The Twin Cages - Portal Research and Investigation Team

Quiverling

Posted by Quiverling »

Toko and If'ni from The Fraternity of Order would fill the needed paperwork to temporarily lend their time in the new Bureau of Blink Assessment (ABBA) from their other duties and studies in the Fraternity of Order. They bring along a cutter going by the name Trinket.

Toko would also inform that she is in the middle of conducting a study that could potentially have relevance for the current situation, but that due to the nature of the study she would be unable to share further details until it was finished. It did, however, involve bringing Trinket along. There could be a small introduction of the study at the meeting depending on time and relevancy.
Toko - Administrator A10 of the Fraternity of Order
Luciana - Adventurer
astraeus

Posted by astraeus »

After meeting with fellow researchers, Grey removes himself from his usual rotes and meditates in the garden of the Bois Verdurous for a complete cycle. No doubt exists that the Athar don't keep close watch, ensuring nothing untowards happens to their tree. At exactly one full cycle, he stirs, then stands and turns toward one of the Athar guardians.

"I have a need to speak with Factol Terrance" he says. "I must speak with him on the nature of the Bois Verdurous and its possible impact on the conflict with the alt Sigil."

He waits for the Athar guardian to take in what he says and watches him send word to their Factol. When the Factol arrives, Grey turns to him and gives a short bow of greeting, one arm tucked across his abdomen.

"Factol Terrance, thank you for honoring my request. I am Grey of the Godsmen. I hope that my missive did not sound too dire, although...there is a possibility that such a notion could hold true."

He extends his arms outwards and casts a glance all around before returning his attention back to the Factol.

"Here we stand in the presence of a majestic tree, unlike any other across the planes. One that is unique here to Sigil, and likely to just this Sigil. And that is where there may be concern."

He pauses for a monent.

["Within the world of the alt Sigil we fight, a god of portals still exists. This much has been confirmed by a few of the other teams who have collected information. And prisoners. It is likely there is no Shattered Temple there. No Bois Verdurous to show the folly of those that declare themselves the Powers. This "portal god" may not have come from our relaity, but he likely understands enough from here to attain a sympathetic connection with The Blinks; a power which may be behind his ability to allow the alt Sigil to open other portals they use to attack us."

He looks back at the Bois Verdurous and gestures towrds it.

"This tree. This gift believed to have come from the Great Unknown, that shows us one doesn't have to prostrate oneself and beg a being for divine blessings as others do...your great tree may play a role in how we stop the alt sigil in attempting to erase us. It may hold the key to how we lay low that portal god that thinks himself above us; smarter than any here, our Lady included."

He gives another pause, letting those last words sink in. Hoping that the righteous fury the Athar have for the gods is rising to the surface in the Factol.

"Now I come to the heart of why I have requested this audience with you. Here, in the presence of the Bois Verdurous. One of our researchers, a gnomish Administrator, seeks to build a device that would allow us to identify all of the portals that the alt Sigil uses to attack us. The magical theory is sound, but we are missing something that forms a connection. We have our Sigil. We have their Sigil. What we need is either something that represents the so-called portal god, or something that opposes him and represents his fraudulent influence: the fruit of your Bois Verdurous may be our answer. And it is the Rule of Three. Three points sympathetic with each other to guide us."

Again there is a short pause as he allows Factol Terrance to consider what he has said.

"I can understand if the Athar would have concern with handing out such gifts, and so I would not come asking this of you empty-handed. In my research I have read that some believe your tree gains part of its nourishment from the intake of magical energies derived from items created and invested to the gods. Already I have collected over a score of such items. I am prepared to offer them to you, that your grand tree can take what it needs from them to continue to grow tall and hale."

He offers the Factol a look inside one of his many bags to show that he does indeed have such items on hand.

"I can also offer service, such as I am able to render. I am a craftsman and enchanter, as many Godsmen are. If you would as for the commission of something instead or in addition, i will see to it. There is also one other thing I can offer your faction: a new chapter to the story you tell here."

He looks to see if that last part catches a glint of interest in the Factol's eyes.

"Many times have I come here and listened to the story the Athar guides tell of the fate and fall of a portal god. With the fruit combined with our research, we may open a new chapter: a twin of the portal god that again thinks it knows how best to beat our city, our people and our Lady. And again is laid low and shown to be nothing worth believing in. Of all the things I could offer for your assistance it is this last part, a story of a god once again thinking it greater than mortals, that I believe is the most compelling gift we could give to the Athar. And so we place the fate of our research in your hands, Factol Terrance. Will you help us to help the city?"
astraeus

Posted by astraeus »

Grey makes his way back to the Bureau Chief's office with a letter in hand. He drops it off at a desk and heads back out. The letter reads as follows:

"Chief Jamis,

While its possible this is coincidence, at the time our troubles began people started finding small, handheld magical mirrors everywhere. As has been said, mirrors often are used in connection with portals. And with scrying. One has to wonder if these mirrors have been seeded here to make connections from alt sigil to our city more viable. The fact that they all have some useful dweomer set upon them ensures people don't simply discard or destroy them.

I've collected a number of these mirrors myself, but have held back from using any of them. I am in fact keeping them in an extradimensional space in case they are nefarious in origin. Should we have anyone capable of investigating their nature in greater detail, such as our gnomish inventor, please let me know and I will deliver a number of these devices to him.

-Godsman Grey"
Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

astraeus wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:45 pm After meeting with fellow researchers, Grey removes himself from his usual rotes and meditates in the garden of the Bois Verdurous for a complete cycle. No doubt exists that the Athar don't keep close watch, ensuring nothing untowards happens to their tree. At exactly one full cycle, he stirs, then stands and turns toward one of the Athar guardians.

"I have a need to speak with Factol Terrance" he says. "I must speak with him on the nature of the Bois Verdurous and its possible impact on the conflict with the alt Sigil."

He waits for the Athar guardian to take in what he says and watches him send word to their Factol. When the Factol arrives, Grey turns to him and gives a short bow of greeting, one arm tucked across his abdomen.

"Factol Terrance, thank you for honoring my request. I am Grey of the Godsmen. I hope that my missive did not sound too dire, although...there is a possibility that such a notion could hold true."

He extends his arms outwards and casts a glance all around before returning his attention back to the Factol.

"Here we stand in the presence of a majestic tree, unlike any other across the planes. One that is unique here to Sigil, and likely to just this Sigil. And that is where there may be concern."

He pauses for a monent.

["Within the world of the alt Sigil we fight, a god of portals still exists. This much has been confirmed by a few of the other teams who have collected information. And prisoners. It is likely there is no Shattered Temple there. No Bois Verdurous to show the folly of those that declare themselves the Powers. This "portal god" may not have come from our relaity, but he likely understands enough from here to attain a sympathetic connection with The Blinks; a power which may be behind his ability to allow the alt Sigil to open other portals they use to attack us."

He looks back at the Bois Verdurous and gestures towrds it.

"This tree. This gift believed to have come from the Great Unknown, that shows us one doesn't have to prostrate oneself and beg a being for divine blessings as others do...your great tree may play a role in how we stop the alt sigil in attempting to erase us. It may hold the key to how we lay low that portal god that thinks himself above us; smarter than any here, our Lady included."

He gives another pause, letting those last words sink in. Hoping that the righteous fury the Athar have for the gods is rising to the surface in the Factol.

"Now I come to the heart of why I have requested this audience with you. Here, in the presence of the Bois Verdurous. One of our researchers, a gnomish Administrator, seeks to build a device that would allow us to identify all of the portals that the alt Sigil uses to attack us. The magical theory is sound, but we are missing something that forms a connection. We have our Sigil. We have their Sigil. What we need is either something that represents the so-called portal god, or something that opposes him and represents his fraudulent influence: the fruit of your Bois Verdurous may be our answer. And it is the Rule of Three. Three points sympathetic with each other to guide us."

Again there is a short pause as he allows Factol Terrance to consider what he has said.

"I can understand if the Athar would have concern with handing out such gifts, and so I would not come asking this of you empty-handed. In my research I have read that some believe your tree gains part of its nourishment from the intake of magical energies derived from items created and invested to the gods. Already I have collected over a score of such items. I am prepared to offer them to you, that your grand tree can take what it needs from them to continue to grow tall and hale."

He offers the Factol a look inside one of his many bags to show that he does indeed have such items on hand.

"I can also offer service, such as I am able to render. I am a craftsman and enchanter, as many Godsmen are. If you would as for the commission of something instead or in addition, i will see to it. There is also one other thing I can offer your faction: a new chapter to the story you tell here."

He looks to see if that last part catches a glint of interest in the Factol's eyes.

"Many times have I come here and listened to the story the Athar guides tell of the fate and fall of a portal god. With the fruit combined with our research, we may open a new chapter: a twin of the portal god that again thinks it knows how best to beat our city, our people and our Lady. And again is laid low and shown to be nothing worth believing in. Of all the things I could offer for your assistance it is this last part, a story of a god once again thinking it greater than mortals, that I believe is the most compelling gift we could give to the Athar. And so we place the fate of our research in your hands, Factol Terrance. Will you help us to help the city?"
((This meeting will take place in-game on Sunday at 2:30. Contact Mimi for further coordination))

Research Team will get to interview the prisoners as discussed last event on SUNDAY (21st June ) at 1:00 PM US Central Time. Additionally; an event will occur on SATURDAY (20th June) at 2:00 PM that will be open to all groups operating in Sigil (NOT the Outlands Defense Group, as all PC's in that are assumed to be at the Outlands camps)
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
TheoremOfNeutrality

Posted by TheoremOfNeutrality »

Ambris delivers a report directly to the Bureau Chief, offering out a neatly enveloped memo in his crisp handwriting.
Ad Hoc Bureau of Blink Assessment Report, 1st Hive of the Pivot, 5 hours until Peak.

Bureau Chief,

We successfully made contact with Factol Terrance. I expressed our interest in the fruit of the Bois Verdurous, and carefully explained our theories behind why we believe the tree may be connected to the Anomalous Portal Originator. While he was open to the suggestion and reinforced the desire of the Athar to protect the city, he was predictably reluctant to release some of the Athar’s most sacred relics into circulation, and made various stipulations:

- He insisted that the fruit be handled only be followers of the True Divinity. I’ve taken personal responsibility for the handling and protection of the fruit, as a priest of the Source. He found this acceptable – though a priest of the Great Unknown or another of the Source (both factions agree that these are separate names for the same Entity) can serve in my place as necessary.
- He insisted that the fruit not be touched by the follower of any Power under any circumstances.
- He has requested additional political support from both the Fraternity of Order and the Believers of the Source in return for the sacrifice of this relic. These negotiations are likely above the purposes of the A.B.B.A, and should be handled via the Factol’s Council.

All in all, I believe the Factol’s stipulations to be very fair – considering that under normal conditions he’d refuse outright. I believe that we should pursue this line of inquiry.

Respectfully,
Troile, Believers of the Source.
GreyMoth

Posted by GreyMoth »

A dreary robed figure comes and goes from the courthouse. Application filled out for the Ad Hoc Bureau of Blink Assessment (ABBA) by the name of 'Newborn Fritz' under the affiliation of the Bleakers. The figure seems rather removed to the comings and goings of the courthouse, but at least causes nothing in conversation or inane questioning beyond a request for the minutes and points recorded from prior meetings to absorb before the next meeting occurs, to be sent to the Gatehouse at their earliest moment. Also the small matter of for five minutes, just staring at the page and frowning while drumming up the will to continue writing. Leaving a cloud of moroseness dense enough to trip on in their wake leaving the court, Fritz nevertheless seems to have settled his mind in aiding this effort.
GreyMoth

Posted by GreyMoth »

In a effort to help progress understanding exactly what it is Sigil's forces are dealing with, Fritz has placed a letter on the desk of Tessali upon concluding his shift in the wards for the Criminally Insane in the Gatehouse. It reads as follows;
Tessali,

A interesting question was placed at my feet earlier, on whether or not we've had any new patients registered since the portal incidents, possibly that someone from this second Sigil was tossed in here by accident like another dangerous Clueless. I would like to request permission to access some records that would coincide with the dates of these incidents. A possibility of understanding this second Sigil through the eyes of its citizenry might be tucked away somewhere. Any murmurings of red portals could be a clue.

Fritz
Quiverling

Posted by Quiverling »

Toko would had been seen working on the report from the interrogation, including the one she had not intended to herself. A draft would be handed to Bureau Chief Jamis with the finished document ready for whenever next the research group had a meeting again for proper discussion.

However, she would ask for a small divergence in the plans and allowance from the Bureau Chief to further research a particular element from the interrogation. There were already plans, and one does not simply diverge from such protocols without a get go from a higher standing member of the Fraternity after all - especially not a Bureau Chief!

Asked into it, she would want to seek information about the slags and prominent creatures involved around it - especially a being with the description of red hair, red wings, tendencies to red robes and possibly a fiend with the probability of it being a devil more likely than a demon. She would start her research by the Hall of Records.
Toko - Administrator A10 of the Fraternity of Order
Luciana - Adventurer
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

((Next event slot: Sunday July 5th @ 2pm. Who can make it?

Will get back to everyone on their queries before then - just trying to get scheduling out of the way!))
Simsalabim

Posted by Simsalabim »

(( I can come! ))
- Tindra Tir'ein