The Twin Cages - Gatecrasher Team

A Kobold

Posted by A Kobold »

After embarrassing mixups involving Sendings and the fact that they don't work on him, Caex is very, very careful to make sure he knows when things are going to happen this time, and he immediately makes his interest in helping out known.
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

Surradio offers a tentative assistance as well.
Eldwen

Posted by Eldwen »

Jay offers his assistance quickly, Blinksquad is more than willing to contribute - afterall....this is a delivery
MarblePilgrim

Posted by MarblePilgrim »

Twelve Fingers makes it known that he's up for another mission behind enemy lines.
Primary RP characters: Dave Turnbull, Twelve Fingers
Secondary RP characters: M9-TX, Reginald Q. Foxworthy, Breeze Johnson, Zogrukh, Giddy Visitor
MarblePilgrim

Posted by MarblePilgrim »

((Scratch that. I won't be able to make it on time to tomorrow's event.))
Primary RP characters: Dave Turnbull, Twelve Fingers
Secondary RP characters: M9-TX, Reginald Q. Foxworthy, Breeze Johnson, Zogrukh, Giddy Visitor
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

The joint Gatecrasher-Diplomat mission was a success. Mistress of the Heart Zahra forwarded the following report from Alios to the gatecrasher team:
Kilitariax wrote: The expedition to the Gatehouse was a success. I was accompanied by Caex, Jay, and Surradio.

Their Gatehouse is nothing like ours. There is no courtyard, with only one way in and out. The place is in disuse and disrepair.

We made contact with several Bleakers inside the safety of the Gatehouse, and the intention of our mission was spoken. While initial skepticism made way to abject horror (for our presence there was grounds for immediate Inquisitioning), we ultimately made our case of being able to offer Hope to the Cabal, and to the rest of their City in turn. They retained some of their initial belief that we, the others, are agents of chaos and filth and pose an immediate threat to their City (as per the Crimson Dawn's propaganda).

However, they requested a gesture of good faith on our part, to prove our pure intentions.

While their mission remains that of helping those in need, they have an unfortunate arrangement with the Crimson Dawn. The Dawn will regularly visit to take away patients from the ward for "processing", but their ultimate fate will be at the hands of the Signers and their cult's rituals. Despite this arrangement, the Cabal has no love for the Crimson Dawn, for the deal was cut out of sheer necessity in order to maintain their faction's sanctioned status and thus survival.

Among the most recent group of "acquired" patients is one female halfling named Lyra. One of the Bleakers we spoke to was insistent on her safe return, but likewise wished for us to save the entirety of the group. The patients turned prisoners will be held within the City for a few days yet for processing before being shipped off to bastions unknown, likely somewhere in their Outlands.

We are expected to intercept and free the captives from the hands of the Crimson Dawn and the Signers, and return them to safety. Only then will their Bleak Cabal be entirely willing to help us and establish permanent means of communication and begin forging a resistance from within.

In two days time, we are to return to their Cage to meet up with our Bleaker contact at the dwarf statue (who I learned is supposed to represent a certain Dorganion) in their Hive Ward. They promised sufficient know of the Dark to obtain the final location of the prisoners.

I will be personally handling the upcoming rendez-vous for intel, but the rescue mission will likely fall into the hands of our Gatecrasher team anew.

~Kilitariax

//We will be holding the mission to rescue the unfortunate asylum patients next Wednesday, 7pm US Central. Gatecrasher and Diplomat team members are both welcome to join. Let me know here or on discord if you can attend!
Red the Rogue

Posted by Red the Rogue »

Upon hearing there were plans to rescue this other Lyra and of the other patients, Sharon immediately made way for Factotum Da'nanin at the Civic Festhall.

"Sharon Raynsford. Sorceress, gatecrasher, part of the diplomat team. I'd like to request joining on this trip, both to see more of what's going on and to meet this other Lyra. She may not be the one I know, but let's just say this is a favor for a friend. We'll keep in touch."

Although part of the Gatecrasher team and usually more than eager to help the team, Tavia seemed more anxious to hear word back from Sylvania and was handling a personal matter. Whatever it was, it upset her greatly.
Last edited by Red the Rogue on Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sharon Raynsford - Experienced adventurer finding renewed purpose beyond her prime.
Lyanna Wayfarer - Traveler of worlds, cultural explorer, and experienced physician.
Tavia - Bardess, tale-teller, daring-doer.
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

Surradio again volunteered to go. (But I will be under the same time restriction as last time, just a heads up!)
Bloodlines

Posted by Bloodlines »

Leyana accompanied Sharon to speak with Factotum Da'nanin. "I'd also like to come along if Sharon is going. I know my way around a few of the streets there and good at being unseen. Let us know!"
Eldwen

Posted by Eldwen »

Jay of Blinksquad is quick to re-sign for the mission. Having pledged his services to the gatehouse the courier has put his business name and reputation on this successful delivery: it will be done