The Twin Cages - Medics and Aid Workers

silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

Viann wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:22 pm
((*EDIT#2*

I did not realize it was 4th of july, so let me know about availability and I can definitely re-schedual for something more fitting. It's not a thing here, but it is in the US, so I understand if it proves to be complicated.))
(This is unfortunately going to be an issue for me, yes. The safest times for me are usually weekdays past 630PM/1830 EST, or weekends by -advanced- notice; meaning I'll need a few days prior notice or I might not be around at all!

As for medical challenges that's fine, but my RL healing ranks are 0 as opposed to my character's professional-level, so I'm going to be a little slow to know what to do. I know how a band-aid goes on and that's about it! So I'll be a little slow on actual medical knowledge)
Viann

Posted by Viann »

After the day with surprisingly many visitors, surprising to Nica whom generally speaking was a social recluse in her own mind. Sharon and Lyra to check up on her. Lyra to also provide her opinion on the probably treatment. Notary Ygthil to bring a bottle of liquor, and an apology for having thrown her. Nica disregarded the notion, as he had merely followed her own orders amicably, and assured she'd pass on a recommendation for promotion even. Which was true, she had been consistently satisfied of notary Ygthils performance. It appeared like the notary was in a hurry, and Nica feared she might've offended his gesture by making a notion that she's not really into alcohols. But didn't have the time to expand before he left. Regardless the gesture had been touching, even to her generally assumed stone heart. She'd have to probably get back to him later on about the reason why alcohol wasn't her thing.

Besides this, the Bleaker, Fritz had helped to some bloodletting via leeches. Not exactly the most pleasant thing, but it helped with the bloating and swelling of her foot, and returned feel to her toes. Nica didn't really see eye to eye with Fritz, their nihilistic views clashed with her own pursuit of a greater goal. But neither were aggressive enough to try to convince one another, so it worked for what it did.

Finally she got some time to study the letter sent by the slaad. Nica really didn't like slaads, they almost always stood against her core beliefs of order, structure and hierarchy. Inter-mingling with one would not stand. Their blood was the anti-thesis of Harmony. However their notes in regards to the anarchist movements were not without a merit. She had some years ago been a target of one of their assassinations already. Writing a response to it she asked it to be delivered onward by the infirmary staff, back to Blues Green at the great foundry.
Greetings Blues Green - Aid Worker,

I have received and read your letter. I would like to address some of the points. I believe it is too early to consider that medical team would have in any manner failed me. Even if it were the case that magic had been sufficient for my condition, we are still talking about an enormous amount of wounded, most of whom are in more critical state than I am. I do not believe we have an amount of spellcasters able to sustain what has been coming through.

And this should come as no surprise to anyone. We are at war, even in victory we will face casualties and wounded. And our capacities will be tested. As such, I hold no animosity for the care I have received. The medical staff has been, to my experience, handling the matters adequately.

Anarchists are certainly a concern still. I have not studied their case well enough to have a coherent opinion of the risks it poses. My gut feeling says that it would be ill-advised for them to strike the same position twice. For that to happen, they'd really have to want someone dead. However until the matter is solved, they can hypothetically pose a danger within the entirety of Sigil. The damage they have however currently managed to do, has been fairly limited.

There would appear to be rumors that I would have somehow developed a capacity to become immune to magic in its entirety. This is not the truth however. I will not go into details of quantifying my defenses, but to give an understandable comparison. Consider that spells are a bucket of water. They may be different color bucket or water, coming from different places. They may have a little more water, some little less. But each of them are indeed a bucket of water. Now throw that water at a duck, and see how much of it sticks. This is not unlike how magic works on me. Some of it will stick, but it is not reliable. I will skip the details, but that is what you need to know.

As for your suggestion of... biological solution. At this stage, I am obligated to decline. *Few words are scratched off thoroughly. Clearly she had to consider hard for diplomatic response* Your suggestion may hold merit, but it is not something I can agree to. This is not to say it may not prove useful to other patients.

If you choose to be present to aid to keep watch. It may prove useful, and while I cannot welcome you in the stead of the medical staff, I may do so in accordance of myself.

- Nica Brianna Kelter,
Measure One of the Harmonium
Viann

Posted by Viann »

silinrul357 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:03 pm
Viann wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:22 pm
((*EDIT#2*

I did not realize it was 4th of july, so let me know about availability and I can definitely re-schedual for something more fitting. It's not a thing here, but it is in the US, so I understand if it proves to be complicated.))
(This is unfortunately going to be an issue for me, yes. The safest times for me are usually weekdays past 630PM/1830 EST, or weekends by -advanced- notice; meaning I'll need a few days prior notice or I might not be around at all!

As for medical challenges that's fine, but my RL healing ranks are 0 as opposed to my character's professional-level, so I'm going to be a little slow to know what to do. I know how a band-aid goes on and that's about it! So I'll be a little slow on actual medical knowledge)
((I can do 7:00 PM EST on friday. Going to be late for me, but that's fine since I don't have any work on saturday anyway. If that works for others?

As for medical stuff, don't worry. I try to make it as digestable as I can in game, same as I did with the picture for demonstration here. Can't claim I'm an expert either. And you can always roll heal roll or something and I can give some sort of advise to the best of my knowledge.))
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

(Sorry, I should have specified this entire weekend is bust for me except Sunday, so this friday will not work either. Unless you meant next friday? That works well actually time-wise).
Viann

Posted by Viann »

((Guess I'll postpone it to next friday (10th of july) then. 7pm EST. Ideally nothing after that, the further it's pushed off, the further it gets off the mood of the situation. And only so much I can do to milk the situation. x) ))
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

((I think that'll work. As an alternate if weekdays work at all, I still have any day past 18:00 EST, otherwise can stick with the friday time))
Viann

Posted by Viann »

((Week days won't work this week, still at work. And that's very late for me))

With the surgery postponed once more because of more critically injured patients taking priority, and it being scheduled another week away. Nica starts to become marginally more active. Clearly tired to just sit around doing nothing. Taking her crutch and states that she's going to go fetch her things from the warcamp.

Since that's where most of her private belongings were still in. Of course it'd be a long and tedious journey in her condition.

((Meaning, I'll be around playing Nica later today, as apparently more people wanted to meet her for some reason or another!))
Viann

Posted by Viann »

With the surgery finally set and ready. The operation could start after initial arguments whether or not the slaad, Blues Green, could be present or not. After some deliberations, Measure Nica considered that they could be present as they had magic and talents to provide for the cause, but exact surgery would be handled by An'aroluth. Klo remained to stay watching the slaad so they would not in their chaotic nature intervene. An'aroluth was also aided by a nurse whom appeared to be new to the Weary Spirit infirmary. Leaving the main tasks and decisions for An'aroluth to make. And seeming to keep close watch at the slaad and erinyes constantly.

Nica decided to be unconscious through medication, during the operation. After the medication was administrated, she was restrained to ensure there would be no excess motions from her. Initial cuts provided better view of the complications. Heel bone was a simple matter to screw the severe fracture shut. The ankle bone was a far more complicated issue with its more difficult shape that made it difficult to angle the tools correctly. And the nerves on one side making it very risky to tamper with. Leaving the nurse and An'aroluth with two choices: risky, but solid work that could lead to life of pain, or the less risky, but longer operation that may leave future complications.

Nurse was quick to suggest the risky path, and it'd appear the others agreed, suggesting the patient, Nica, had prior expressed his choice to be so as well. As the nurse was asked to fetch tools required for the operation, they went ahead and brought them, as well as requested secondary administration of medication to Nica to keep her unconscious. And a non-surgical knife, which she soon after stabbed into Measure Nica's chest, puncturing her lung. Operation briefly interrupted by the "nurses" action as An'aroluth prevented them from further harm until Blues Green and Klo could wrestle them out of the operation.

The most immediate and singular, luckily clean stab against Nicas lung was quickly sewed shut, but Nica was losing a lot of blood and grew paler still. Operation on her foot was still under way. And while the slaad almost cast spells to heal Nicas wounds, An'aroluth stopped him - just in time, for those spells would've also shut the surgery wound, and possibly made it worse. Regardless it was time for risky part... drilling and screwing by the nerves. It was no small feat, but by An'aroluths skill and Blues Greens magical assistance to the talents, it appears to be complication free. Finishing touches to close the wounds were made.

And then came the task of dealing with the "nurse". Before being bound and gagged they had been heard to yell "The bitch will pay for what she did to my son!" Klo took her to the Harmonium bound and gagged later, giving her testimony of the events that took place. Before returning to keep a close eye out around Measure Nica for any further attempts at her life.

Eitherway, the operation was successful! Despite complications.
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

The first evening afterward, An'aroluth could probably be seen in the infirmary with two things she normally didn't have: a wine cup in one hand, and a sword by her side. She was keeping a careful eye on Nica. When Nica was conscious enough, An'aroluth would first apologize, second, explain what happened, and third, apologize again. An'aroluth then again explained the necessity of rest, but would suggest and offer a change of location, now placing some very clear mistrust in their current surroundings.

Regardless of the answer, An'aroluth would soon after be seen gathering her things, and her 'operation' at the Taigh would significantly increase while keeping her activity to the Weary Spirit to a minimum (although she did not disappear outright, and in fact still was available to run over in severe cases). Notably, there were also armed people seen around the Taigh, not to mention the reputation of the owners...
Viann

Posted by Viann »

Nica naturally hadn't woken up feeling incredibly awesome. Having just lost a lot of blood, got stabbed in the chest during surgery. Even so she refused to lie down, as there was a meeting with Faction at hand. Donning her uniform, exception of what couldn't be concealed, namely her foot. Against all medical professionals advices she was off to duty already, with crutch on hand. And it had been much more eventful day than she had initially intended... much later that day she returned to the infirmary for rest. To be overwatched by Klo constantly.

Measure Nica also refused to move to Taigh. Suggesting frictions with the owner in the past. Since the day Factol Sarin died, and the Faction meeting, she had remained put, recovering. But it'd take a long time until she'd be in 100% condition again. She did do light exercising, nothing exceptional other than to keep muscle atrophy at bay.

There'd still be a hell to pay for those responsible for killing her liege. Her idol. Her Factol. And she needed to be ready for it, no matter what condition her body was in, her duty never needed her more.