The Twin Cages - Medics and Aid Workers

Quiz

Posted by Quiz »

A witchly shadow is cast upon the door of the Gatehouse, enters a copper faced druid followed by a thick smell of sage. The reception desk is approached and an enquiry is made.

''Salutations, upon my timely return to the cage I have come to offer myself to the cause'' Godsmen namer, Sol Oh'Gong.
Axebird

Posted by Axebird »

Keleva is working with Lyra to create batches of sequencer potions, which she intends to charge with restoration and escape magic (such as etherealness) and hand out for free to walkers in need at the warcamp. She currently has funds lined up to make about 100 lesser sequencers, and intends to charge and label them herself.
Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

Saiceles wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:38 am Being present for her shift, Saiyuu accompanied the situation somewhat closely. Being among those who helped mend to the wounds and remove the poisoning, the Succubus had been lately been proving to be quite handy with not only magical means of healing, but also regular medicine. Unusual for a Demon, but the patients didn't seem to complain. Having noticed the agitation from the odd Githyanki, Saiyuu headed over to the bedside to attend to him. She had brought a glass of fresh water and tried to calm the man some. Hard to tell if it was a trait of her faith to Dionysus or her natural charm as a Succubus, but there was something about her aura that sought to soothe and calm the man and make him a little less agitated. That said, she did try to guide him over to speak to the one in charge of the infirmary, offering a wheelchair in case the man still happened to be weak.

Not that she'd ever tell anyone outloud but she always found strange to offer water to patients instead of wine. Wine would be so much better. But she didn't question how mortal medicine worked, and wasn't about to go giving people reasons to be needlessly wary of her.

The Githyanki seems to be somewhere between a state of alertness and fevered delirium, no doubt an after-effect of the poison.

"Danger..." he croaks. "Everyone ....in....danger! Brought them in... we didn't know...."

With that, the Gith once again feinted.
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

An'aroluth, only being just a small ways down the street, would attend this infirmary as well as the one that was set up in the Taigh. Being an expert of many healings, mundane and magical alike. If seeing the Gith and Saiyuu she would (begrudgingly) work together to immediately identify symptoms of the poison, and if successful, immediately attempt an antidote, using divine magic if able for immediate results, but only after the poison was identified so as to not possibly make a bad situation worse.
Quiz

Posted by Quiz »

Rosy posy cheeked and boot squelching under foot Sol bumbled and tottered to each infirmary in-turn. She could she the gracious efforts of the medics and aid workers involved, surveying with cloudy viridescent eyes for any improvement that could be made upon efficiency and delivery of said aid. It was mostly looking ship shape and fan dabby dozy but she could see through tittle-tattle and titbits that the influx of refugees and war wounded were rising each cycle. Outside of washing the odd wound and pinning a bandage or two Sol took to ensuring the acquisition and or construction of medical grade beds and rolled up her sleeves to bang a few together herself.

Cycles trickled on as they do to another and another. Wishy washy in the kitchens Sol could be found herbalising water into soothing medicinal tea and at the crock pot oh so deep to whip up soup for those in need.

''I swear I saw a spiders leg in there'' said one concerned patient.

''Oh no I assure you there is nothing but taters and beets'' said Sol with a comforting grin.

Turns out it was just their vivid hallucinations.

Aside from this during travel from foundry to infirmary she'd check the streets for any struggling and stragglers trying to find their way.
Taurus Daggerknight

silinrul357 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:06 pm An'aroluth, only being just a small ways down the street, would attend this infirmary as well as the one that was set up in the Taigh. Being an expert of many healings, mundane and magical alike. If seeing the Gith and Saiyuu she would (begrudgingly) work together to immediately identify symptoms of the poison, and if successful, immediately attempt an antidote, using divine magic if able for immediate results, but only after the poison was identified so as to not possibly make a bad situation worse.
The little bit of lingering poison proves to be no match for An'aroluth's divinely heavens granted power. The Gith would spend the next few hours in a deep sleep, though he appears stable once more, and his fever drops.

Some time later, he awakens again, and reaches out to grab Saiyuu's wrist. His grip is still weak, but with a force of intent.

"Please..." he croaks. "I must speak....with someone.....before they find me again! We are not safe, no one is safe!"
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

Taurus Daggerknight wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:44 pm
silinrul357 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:06 pm An'aroluth, only being just a small ways down the street, would attend this infirmary as well as the one that was set up in the Taigh. Being an expert of many healings, mundane and magical alike. If seeing the Gith and Saiyuu she would (begrudgingly) work together to immediately identify symptoms of the poison, and if successful, immediately attempt an antidote, using divine magic if able for immediate results, but only after the poison was identified so as to not possibly make a bad situation worse.
The little bit of lingering poison proves to be no match for An'aroluth's divinely heavens granted power. The Gith would spend the next few hours in a deep sleep, though he appears stable once more, and his fever drops.

Some time later, he awakens again, and reaches out to grab Saiyuu's wrist. His grip is still weak, but with a force of intent.

"Please..." he croaks. "I must speak....with someone.....before they find me again! We are not safe, no one is safe!"
In response, An'aroluth would request one of the bleakers to send for Factor Erza directly, and stressed that it DID matter that they made haste this time.

Meanwhile in a much more soft tone, she would calmly urge the Gith to speak, "They are on the way. Please, tell me what is wrong? If this is an urgent matter, the sooner we know it, the better."
Saiceles

Posted by Saiceles »

Saiyuu would make sure the poor man was left in company. Even when she went off to check her friends in the warcamp, she made sure that her two acolytes stayed around to keep an eye on the Gith. She seemed to consider the words seriously and well, should someone try to attack the man, at least the two young Clerics should be able to help at least until she returned. Between that and the multiple healers present, she hoped it would suffice. Nonetheless she did send a few notes to those responsible for the infirmaries informing of the particular case, as well as to notable officers of the Bleak Cabal.

Though for the time being her absences were very short, usually only for what she tended to call "meals" or "breaks" and even then she'd return soon enough. Odd as it might be to consider that a Demon, and a Succubus of all things, would be aiding in an infirmary, she seemed to do pretty well at that. Maybe the natural Succubi charm made it easier on the bedside manners for some cases, or maybe it was the fact she actually seemed to do her job competently when it came to healing. But she expected that after the battle in a few days, there would be a certain influx.

For now, best to get this latest patient out of the way, make sure someone could hear to his story.
Taurus Daggerknight

The attendants rather helplessly insist that Factor Ezra is not at the Weary Spirit at all, but in the Gatehouse, attending to other matters. The Gith, for his part, does not seem to wait for 'whoever is in charge', and starts pouring out his thoughts. Whether this is on purpose, or if he's still delirious, is anyone's guess.

"The cells! We gathered to him, saw he was right about the time, so we came ready! But he's not who he say's! He....I saw them with him! Saw both of them! The crow and the nemesis! the dark ones! He's sold us all for their war!"

The gith starts to hyperventilate, his anxiety clearly rising.
Saiceles

Posted by Saiceles »

Noticing the situation seemed to grow more urgent, Saiyuu figured waiting might not be the best choice. Then again she was biased, she hated waiting, and she was equally as prone to doing things outside of the book. Seeing the Gith panic, she decided to try a thing. The first part was to bring him a glass of water, sitting on the bed with him. The second was to let a bit of her Succubus charm pour out. Just enough to make the man pay attention to her a little more, make him calmer, distracted. Less prone to hyperventilating. She had found that quite a few of her racial gifts could come in handy in this line of work, and this seemed to be one of the cases. Once she tried that, she went on to ask.

"Alright, calm down, tell us each thing at a time. What do you mean by them? Do you mean ah, the one they recovered recently? Inquisitor Aidan? His bodyguard? The real Rhistel Aiden? Or is it someone else? Are you from ah, this Sigil, or the other one?"

Odd questions, probably not in the right order either, but she's a Demon. Who will blame her for doing things in a disorganized manner?