The Twin Cages - A Diplomatic Solution?

TheoremOfNeutrality

Posted by TheoremOfNeutrality »

(( Should be good for me! ))
Red the Rogue

Posted by Red the Rogue »

(( I can make it. :D ))
Sharon Raynsford - Experienced adventurer finding renewed purpose beyond her prime.
Lyanna Wayfarer - Traveler of worlds, cultural explorer, and experienced physician.
Tavia - Bardess, tale-teller, daring-doer.
Bloodlines

Posted by Bloodlines »

(( I'll be there! ))
Let Sleeping Drago-

Posted by Let Sleeping Drago- »

// +1 Attendance!
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

Mistress of the Heart Zahra makes sure that everyone is appraised of recent developments and intelligence from the Other Cage: See here
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

Zahra also shares the following letter (provided by Katani) with the Diplomatic Team:
Katani,

I had the opportunity this cycle to interrogate a prisoner from other-sigil, a bodyguard of one Inquisitor Aidan.
I want to share the results with you, that they may be of aid to you and the others making attempts at diplomacy.
Hopefully, this intelligence will provide you with some valuable insight. Please share this knowledge, at your
discretion, with the other diplomats.

Firstly, it's clear that the other-sigillian Harmonium calls itself the Crimson Dawn. They follow the
prophecies of a being called The Seer, and these prophecies are detailed in a religious text they refer to
as The Book of the Crimson Dawn. The Seer was described to me as "Like a goddess, or at least an angel, garbed
in Crimson Robes, according to the Book. She flew on feathers of red. All testaments and artwork show her as wearing
a cowl, but her face almost always was perfect, fair." Needless to say, this description of the Seer is disconcerting.
It is unclear whether this Seer still exists. It seems as though no one has seen her since the otherside's ancient times.

The Crimson Dawn believes itself to be morally superior to our own Harmonium. The prisoner claims that our
Harmonium made moral compromises that the othersiders did not, and that they are therefore morally pure. So
you'll be going into negotiations with beings who believe themselves righteous, and everyone on our side to be
victims of tyranny and injustice. Trust me that whatever your own views on law and the triad in our verse may be,
the Crimson Dawn are enemy to us all. Their Signer-Harmonium beings claim to have resurrected Aoskar, and the Seer's
prophecies claim that the dead god will bring the Crimson Dawn to the far reaches of existence, beginning a new age.

In short, you are dealing with religious fanatics here. I do not know what you can hope to accomplish with diplomacy
as such, but I wish you and your fellow diplomats the best in your efforts. I urge you to attempt to get a copy of
this Book of the Crimson Dawn, if you are able, and I hope you will share your findings and results with me. I'll be
in the Outlands for much of the coming cycles, and in touch often with Lyra.

Regards,

A10 Crake
Let Sleeping Drago-

Posted by Let Sleeping Drago- »

Alios makes his report known to the team.
The expedition to the Gatehouse was a success. I was accompanied by Caex, Jay, and Surradio.

Their Gatehouse is nothing like ours. There is no courtyard, with only one way in and out. The place is in disuse and disrepair.

We made contact with several Bleakers inside the safety of the Gatehouse, and the intention of our mission was spoken. While initial skepticism made way to abject horror (for our presence there was grounds for immediate Inquisitioning), we ultimately made our case of being able to offer Hope to the Cabal, and to the rest of their City in turn. They retained some of their initial belief that we, the others, are agents of chaos and filth and pose an immediate threat to their City (as per the Crimson Dawn's propaganda).

However, they requested a gesture of good faith on our part, to prove our pure intentions.

While their mission remains that of helping those in need, they have an unfortunate arrangement with the Crimson Dawn. The Dawn will regularly visit to take away patients from the ward for "processing", but their ultimate fate will be at the hands of the Signers and their cult's rituals. Despite this arrangement, the Cabal has no love for the Crimson Dawn, for the deal was cut out of sheer necessity in order to maintain their faction's sanctioned status and thus survival.

Among the most recent group of "acquired" patients is one female halfling named Lyra. One of the Bleakers we spoke to was insistent on her safe return, but likewise wished for us to save the entirety of the group. The patients turned prisoners will be held within the City for a few days yet for processing before being shipped off to bastions unknown, likely somewhere in their Outlands.

We are expected to intercept and free the captives from the hands of the Crimson Dawn and the Signers, and return them to safety. Only then will their Bleak Cabal be entirely willing to help us and establish permanent means of communication and begin forging a resistance from within.

In two days time, we are to return to their Cage to meet up with our Bleaker contact at the dwarf statue (who I learned is supposed to represent a certain Dorganion) in their Hive Ward. They promised sufficient know of the Dark to obtain the final location of the prisoners.

I will be personally handling the upcoming rendez-vous for intel, but the rescue mission will likely fall into the hands of our Gatecrasher team anew.

~Kilitariax
Asigai

Posted by Asigai »

Katani reads the report and considers it a while. No way was she going to sit this one out... when Lyra was in danger. Well, certainly it wasn't her Lyra, but still. Besides, might be as good excuse as any to meet her double. and started drafting a message.
I have a plan for the rescue mission. Because I don't think just a regular rescue mission would work out as well as you'd think. Here's what I gather they know: The patients were taken from Gatehouse, with whom they have a tenuous relations with, if they suddenly get rescued, it's pretty clear who's the suspect behind it. And they might have to pay a heavy price, particularly if we just deliver the rescued people to them right after.

However we have a chance to do more than just rescue them. We can also put in a wedge between the Crimson Dawns unity. And like I said in the beginning. I have a plan, because I just happen to look like someone who hunts terrorists. Now I know what you're thinking, they're not accused of terrorism... except I could do that in disguise and get them transferred to the Hall of Records - whatever the name they have for that, next to which happens to be a path to our Sigil for extraction. In ideal scenario we'd vanish without a trace, and they are left to sort it out in their own infighting.

There is of course a couple of details that'd require sorting out, namely knowing how their Katani is dressed up, and getting badge like theirs. Or snatch the entire Katani so I could have a chat with them to get my act straight. Point being, we'd rather they fall prey to infighting instead of double down on their oppression against the Bleakers.

- Katani La Calliwell
TheoremOfNeutrality

Posted by TheoremOfNeutrality »

Katani,

As Kilitariax's report details, the team will rendezvous with their Bleak Cabal for more intelligence on the mission. Presumably, this intelligence will include where they want the prisoners to be taken and how they can be dealt with anonymously. We should avoid making our strategy too complicated until we know more.

To regard all of our team more broadly, I have heard details of our plans spoken of publicly in the Square. While we should be free to include others and inform them of our intentions, all we inform should likewise be told of the danger of spies and infiltrators sent from the Other Sigil. In order to protect whatever agents we send through the Blinks, we should remain discrete with details when in public and encourage others to do the same.

-Sartorixfaeisthiliar
Red the Rogue

Posted by Red the Rogue »

A letter is sent to Mistress of the Heart Zahra, delivered by Sharon's hand to the Gymnasium.
Zahra,

Considering the large battles that have carried out recently in the Outlands, there's no doubt that problems may arise concerning the bodies of their, and our, comrades. Since the Crimson Dawn likes to take on the belief of moral superiority, we may want to consider making contact with them about this matter and other possible concerns. This will also hopefully open talks with them to handle any other concerns and, potentially, settle this war with less losses. After speaking to Measure Nica concerning the situation, we may need a representative from the Harmonium if anything is to be agreed upon.

Thank you,
Sharon Raynsford.
Sharon Raynsford - Experienced adventurer finding renewed purpose beyond her prime.
Lyanna Wayfarer - Traveler of worlds, cultural explorer, and experienced physician.
Tavia - Bardess, tale-teller, daring-doer.