The Twin Cages - A Diplomatic Solution?

mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

After the meeting in the Hall of Speakers notices went up around town bearing the symbol of the Transcendent Order:
Cutters with a knack for words, and a desire to investigate diplomatic solutions to the current conflict can volunteer at the Gymnasium. Speak with Mistress of the Heart Zahra.
//This is a thread for those who are planning on investigating the possibility of diplomacy with the "chaotic" factions in Alternate Sigil. There will be other threads for the other event-chains in the campaign. Each character should only join one event-chain (so if you post that your character is doing something here, they can't also simultaneously be joining another team/mission). Thanks! :)
Let Sleeping Drago-

Posted by Let Sleeping Drago- »

Alios, young paladin of Bahamut, would be among the first to sign up for the diplomatic task force as it were. "There is yet much to learn about the Other Sigil, and there remain too many unknowns to jump straight to the conclusion that further conflict is inevitable."
Asigai

Posted by Asigai »

Katani, of course, having rallied for the cause was quick to walk the walk, and not simply talk for it. She'd nod in general agreement to Alios "Agreed, it's too early to decide for all of their fates. If we can figure out how their world changed to how it is today, we might be able to approach them with mutual interests."
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

The 'Pink Factotum' of the Society of Sensation, Ulanshio, could soon after this announcement be seen both greeting Katani, and offering her 'services' to Zahra. To her, working with pictures was by far her best talent, but working with words had become a fairly close second, and the idea of brokering peace so she could try to experience this new place without worry of chivs was incredibly exciting. She had already gone over the existing stones several times, and wanted to add a few of her own.
Jelkia

Posted by Jelkia »

Following along with Alios, the Rakshasa would make her way to the assigned location for those seeking a diplomatic solution to the current crisis. Standing beside him at the meeting place, Kaltia gives a polite nod and wave to those others who have likewise joined the assembly. And though she spoke softly as they waited for the representative to join them, the others nearby could easily have overheard her words.

"I have a concern, my dear Kili, that use of the even handed blade of Diplomacy, in this instance, is going to require the sort of application that you and yours may not care for. Are you entirely certain that you wish to take part in this endeavor? We may not have the options available at hand to act with kind and righteous intent if we are dealing with zealots. Without a metaphorical blade at their throats, they may be rather disinclined to listen to..hmm.. reason.

I already expect, given what we know so far, that we will need to locate and then subsequently turn some ends against some other central power before we may even have a platform upon which diplomacy can be approached as an option. After all, they did not come to us with the intentions of being diplomatic before this started. So it would be reasonable to assume that we will be working with nothing on our end to begin with, and then having to actively construct the necessary lines of communication for possible diplomacy. And..as the strong do not acknowledge the pleas of the weak for diplomacy in most situations... I foresee a need to create the proper environment in which we may demand it instead. Doing so without use of military might, with a group corollary to the Harmonium, will almost surely require employing other forms of perceived strength to put them into a position to consider hearing us out.

And, while I have done this sort of work often enough in the past my dear, I doubt very much that you will find some of the necessary means entirely pleasant. Diplomacy tends to only reach peaceful ends when it is conducted on a platform of violence or implied capacity to violence. Often enough that platform is resting firmly upon many piles of corpses from both sides of a conflict, primarily so that those considering diplomatic ends can keep the cost of other options in clear view.

I commend you for trying to seek peace, and if that can be done pleasantly via some means, then I am more than willing to reach out for such options. But I am also taking part in this to secure my home and those I care for, and for those things I am willing to be far less pleasant if necessary.
"
"What is justice? Two forces collide. Each may have the right in his own sphere. And here's where a queen commands orderly solutions. Those collisions she cannot prevent — she solves. How? In the simplest way: she decides."
Let Sleeping Drago-

Posted by Let Sleeping Drago- »

"Wide-eyed optimistic as I am," he answers the rakshasa, "I do not deny the possibility that our efforts will not bear fruit. If they will not speak to reason, then Justice will still be done by force, if that is what it will take to prevent further harm from coming to those we care about." he nods in agreement. "You do not know me as a pacifist. At least, I hope you don't..." he murmurs more to himself, before continuing the dialog. "But I am certainly not wont to meting out the sharper end of Justice's blade while keeping the hand of Mercy hidden behind my back."

"We have plenty of work to do before we can even think of approaching this Other Sigil with an envoy. We must have leverage, and if not by merit of having a blade to their neck, then we must find another fulcrum. Already we know of several key differences, and we have potential allies in this Other Sigil from which we may garner further information. Only afterwards may we then formulate a proper diplomatic response..." A pause follows, along with a grave nod. "And I am committed to this end, even if words may not be at the forefront of the message we must deliver."
Red the Rogue

Posted by Red the Rogue »

Sharon and Leyana had been out of town for the past several cycles. Although away, the sorceress made sure to keep tabs on things in the Cage. There was no doubt that she'd hear about the current situation, even while out in Halruaa at the time. With an irritated sigh, the Indep spent time writing out her response onto a letter. Blue eyes settled upon the black cat next to her as she tucked the letter into a little satchel rigged to his back.

"Head to the Gymnasium. Find and deliver the letter to the Mistress of the Heart named Zahra. I'm counting on you, Binkles."

Seeming to understand the gravity of the situation, the cat hopped down from the desk and pounced into the nearby mirror, somehow landing on the other side. With a turn, he disappeared from view. A long sigh escaped her lips as she looked to the resting fey, then smiled.

It wasn't long until Binkles arrived at the Gymnasium. The cat seemed to always know where to go whilst avoiding all danger, and the wax-sealed letter bearing the Raynsford house symbol was left at the desk. The flowing script was short, but to the point.

Mistress of the Heart Zahra,

I write to you to express interest in aiding diplomatic endeavors in these times. I will be along to join discussions on the matter shortly.

Sharon Raynsford
Sharon Raynsford - Experienced adventurer finding renewed purpose beyond her prime.
Lyanna Wayfarer - Traveler of worlds, cultural explorer, and experienced physician.
Tavia - Bardess, tale-teller, daring-doer.
TheoremOfNeutrality

Posted by TheoremOfNeutrality »

One more person to quickly respond to the call for diplomats is another draconian paladin of Bahamut, Sartorix Ashval appearing in person to offer his interest to the Mistress of the Heart.
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

//Lets have a meeting of Team Diplomat! I can run tomorrow (May 31st) at 2pm if at least 4 of you can make it then.
Jelkia

Posted by Jelkia »

(( Works for me. Will be there. ))
"What is justice? Two forces collide. Each may have the right in his own sphere. And here's where a queen commands orderly solutions. Those collisions she cannot prevent — she solves. How? In the simplest way: she decides."