The Twin Cages - Portal Research and Investigation Team

Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

Copies of a notice bearing the mark of the Fraternity of Order begin to appear at various public venues across Sigil.
Citizens of Sigil,

The nature of the portals being employed by the forces of this "alternate Sigil" bears investigation. With this in mind, volunteers with the appropriate credentials are invited to join the research group being established by the Ad Hoc Bureau of Blink Assessment (ABBA). Those citizens who are able should speak with Bureau Chief Jamis at the earliest.
\\ This thread is for those who wish to focus their characters efforts in the "Twin Cages" campaign on research and study. It is advisable to have a character who has a focus on Spellcraft and Lore for this group.
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
Vierkiira

Posted by Vierkiira »

Mercenary Vierkiira is tentatively around. "The work of I is not free. If you desire to utilize the decades of expertise I am able to provide in vast fields of Arcane and planar matters... you will have to pay for it. If you do not, I shall find someone who will. The standard rate for I is five thousand jink. Extra for dangerous matters." the diminutive arrogant drowess looked down at all those gathered, smoking her tobacco as she usually did. And if nobody did pay her, she's out.
Taurus Daggerknight

Posted by Taurus Daggerknight »

Bureau Chief Jamis makes no attempt to hide her displeasure at the drow's attitude. "All volunteers, " she says, "will be generously compensated a standard rate of one platinum, along with financing for relevant ventures for the project. This rate is non-negotiable, and even if it were, I would need documents that attest to your credentials."
I just want to kill monsters and get prizes for it. Is that REALLY so much to ask for?
TheoremOfNeutrality

Posted by TheoremOfNeutrality »

A rather excited blue-coated magus makes their way to the bureau immediately upon hearing the news. Ambris Troile promptly pens his name down to aid ABBA. "You won't regret taking a chance on me. In this fight, the winner will take all!"
Vierkiira

Posted by Vierkiira »

"As your terms are non-negotiable, there is no reason for I to waste time. Your offer is insufficient, I shall go sell services elsewhere." Unless someone else makes another offer, Vierkiira's gone.
astraeus

Posted by astraeus »

A jet-skinned man in red robes seeks out Bureau Chief Jamis after hearing that an investigative branch is being formed.

"Bureau Chief, my name is Grey. I will gladly lend what I can to furthering research into stopping the Red Cage. My assistance is offered without the need for compensation, as failure may mean the end of our existence. Also, I overheard you mention something of credentials. I would point you to Administrator Crake for a reference.

But, should you need an example of research ability, I will say that I am familiar with this not being the first time Sigil has been under major attack. Or under assault by another Power. I am versed in the story of the demigod Vecna, who came back from being destroyed, absorbed the power of another and with the help of one believed to be part of the Ancient Brethren tried to wrest Sigil away from Her Grace. And wherein he was defeated, but managed to return to his home Prime, weakened and back at the bottom rung of the Powers that dwell there. I have also delved into the stories of The Nameless One, of the time he is believed to have spent here and the connections he attempted to create with one of the remaining priests trying to ressurect the power of the cast down god of portals.

I hope you see that as a fair assessment of some ability."

With that, he gives a polite nod of farewell and turns to leave, waiting elsewhere in the city until needed

Edit: As Faction War isn't part of your canon, Grey adds the following before he turns to leave:

"Don't worry, I see your confusion when I mention Vecna. Just as we have discovered a Red Sigil, where events have transpired differently than here, so to have I found lore of yet more Sigils where other events have transpired. The Multiverse has many darks, I will assist in shedding light where possible."
Last edited by astraeus on Wed May 20, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 7 times in total.
A Kobold

Posted by A Kobold »

Shortly after Ambris comes and goes, Weaver enters the office and offers his services too. Albeity with less enthusiasm and song title references. "I'd like to think that my arcane credentials are rather obvious," he says with a 'lothy grin. To someone. Probably a random secretary who is less than impressed.
silinrul357

Posted by silinrul357 »

(moved him to a spot I thought made more sense)
Of all things, a middle-aged man wearing dull brown, shoddy clothes wandered in. He notably had a badge of the Bleak Cabal pinned on his shirt. He probably stood there in front of Bureau Chief Jamis staring intently at a wall and doing absolutely nothing else until prodded to do otherwise. And (assuming that were to happen) when such happened, he would slowly turn attention to the chief and state, "Vahn. I am an experienced researcher. I suppose this situation warrants action by some. If wanted I can assist it, and if not I don't really care."

He offered no further explanation considering he abruptly turned and started to the exit. At the very least he at least seemed to be genuine in his offer help, but the dead neutral expression of his face probably made it hard to read.
Vierkiira

Posted by Vierkiira »

Vierkiira left soon after not having received a sufficient offer. However it did not take long for her to return once more. "I have been paid to aid your effort. As such I shall provide all of the expertise of I to ensure the success of this operation. And make no mistake. I am an expert in matters of analyzing, gathering and using of information. For what I cannot immediatelly solve, I will find the means to achieve."
Mr. Mister

Posted by Mr. Mister »

Svarug, an old coot of a man wanders in to the office of the Bureau Chief, a great big smile on his face as he speaks, "I heard there's some work to be done in this all for those not suited to hitting things. Just my luck we got a pretty little lady like you leading too." He'd sign up on whatever papers were necessary, ready for any questions he might get.
- Svarug
- Tephrurume