The Twin Cages - A Diplomatic Solution?

Asigai

Posted by Asigai »

mimifearthegn wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:35 pm
Red the Rogue wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:32 pm On the topic of prisoners, the Crimson Dawn seek a return of Inquisitor Aidan and Mover Reina. Their initial offer has been an equal trade in prisoners despite the Faction Council's request for ransom money. When pressed on this, the Crimson Dawn offered 100,000 "golden coins" each for Inquisitor Aidan and Mover Reina based on the belief that both had been "badly mistreated". They remained adamant on this as well as kept their offer of exchanging prisoners, but it has been stressed by us that a counter-offer will most likely be done in response. They're valuable prisoners worth more than 100,000, but I do wonder if their "golden coins" hold the same weight as our jink. I urge that proof is given as to their well-being if the Faction Council wants to see more value in their prisoners. The Council will need to decide on this, however.
Word comes that the Faction Council that they will accept no less than 1 million jink per prisoner, and all they can offer is the assurance that they are still alive. . .for the moment. It is up to the diplomat team whether they wish to deliver this message, of course.
Katani states to this "I think we should deliver the news. We don't have to agree with the councils decision, but we have to abide by it. I think maintaining the communication we have is more important than worrying that we might offend them... like... what are they going to do, start a war with us?" she snorted.
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

Mistress of the Heart Zahra encourages members of the Diplomatic team to attend the Faction Council to report progress, and to debate the matter of which target to pursue first.
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Word also comes from Factotum Da'nanin of the Gatecrasher team that they are looking for a few volunteers to infiltrate the other side, and gather more intelligence.

((The Infiltration / Scouting mission is open to the Diplomat and Gatecrasher Teams. There will be no in-game event, but we will do some Discord RP. Any character who joins will need to stay out of game for about a week. Let me know if you are interested and we'll set up a temporary Discord group for it.))
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

((We are looking at Wednesday, July 22nd @ 4pm US Central TIme to make the final decision on diplomat contact + do the meet. I realize this is a ways off, but let me know if you can / can't be there :) ))
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

(I'm gonna do my best to be around but things have been a bit busy, so I will probably be irregular in being around when others are. As for July 22nd I don't foresee any problems there, but that'll depend on said previous statement! I'll be there with one of my two if I can))
Nuvalis

Posted by Nuvalis »

The Eladrin comes to the Gymnasium asking for who have to talk to join inside to the diplomatic team."I'm Nathand Lessen I quite season walker, I give my time and my skill at your disposal, this war is tragedy for both of the two sigil If I can prevent innocent to be involved and try to safe people from the tyranny of the red Sigil I would be glad to help."
Asigai

Posted by Asigai »

((Katani will be there))
Red the Rogue

Posted by Red the Rogue »

(( Sharon will also be available for tomorrow! ))
Sharon Raynsford - Experienced adventurer finding renewed purpose beyond her prime.
Lyanna Wayfarer - Traveler of worlds, cultural explorer, and experienced physician.
Tavia - Bardess, tale-teller, daring-doer.
Asigai

Posted by Asigai »

Katani writes a new report, visible to diplomatic team, but gets a copy made to share with the Gatecrasher team also.
The diplomatic team had their vote whether to pursuit Perrin Solarkin of the Athar, or Superintendent Lance Maserby. And had an unanimous result to go after Superintendent Maserby. Largely the result was based on: with the war moving to Stranger-Cage, we'd be pressed on time and unlikely get new chances. And Superintendent Maserby, as one to run their news and thus propaganda, could be used to reduce civilian resistance and casualties in the longrun. As well as turn general morale of the Crimson Dawn, or downplay events to our favor.

We had been quite well prepared to deal with a man that was described as a pig, but HOLY SHIT, WHAT THE HELL?! Anyway! Meeting with the resistance after distracting surface guards to enter their secret base, initially we discussed and found a secret tunnel that lead to their Civic Festhall, or its equivalent anyhow. Now known to the Mercykiller operative, Callum, that accompanied us. The trip was quite uneventful and we got to the Office of Civic Affairs, or whatever it was called. And found Superintendents office.

Managing to get our way in and... this champ was surrounded, and I mean literally, by four naked tiefling ladies while drinking wine. There was also fifth tiefling that was fully clothed and seemed to act more as a servant than... you know. He had named his blunderbus as "Bertha", unlike cannon that ours has. So I guess in that analogy, I'm not sure if that means ours is compensating something, or - besides the point.

Well after we got past the surface of lecherous and suggestive tosh, he did reflect at least a realistic understanding about how the war is going. He very much appears to understand the position that war is really not going in their favor. And is willing to help us publish news in our favor, but... he does want things.

Demand the first:
He wants to keep what he owns, his words. He means wealth, property, and the ladies. Of course I'd say we let the interpretation of the things be looser. We could technically tell him that he can keep what he owns... and after this is over, express that he doesn't own the women. I just cannot agree to let him just keep these women as his slaves. But he doesn't need to know that. Besides it'd be the literal meaning of his words, rather than the spirit of them.

Demand the second:
He wants to meet, read 'shag with', one of our Society of Sensation members. Whom, and I quote: "Next time I wanna meetin' with one o' them, like a real hot one like. Tight arse, busty chest, like fokkin mellons" and he even gestured the size. I only stated that there's bound to be one or two willing, but that I couldn't promise anything that'd go against free will and his wishes would have to be confined by that. And I maintain that view still.

"Demand" the third:
This one is a bit less of a demand and more a cultural exchange agreement. We're going to be exchanging rare, and luxury vintages. They send some to us, we send some to him. He's one of the more hedonistic sorts, and enjoys luxury and his position obviously. So likely that can be used against him, even if you'll feel like you need a bath after just talking to him.

Speaking of which, bath time. Blech.

PS. Nathand of the diplomatic team decided to stay in the Stranger-Cage and asked me to pass a note to our Reina, I did so.

PS2. I left conclusive choice for Factols to make, or whomever runs the show. I can't decide this level of things for you guys!

- Katani La Calliwell.
Namer of the Transcendent Order
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Word came from the faction council that an "understanding" had been finalized with Superintendent Maserby. It seemed that the first and third demands had been agreed upon, and that was enough to get somewhere.

((FYI, the next session open to the Diplomacy team will be Saturday, August 1st, at 2pm US Central Time. More IC details will be given when we get closer!))