The Twin Cages - Medics and Aid Workers

Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

((Having postponed the first time, let's try this again. I should have all week open to run for the med/ support team, so let's hear it. What's a good date/ time for everyone?))
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

((Anytime past 5PM EST (4PM Central) will work for me during the week. Weekends are good only with at least a few days notice, otherwise likelihood I'll be around significantly decreases, but they otherwise remain completely open))
Tingly

Posted by Tingly »

The Godsman and self-proclaimed 'worlds-famous' artist 'Blues Green', a green slaad, made a frequently alarming sight at the Gatehouse or the Warcamp. Having no particular healing ability, they proclaimed themselves an 'aid worker' who specializes in lifting the spirits of the displaced and wounded, a perfect pretense for spreading their various artistic creations to a captive audience.

When prompted to contribute more meaningfully, Blues Green would sigh, and near effortlessly enchant some healing trinket for others to use, or offer to use its various crafting skills in some way or another.

((Probably good at any time, myself.))
Axebird

Posted by Axebird »

(( Most times work for me, my schedule is very open. The 2 PM Central times have worked well. ))
MarblePilgrim

Posted by MarblePilgrim »

((My schedule fluctuates wildly from week to week, and I don't get much notice. Mondays are generally bad, and Sundays are generally good.))
Primary RP characters: Dave Turnbull, Twelve Fingers
Secondary RP characters: M9-TX, Reginald Q. Foxworthy, Breeze Johnson, Zogrukh, Giddy Visitor
Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

silinrul357 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:51 pm An'aroluth kept writing this down, and kept taking the notes from them. Not fully understanding the implications of it all, or even necessarily knowing whom they're talking about, she did understand the potential of this.

"I see... thank you. Are you sure there is nothing else? Is there -anything- else you'd like to add?"

Regardless of what else was added, she would first see to his injuries, and make sure he was stable. Afterwards, she would take the information, and write a letter of sorts.
"To whom it may concern:

While working in the infirmary, we have come across and interesting patient. To paraphrase, he spoke of the crow and the nemesis, not of this world. The 'crow' has a marked face, and this 'nemesis' is apparently thinner. This patient seems to believe this 'nemesis' is not the real one, nor 'the crake.' He said that he was stabbed and poisoned by this crew, a poison that is typically used by thugs in the hive at that. This 'crew' of the patients is apparently working for these imposters.

I cannot say whom it is for certain that is referred to, but please pass this along to subordinates ASAP."
This was delivered to Mover Tonat Shar, Factotum Da'nanin, Mistress of the Heart Zahra, Factor Ezra, and Bureau Chief Jamis personally by An'aroluth in the same cycle.

In the same cycle still, she wrote a couple more letters, enclosing the above, but with this addition:

"I do not necessarily trust those in power to get things done. Those in charge of the tasks in response to these incursions have each received the same information, but I wish to make sure it gets to more than just they."

The particular notes of the second were passed to several particular planeswalkers.

She would also put in a request for guards, and spend her time far more often by the patient's side.
A letter eventually makes its way back to the Weary Spirit infirmary, specifically to the hand of An'aroluth. The letter is brief, but bears the seal of the Mercykillers, a fact that gives a heavier, darker tone to each penned word.
An'aroluth,
The patient you identified in your message to the various offices overseeing the troubles carries vital information. Keep him in your care until Justicar Vicar Von Kaldruin arrives. You will submit the identified patient to the Justicar and comply with any additional instructions.

Justice Prevail,

Factor Bobalxikon

Mausman wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:05 pm Kelth McEwan has opened the Inn-side of the Taigh for refugees. Part of it already was converted into an infirmary. The towering warrior is rather clear on the house rules. Eat and drink only what you need, so that there is something for your fellow Hiver in need. Break something or steal something, get a fist in your face. Try it again, find your arse kicked out onto the streets. Try to -enter- after that, you might not live to tell the tale on law of breaking and entering and the right to self-defense.

Kelth makes it a point to inform those who want to stay that they will do menial tasks to keep the place as tidy as possible and work to keep the Taigh self-sufficient from within and/or gather the resources to keep going.

As a note slipped under the door of his Loft informs him about a rambling Gith, the man seeks them out in person. Upon arrival, Kelth gives the Gith a good look and folds his arms

"Wee bird told me yer banterin' about Th' Crow and Nemesis. Those are names I don't find entertainin'. Yer goin' tae tell me e'erythin' ye know, rite now. And if ye do. I'll help ye out in r'turn."
The Gith remained weak in the following days and his nerves were clearly on edge. The presence of Kelth only served to worsen his state.

"Yo- you!" he croaks. "You can't help anyone, traitor! You left everyone, don't you understand?! How can you help me?! It's too late anyhow, they're coming, I know they are!"

(( Heads up; Saturday (20th June) at 2:00 PM US Central Time , there will be a major event for the Medical team, AS WELL AS OTHER SIGIL POSTED GROUPS.))
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

An'aroluth looked at the letter she'd received from the mercykillers with a grin... and then another grin after a double take, "I will comply. I wonder if they remember that one time I was arrested? Or that other time. Or the time after that... I have a documented history of non-compliance."

And on that note, she actually walked over to the gith AND interrupted Kelth, "The Mercykillers are on their way. They seem to think you'll be able to help in the overall situation. Now, far be it from me to disagree with the fact they're a rather tough organization, I know from experience that their bars can keep a body well-contained from internal, or, external threats. But, I'm a medical worker first. They will be coming very soon, and they wish to take you into their care and possibly protection. If you would go with them, simply stay here and wait. If you would not? Well, I'm not going to stop you. I will "officially" advise against disobeying law, but if you choose to leave against medical advice, oh well." There is a very sly grin.

Next she turned her attention to Kelth, "You know, I had a feeling that you were involved somehow, whether you or your 'twin.' But that's why I did what I did. Speaking of," her attention turned back to the Gith, "It may be a good idea to tell him, or myself. The clock is ticking, and I would indeed help you. But, 'they' probably are coming. I would see you protected, but it would help to know against what."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Edit again to not add another post)

The charred marks, now-burned tools and some patients, not to mention her own uniform, and then the Gith's apprehension under attack. The mercykillers did indeed take him into their 'care,' but she hardly trusted them. The fires started, and An'aroluth caught more than a few knicks to the arms and ribs from a chiv as she was working to contain the fires. Quite clearly a non-combatant at this point, but the anarchists that had charged in didn't seem to care. They went to chiv anyone, and she worried most of all about the helpless patients that were caught in the fire. Overall, this had been one big disaster of a day.

It wasn't without some upsides at least. While everyone else was charging out with chivs in hand, the mercykillers actually did follow up with their word. While the 'medical' workers (in her eyes, if you could call them that) charged into battle, she stayed, and moved patients in immediate danger while working quickly to put out the fire with the help of the couple mercykillers that stayed be behind. She had managed to get the fire under control and save the building, but more importantly, the people still inside of it.

Exhausted, injured, and now with a unhealthy dose of smoke inhalation, she still kept working even after calming things down. After immediately tending to those whom might've been burned by the fire, she assessed the facilities. Noting very well that they probably couldn't handle everything with a good portion of the infirmary burned, An'aroluth started moving those particularly able to be moved to the Taigh's infirmary. The rest, especially those in more critical condition, she would only move to a new bed if necessary.

Towards the end of the day, she could be seen with a cup of tea, simply staring at a wall. She'd only give minimal answers if asked or addressed in any way. She'd also have taken that break just long enough to finish the tea, before going right back to work. Her efforts shifted now more primarily to the Taigh infirmary, being their primary medical caregiver, but she would still offer some assistance at the weary spirit as needed, especially with critical patients.
Tingly

Posted by Tingly »

Over the past several cycles, the green slaad Blues Green redoubled their crafting efforts. Donning the mantle of 'aid worker' more than 'medic', they set about passing along the results of their work at the Infirmary, the Gatehouse and the Warcamp in the Outlands; any who cared to take was offered them freely. In totality, some two hundred healing kits, seventeen enchanted gloves of medical skill, and any other healing devices they could offer.

A common theme in all of these offerings was an aggressive work of branding, to which one might reasonably ask 'aren't you just cynically taking advantage of the conflict to build your brand'. To this the slaad would confirm that yes, absolutely, they are doing that, before pointing out the non-trivial expenses and labor involved in doing it regardless. They would keep at this until they found enough people willing to take their supplies. Remarking that the size of their hands makes them a disadvantaged surgeon, Blues Green would focus his more direct support for the medics to casting spells to improve their skills, with one or two actual healing magics thrown about here or there.
Viann

Posted by Viann »

Measure Nica is sent to be tended to by the medical team from Outlands defense. Wounded during liberation of Glorium. Her status is non-critical and doesn't receive priority compared to all the other wounded. Listed cause: broken leg, possibly fractured bone.

At the end of the day when the most critically wounded were tended, she finally received a preliminary medical check up. During the fight her ankle had dislocated, though it has been repositioned. Swolling hasn't receded, and she is unable to place weight on the foot without excess pain. Additionally her body appears to be resilient, even against healing magic. Measure Nica herself has cited her training on her Harmonium' anti-magic forces, consisting largely of years of building up bodys natural response against all things magic. And gradually moving off from that. Though certainly not immune to magic, it may be advisable not to rely on magical means.

Exact damage remains uncertain since nobody has been able to see the condition of her bones beneath the swolling.
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

An'aroluth would help the Harmonium Measure as she would any whom was sent their way. Noting the resistance to magic, she didn't seem phased or even worried about it at all. Being trained extensively with mundane healing and medicine as well, she conducted a thorough examination of Nica (to the extent allowed), and would even then offer several treatment options extending from the examination. She'd probably offer some pain killing medicines to help dull the pain, and depending on the severity of what she found would either bandage her up and release her (which obviously would not be suggested if it was in fact a broken bone) to suggesting extended care in the infirmary.