The Twin Cages - Portal Research and Investigation Team

Galleia

Posted by Galleia »

An Avariel man enters the office, two baggy sleeves on his black robe. He smiles a toothy grin, tipping a nonexistent hat to any who may be paying even the slightest bit of attention. From the pouch at his side, he removes a shiny coin, placing it in his mouth and then swallowing it whole.

"Lady's Grace! I heard you have need of a planewalker. Rest assured, plenty of worms in this idea pot. Any aid I might be able to render in these... Interesting times, I will. Druldo the Wise is at your service."
Krilari

Posted by Krilari »

Remiss to refer to herself as a talent, Usi'dora nonetheless finds herself altering course with the further developments within Sigil. As research teams are launched and Abba's name becomes a more evident prospect for the learned, she volunteers both her expertise with golems as well as her background in arcane study as a basis to help further understand the spindling nature of events now unraveling before them.

Her address (and the RP hook it offers) remains the same:

"Planeswalkers," She writes in address. "While the battle lines are still being drawn and circumstances can alter in the coming minute to minute much less day to day, there is no denying the prominence of a particular weapon utilized by these precarious invaders: Autonomous Constructs, most commonly referred to as Golems. Apathetic, unfettered by pain, and destructive by nature, even a poorly-made construct can be devastating if underestimated for it's ability to replace living soldiers, and often in mass.

By my fleeting research I have been able to discern a notable difference in quality between those utilized by these invaders when compared to our own. Theirs are weaker, made of a strong material yes but bearing a ramshackle construction that implies a number of potentials:

They cannot afford, or do not have easy access to highly-desired materials such as Mithrial or Adamantine;
They lack skilled Golem Crafters;
They lack Golem Crafters at all, and these automatons are the battle-worn remnants of past conquests;

Regardless of these theories, we must accept that they have utilized these constructs in battle before, and likely will utilize them again. To that end, we must prepare ourselves to fight them if we must. Potions and armaments already exist to fight such things, and in particular I encourage anyone who has adamantine weaponry to utilize them when in combat with a golem, in order to maximize damage potential against their innate armoring.

Furthermore, I will be interested in furthering my research into these designs, and will offer monetary compensation for anyone willing to bring me any of the inert golems utilized by the invading forces so that I can discern more about the nature of their craftsmanship. Those who wish to better learn about golems, combating them, or even creating them, I encourage you come and find me at any hour, or to send to me by notice. I would be honored to help in any way I can.

Signed,
Usi'dora."
Vierkiira

Posted by Vierkiira »

Vierkiira provided a retort to this "Oh if we're bringing our pet-projects on the table, I too am willing to achieve funding to personal projects of I." she said sardonically. "I was under the impression this was a Portal Research and Investigation. Something which yields far more long lasting effects. If we were to discover means to shut these "blinks", and I will, it would represent the end of their campaign. Golem or flesh." tobacco smoking proceeds before continuing. "We should test the similarities to known portals, through tests to ascertain effects of Dimensional Locks and Anchors. This may reveal to us whether or not they are similar enough to our portals, to use other means to discover yet unfound "Blinks" before they become an issue. And whether their "Signers" are truly the ones behind this premature anomaly, though I have reasons to doubt they are, and how they are maintained."
Simsalabim

Posted by Simsalabim »

A robed elf with silver hair seeks chief Jamis out, identifying herself as Tindra Tir’ein. She explains that she is a scholar keenly interested in other-Sigil and the blinks and wishes to research them in the newly formed bureau.
- Tindra Tir'ein
Vierkiira

Posted by Vierkiira »

The drowess looked at Bureau Chief Jamis. "Give us the permission and access to your blinks, so we may begin our studies. As I'm certain each and every one of us are quite intrigued..." smoking her tobacco to drag it out "...To see what the others have in mind, and what methods they can produce to uncover these mysteries."
Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

Jamis has runners delivers missives to each of the volenteers who have signed up with the ad-hoc Bureau.

Citizens and Scholars,

Your quick response to the call for aid is commendable, and we at the Bureau expect great things to come from our cooperation. To begin, you are each of you requested to attend a meeting in which we shall outline our plans, the various identified gates, and our starting hypothesis.

-Bureau Chief Jamis

(( Planning to hold the initial group meeting on Thursday (4th June, 7:00 PM US Central time). Please confirm if this is good for all involved, and if not, we will figure another date/ time)).
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
Vierkiira

Posted by Vierkiira »

((It'll be 3am for me, so no-go for at least me during a work day. Friday I could do with that time, but not thursday.))
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

Vahn would simply show up at the portals one day with several pieces of equipment and tomes, magical and (seemingly) mundane in nature, all of it pretty obvious in their nature of studying magic and portals. He would begin at the one in the Great Bazaar, saying nothing unless spoken to, and only giving the bear minimum of answers at that. He would take an absolute minimum of a day on one (and more days if there was more to be discovered) if not shoo'd off, seeming to slowly and methodically examine the 'blink' before moving on. An extensive book of notes would also be accompanying him on each one as well.

((I would only be available on such a day for an hour, but I could still maybe stretch it out to 1.5. Weekends work best but I need at least a couple of days notice at the least due to being down to a computer not my own).
A Kobold

Posted by A Kobold »

((that time would work for me, but also so would almost any time at all))
TheoremOfNeutrality

Posted by TheoremOfNeutrality »

(( I'll be good for that time. ))