The Twin Cages - Medics and Aid Workers

silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

Being present for her shift, Saiyuu accompanied the situation somewhat closely. Being among those who helped mend to the wounds and remove the poisoning, the Succubus had been lately been proving to be quite handy with not only magical means of healing, but also regular medicine. Unusual for a Demon, but the patients didn't seem to complain. Having noticed the agitation from the odd Githyanki, Saiyuu headed over to the bedside to attend to him. She had brought a glass of fresh water and tried to calm the man some. Hard to tell if it was a trait of her faith to Dionysus or her natural charm as a Succubus, but there was something about her aura that sought to soothe and calm the man and make him a little less agitated. That said, she did try to guide him over to speak to the one in charge of the infirmary, offering a wheelchair in case the man still happened to be weak.

Not that she'd ever tell anyone outloud but she always found strange to offer water to patients instead of wine. Wine would be so much better. But she didn't question how mortal medicine worked, and wasn't about to go giving people reasons to be needlessly wary of her.
An'aroluth seemed to let the Saiyuu do the talking (with some great suspicion in her eyes), and meanwhile took to writing down everything the Gith was saying. She was careful to watch the current mood and reactions of the person, making a separate set of notes in the margins about that. Finally, if there -was- time to do so, she would recall her observations about the poisons and again, try again to analyze what it was, and more importantly, where it might have come from.
Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

The githyanki knocks the water cup aside in agitation. "Weren't you listening?! The crow and the Nemesis! But not this worlds! He- they- they were different! The crows face was marked, and the nemesis was thinner, that's how I knew! It's them but not them! And the - oh damn it all, he sold us to them! He let us think it was for the cause, but he's made us sell ourselves to them!"

As the Gith continued to blabber, An'aroluth's review of the gith's file would reveal that the poison was one often employed by thugs in the Hive. However, it is generally employed against humans, which might explain why the Gith was able to survive the attack as he did.

While An'aroluth reviews the pages, the Gith continues.

"I'm from here! I'm real! But they aren't! The Nemesis isn't the real one! Nor is the crake! They're both like 'em but not entirely! Saw the boss man with 'em both! I ran, but they shiv'd me, the others did! They don't know though, they have no idea!"
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

An'aroluth kept writing this down, and kept taking the notes from them. Not fully understanding the implications of it all, or even necessarily knowing whom they're talking about, she did understand the potential of this.

"I see... thank you. Are you sure there is nothing else? Is there -anything- else you'd like to add?"

Regardless of what else was added, she would first see to his injuries, and make sure he was stable. Afterwards, she would take the information, and write a letter of sorts.
"To whom it may concern:

While working in the infirmary, we have come across and interesting patient. To paraphrase, he spoke of the crow and the nemesis, not of this world. The 'crow' has a marked face, and this 'nemesis' is apparently thinner. This patient seems to believe this 'nemesis' is not the real one, nor 'the crake.' He said that he was stabbed and poisoned by this crew, a poison that is typically used by thugs in the hive at that. This 'crew' of the patients is apparently working for these imposters.

I cannot say whom it is for certain that is referred to, but please pass this along to subordinates ASAP."
This was delivered to Mover Tonat Shar, Factotum Da'nanin, Mistress of the Heart Zahra, Factor Ezra, and Bureau Chief Jamis personally by An'aroluth in the same cycle.

In the same cycle still, she wrote a couple more letters, enclosing the above, but with this addition:

"I do not necessarily trust those in power to get things done. Those in charge of the tasks in response to these incursions have each received the same information, but I wish to make sure it gets to more than just they."

The particular notes of the second were passed to several particular planeswalkers.

She would also put in a request for guards, and spend her time far more often by the patient's side.
Saiceles

Posted by Saiceles »

Seeing as An'aroluth sent the message out, Saiyuu simply focued her efforts on letting the man know that they understood what he was saying and that they would see what could be done about it. In the meantime she'd ask two of her acolytes to take shifts watching the man, and making sure he was safe. If anything happened and she wasn't around, she was to be warned so that she could come and check. Unfortunately there were many other patients to tend to as well, and seeing the man was well-attended to, she'd go on to help with the recent arrivals from the recent battle for the bridge. Less wounded than the expected but, that was good. The Succubus tried to reassure the patients she attended to that they would be fine, that things would be okay, and help on with their recovery if she could.
Mausman

Posted by Mausman »

Kelth McEwan has opened the Inn-side of the Taigh for refugees. Part of it already was converted into an infirmary. The towering warrior is rather clear on the house rules. Eat and drink only what you need, so that there is something for your fellow Hiver in need. Break something or steal something, get a fist in your face. Try it again, find your arse kicked out onto the streets. Try to -enter- after that, you might not live to tell the tale on law of breaking and entering and the right to self-defense.

Kelth makes it a point to inform those who want to stay that they will do menial tasks to keep the place as tidy as possible and work to keep the Taigh self-sufficient from within and/or gather the resources to keep going.

As a note slipped under the door of his Loft informs him about a rambling Gith, the man seeks them out in person. Upon arrival, Kelth gives the Gith a good look and folds his arms

"Wee bird told me yer banterin' about Th' Crow and Nemesis. Those are names I don't find entertainin'. Yer goin' tae tell me e'erythin' ye know, rite now. And if ye do. I'll help ye out in r'turn."
Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

(( Announcement! Looking at Friday (12th June) at 2:00 PM US Central time to hold for the Medics and Aid workers in game. Ping if this works for you all, and if the majority cannot make it, we'll reschedule to a more fitting time and date)) (
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

(I can't make that one, it's right in the workday I'm afraid).
Axebird

Posted by Axebird »

(( That works for me. ))
Saiceles

Posted by Saiceles »

((Should be fine for me.))
MarblePilgrim

Posted by MarblePilgrim »

((No can do. Normally, that would be a fine time on a fine day, but I'm going on vacation this week from today through most of Saturday.))
Primary RP characters: Dave Turnbull, Twelve Fingers
Secondary RP characters: M9-TX, Reginald Q. Foxworthy, Breeze Johnson, Zogrukh, Giddy Visitor