The Syndicate

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

OkayÂ… so far weÂ’re in a majority agreement to send representatives into the surrounding communities to reach out to themÂ… offer them hope of protection against further incidents of this sort. They donÂ’t need to know that weÂ’ve already contained the threatÂ… they simply have to believe it might happen again. Fear of reoccurrence is a great motivator.

If there are living casualties, and Nienna assures us thereÂ’s none, then it is prudent that Issanthis reaches out to them and offers them shelter in his ward. I would suggest you do this through a proxy as they will most likely not be up to dealing with an Illithid head onÂ… pardon the pun.

I move to allow Annia the opportunity to absorb the remains of the destroyed village into her territory. The rest of us have little need for such scorched territory. If anyone can make use of it, increasing the power of the Syndicate in doing so, it would be Mrs Kendt.

Also her involvement in current Dustman expeditions would prove valuable. I agree with her wishes to join them further in their search.

I would still like to hear further thoughts on the crown and the removal of Kholl and Nienna's prisoner. I still think it a good idea to find the one poised to replace himÂ… or her as it may beÂ… and forge an alliance with this person. A Factor on our payroll... it makes good business sense.

One more thing, seeing as the timing is good (((said as he nods towards the now empty seat at the table)))Â… IÂ’d like to extend an invitation to Rith Fiddir to join us. After extensive discussions with him, much like those I held with some of you, I have come to the conclusion that he will be an asset to us. With his wealth and connectionsÂ… and abilitiesÂ… we would all gain. Assurances have been made about his dedication to loyalty and secrecyÂ… and we neednÂ’t fear about those.
*MirielKanan

Posted by *MirielKanan »

*Emmy would enter the building offering up a bottle of Baatorian Fire Brandy. She would apologize for her tardiness stating she was away on a project.*
*A. Thereal

Posted by *A. Thereal »

OOC
wrote:Hello folks,

Love the discourse, but if any IC actions are taken regarding my plot, I would very much appreciate it if they were posted here. It'll make it easier for everyone following the plot, and greatly increase the likelihood of receiving a reply.

Thanks
*Midnight

Posted by *Midnight »

She listens to the rest of the conversation and offers a nod of thanks in Nienna's direction for the offer of the map.

"That would be of great help."

When the proposal of new membership comes around she takes a while to deliberate. Like everyone else at the table she has no doubt heard of the changelings antics as well as those strange occurrences that are attributed to the "top hat" prankster from SIGIS. Eventually though despite her initial reluctance she votes yes.
A. Thereal,Jan 25 2013 wrote:
Hello folks,

Love the discourse, but if any IC actions are taken regarding my plot, I would very much appreciate it if they were posted here. It'll make it easier for everyone following the plot, and greatly increase the likelihood of receiving a reply.

Thanks
OOC: Don't worry we're getting there :tongue:
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Is Fiddir unpredictable? Yes. Is he an attention whore? Yes. Does he jest, annoy and cause chaos for kicks? Most certainly. Can he keep a secret? Absolutely.

IÂ’ve worked within the same sphere of influence as he has for a long time. We have crossed paths on many occasions in our respectiveÂ… careersÂ… and he has yet to betray any trust that has been placed in him. Chaos, while uncontrollable and unpredictable, does not mean loyalty and secrecy suffers. We have Garm gracing our hallsÂ… and I donÂ’t fear discussing these things in front of him. For all his uncertaintyÂ… he is loyal to the Syndicate. Rith is wealthy and knows many things. He has many connectionsÂ… connections heÂ’s willing to share. So I vote yes.

And the restÂ… have we thought out more of a plan on how to approach this Fated issue?
*Cenpuppie

Posted by *Cenpuppie »

Shania looks skeptically at the goblet before she takes a small sip of the contents. She largely avoids drinking from the glass and instead leans over and helps herself to the scotch provided by Charles.

She speaks saying "You want Rith Fiddler to join this group? Very well, if you see an advantage in his having a seat I've no objection to it. Now about the Fated..."
*MirielKanan

Posted by *MirielKanan »

*Emmy's brow knit closely together. She thinks and considers only allowing Rith in the Syndicate but does not offer a vote up yet. Instead she sits back and listens to the conversation attempting to catch up on the things she missed.*
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

One thing I would suggest, even before we finalize what to do inside the Fated, is to organize a group to locate this crown and seal it away in our vault. If a Factor will go to such lengths to get it, it must be very powerful indeed and even having it in our vaults, un-used, would give us leverageÂ… and as you all knowÂ… every group needs leverage. For without itÂ… you have nothing to bring to the table in the future.
Now we canÂ’t simply order our employeesÂ… supporters or whatever each of you wishes to call them, to find it for us. Most cannot be trusted. It also isnÂ’t a great idea to announce we are also looking for itÂ… So we find a few people, trusted people, who will find it for us. IÂ’m sure we all know a Plane Hopper or two who we can trust. We get them together, offer them a fee, and have them find it. They deliver itÂ… we have what we need to move forward.

(((This option also permits another group of PC's to enter the "race" for the crown in game)))
*Lucereflame

Posted by *Lucereflame »

I just send kids look for the hat. they strong and stupids but obey their daddy. uhh and me votes yes for the stinky changer cause he is fun.
*ManyFaced

Posted by *ManyFaced »

Nienna frowned lightly at that and retrieves a fresh bottle of Hammerstein's Finest dwarven whiskey. "Regrettable. Best of luck." With those words said, Nienna slid the bottle across the table to Emmy. "A parting gift."