Hi, Factotum. Sorry for not making it last time. Are there any jobs or missions that we should take care of? I'm considering performing some scouting on the other side to map out the city, especially the Lady's Ward, if that might be of any interest to us all. Maybe overhear or grab something crucial while we, or myself, are over there."
Sharon Raynsford - Experienced adventurer finding renewed purpose beyond her prime.
Lyanna Wayfarer - Traveler of worlds, cultural explorer, and experienced physician.
Tavia - Bardess, tale-teller, daring-doer.