Letter to Azaniel

Sarin

Posted by Sarin »

Sent from: Sigil, through the Baatorian Postal service, stamped with the sigil of a long dead god, addressed to the archdevil Azaniel.

It has been many years since we last met, but I'm sure you remember me. Since our last meeting I have fought in the blood war, betrayed the Nine Hells, been given my punishment, been pardoned, and now walk the planes as a free creature. I reside in Sigil, in a position of some power. I come to you, offering a deal.

I want to get our home out of the abyss. At the current moment, I have a team of hardy adventurers two dozen strong willing to aid my cause. The planes walkers of Sigil know the inner workings of portals, and traveling between the planes unlike any of creature in existence. The ones known as Gatecrashers know them best of all, and I have some that are willing to help.

I have the power to pull chunks of our plane out of the abyss, and the men to kill any remaining demons still living there, but I lack an actual space to put them. That is where I need you. You have the power to create such a space. An empty plane large enough to fit our old home. What can I offer in return?

Godhood. After we get it out, we would be the only two remaining creatures of that planes. This is why I seek to bring it back. But it is also why you should seek to bring it back. Right now, you are an Archdevil, in service to Mephistopheles. In Service. If we where to get our plane back, and repopulate it, we would both be in prime positions to become the gods of this new plane. You, of course, would be the head of the pantheon. All I desire is to be the god of death. Nothing more. Fill our the rest of your pantheon with whoever you desire, do what you will with the plane. This is what I offer.

Signed: Azuriel.
mimifearthegn
Site Admin

Posted by mimifearthegn »

Several days later, Wrath receives a reply back:
My Dear Azuriel,

It has been entirely too long since we last talked. What do you go by now in the mortal world - Sarin? Null? Some other quaint mortal name? The rumors I hear from Sigil are so amusing.

I was saddened to hear of your defection - I always thought you to be a good soldier, if easily swayed. It caused me some embarrassment as well, since it was I who originally vouched for you in the Hells. I hope you are enjoying the so-called "freedom" of the City of Doors, and your life among mortals.

I will be in Grenpoli this week. Stop by, if you can make it. We'll talk about your proposition there.

I hope to see you soon, in some form or the other.

Duchess Azaniel of Cania