The Twin Cages - A Diplomatic Solution?

mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

Sharon receives a scribbled note in reply:
Dear Sharon,
Are you suggesting that we arrange for a parley with the enemy? I suspect that such might be arranged. I will speak with the Harmonium and let you know.

~ Zahra

//Also FYI, I'm looking at running the mission to rescue the asylum patients this coming Wednesday (June 10th), 7pm US Central. I'll post here about the intel from the other side (like, where the patients are being held) before then. Gatecrasher and Diplomat team members are both welcome to join. Let me know here or on discord if you can attend!
Red the Rogue

Posted by Red the Rogue »

Sharon laughed softly to herself as she got a response so quickly. She wrote another letter, and went back to deliver it.
Zahra,

In short, yes. Right now seems like a good time to parley with the Crimson Dawn and establish communication. Even if it's denied, an attempt being made can still send a positive message. Perhaps we can discuss it more in detail in person?

Given the situation with our current contacts with the other side's Bleakers and their patients, I will be joining the others in helping rescue them. If we can rescue even one of them, it will help our relations immensely. They may need someone to help with magical matters if one isn't available on their team for this mission.

Thank you,
Sharon Raynsford
Sharon Raynsford - Experienced adventurer finding renewed purpose beyond her prime.
Lyanna Wayfarer - Traveler of worlds, cultural explorer, and experienced physician.
Tavia - Bardess, tale-teller, daring-doer.
Asigai

Posted by Asigai »

((Can't make it, but guess just go with it if you get enough interest otherwise! Even though Katani has vested interest in joining.))
Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

As the appointed cycle came, the planewalkers once more ventured into the portal. True to their word, the Bleakers from this 'other Sigil' did indeed leave a message, hidden at the base of the dwarven statue in their Hive Ward. Its contents were brief:

Lower Ward, Harbinger House. Transfers next cycle.

I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

A report on the last mission is made available to the Diplomat team: See here

Along with a copy of the Book of the Crimson Dawn.
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

((So we can do a Diplomat event to handle the parlay with the enemy as well as an update from the (maybe) new otherside Bleaker friends Wednesday June 24th @ 7pm US Central time. How does that time work for people?))
Asigai

Posted by Asigai »

((Can't make it at that time midweek. It's 3am for me))
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

(I might be able to do that one, but it's a bit up in the air, and it still has the strict end time for me)

Ulanshio in the previous cycle's anarchist attack had moved to assist those in the clerk's ward. And upon seeing several dead sensates, let out a noticeable growl... between several sudden, powerful arcane spells, and a celestial companion of hers, she'd dealt with quite a few of them. Towards the end of the cycle, she was seen in the festhall making sweeps to see if everything was in order and safe as well as checking on the guards, making sure the Anarchist's attacks had not reached the interior of the festhall.
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

A message was left for the Diplomat team at the drop off point. It read. . .
Laughing Cat Alley. The House with the Green Door.
TheoremOfNeutrality

Posted by TheoremOfNeutrality »

Mistress of the Heart,

We met with the contact, who made good on their side of our bargain. They introduced us to Justicar Sasha Andor, who is as far as we can know – the last of their Mercykillers. She has evaded capture and execution for many years, and has alluded to being able to connect us with further dissidents. She is an important contact, with intimate knowledge the city and how to avoid detection by the forces of the Crimson Dawn. She has penned a letter asking our Mercykillers directly for aid and support. I have delivered this letter on her behalf, and will allow any further action be taken between the Factols, and am ready to facilitate communications as I’m called.

Our contact has likewise confirmed that the position of their group is deeply precarious, and so we discussed possible methods of shoring up their position and earning some modicum of trust from the Crimson Dawn. The plan is thus: we begin to feed their group carefully curated pieces of true intelligence about our forces and capacities – things our tacticians can plan for to ensure loses are within our control. These controlled leaks can then be claimed to come from a mole they have placed on our side. This should have two-fold effect: granting us bits of intelligence on their troop sizes, and likewise ensuring our main connection to the other side is strong and secure. Just for confirmation, absolutely no leaks will occur without explicit permission and direct order of the Factol’s Council – these options are merely offered for debate, and our contact likewise is discussing it with their group.

Our contact has likewise changed the location of our dead-drop to maintain anonymity. The Justicar is likewise aware of this location. We are to now leave all messages in their Bazaar, upon the balcony of Chirpers overlooking the sinkhole. Any non-obvious location there will do.

Beyond this, we collected a few interest pieces of knowledge that should be shared with the rest of the teams. First, we got confirmation from the Justicar that they have prophetic books on their side much as we do theirs, that seem to contain Harmonium reports. Their Fated Inquisition appears to own all the copies of these books. Whether they realize these books are tied to our side is unclear. Prophetic books brought to their side switch allegiance, and give Harmonium reports.

A final note, it may behoove us to begin getting the involvement of Planar forces in the defense of the Outlands. My own Sect, the Guardians, and the Order of the Planes-Militant would both be potent allies against the threat of the Crimson Dawn, and if made fully aware of their crimes, a Crusade from both groups against them seems likely.

Awaiting further instructions.
-Sartorixfaeisthiliar, Guardians