The Enclave

*juubo

Posted by *juubo »

Kalee was working on her latest story, piecing together the lyrics.

"Two sisters of black and white,
Spend their nights in endless fight.
But while neither of them seem quite fond
All I can see hear is a sisterly bond

While one is called impulsive to decide,
She makes her choice and hangs for the ride.
The other may seem cautious and cold,
She'd kill a demon if it ever got too bold.

While both may claim to hate to argue,
Both seem to silently say I love you..."

She stopped a moment and sighed, setting her charcoal down and looking at the parchment. Too sappy? Maybe, but other things dwelled on her mind.

Some annoying berk had been talking badly about the gift that Dani gave her... and did it no less in the middle of the bazaar for all ears to hear. She had done her best to keep this an unsaid secret, not wanting to draw attention to the Nokomis name, but there it was, dragging out in the open. She more or less told the berk to bugger off and mind his own business, but we'd see how long that would last.

As for showing off her new found... talents, she was still contemplating. Pandris seemed indifferent. Cornello felt it was Kalee's choice to make. Dani thought it would be cute to show in public. It didn't seem like it would be too bad, but who knows what overzealous berk might attack her for it either. As she thought about it she rubbed her fingers over her lips and in over her gums. "Damn these things itch when you keep them in too long..." she thought
*Lucereflame

Posted by *Lucereflame »

Over a week or two cornello could be seen returning to the home with tomes and other books almost always heading to his chambers. it appears he was working on something whether it was personal, for the family, or his job only he knew.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

It has been weeks since Dani had departed the Manor and made for the Prime of her birth. She had left a note for her siblings, both old and new, explaining the need to set things right in an effort to calm her re-emerging madness being created due to suppressed anger and bloodlust. She found passage on a Spelljammer in the Ether and after weeks of travel, she had finally arrived (minus one or two crewmen due to 'accidents'). A few weeks after that, a letter had found its way back to Sigil and into the possession of her Brother, via his office.

"Dearest Family.

I have arrived at home and it's as I remember... ruin. The manor grounds have been picked over by looters and curiosity seekers for years. There is nothing visually worthwhile to collect so I've taken another approach. I've begun to search the houses of the locals for relics they might have collected and not sold.

On an related note, the villagers now speak of vengeful spirits that have arisen from the old Nokomis grounds... a white witch who has killed several of them and enslaved others... cursing them with foul deeds and death. Not sure how they came up with such fanciful stories but they are intent on taking up a collection to hire the local Vampyr slayers guild to look into the matter for them... to save them from the evil spirit. I look forward to meeting them and discussing their involvement in our families past. I'll let you know how it goes. Yes, Pandris, dear. I will be careful. I only plan to chat... at the start... for a short time. I promise not to play with them for too long.

Once I have what I need, should the engagement go well, I'll make my way to their headquarters to do what I came for. Forgive me for my coming need to shed my sanity, dearest siblings, but I imagine I'll need the full force of my Rage to accomplish what I must do. I hope I know I am strong enough to pull the sanity back once their fortress burns and every last one of them has been killed or turned. I'll unleash them upon the countryside when I'm ready to return home. To hell with those who would betray our family.

With love, Dani"

Due to the time that has passed, it is entirely possible that what she had planned had already occurred. Whether she was successful or not remained to be seen.

((still without a PC. Just a bit of explaining where she is))
*Lucereflame

Posted by *Lucereflame »

Cornello sat there in his chambers looking over a tome his sister had Returned with . the words inside twisted and altered the true meaning of them hidden under a code that had never been taught. The Secrets of their bloodline lied within perhaps.. or it could all be fake and designed to lure out those who wish to go against the family. He spent his time going through each page, writing down words with letters that matched and then even tried to look at the pages backwards. trying to configure out the true meaning of them.

Cornello would stay in his room unless bothered from the outside thinking over what the meaning of everything was, his mind wandering to the long past, a time before he was turned Remembering when he was just a small boy with his sister, They were playing outside in the Garden, Watching the Sunset and waiting for their Father to emerge from inside. But soon his memories Turned and The world in his mind was Set ablaze, He stood there Next to Daniella and Pandris, his body still that of the child he was, He was panicked and Confused, His Daniella Towering over him in her Adult form took him by the hand and guided them out of the flames, as pandris Warded them from the touch of the blaze.

Cornellos mind woke free from the nightmare and he gripped his head, blood dripping from his eyes in Tears as the Twisted memory haunted him
*Lucereflame

Posted by *Lucereflame »

Cornello walked through the empty halls of their home. He had not been here as often as he used to having no need to return to the now dust fulled rooms since nobody was home to greet him.  he had spent most  cycles at the  Fated halls working on paperwork and building up  new clients and contacts through the city.  While also selling a few of the family's wares off at the market with no clear goal in mind with what jink he made.    He now just Sat there Eyeing the empty fireplace.  usually a large fire would sit there but now it was just coal and spider webs.   As moments passed and his mind ran through his memories  he finally pulled free the tome he was given from daniella  and looke dthrough it once more. the darkness of the halls covering him like a Blanket made of night.