((mercenary Placeholder))

*Cenpuppie

Posted by *Cenpuppie »

All the while, a man steps out from one of the dark corners, while simultaneously canceling a few spells that wrapped him around him comfortably, concealing his presence. Using a simple telekinesis spell, he floats a chair in Sully's way as he makes his way out

"That sure was interesting." He bows to the group, remaining silent, hoping the rest of the gang realizes that he too was drawn by the prospect of work.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

"You can simply call me Sully." He said to the large man on his way out, a polite nod in passing. He nodded to the man who suddenly appeared, as if he knew him well. "Interesting enough to look into further. You walking with me or staying for the afterparty?"

Regardless of the reply, he then slipped out of the old Tavern and blended into the street. Just another cutter on his way through the city.
*Cenpuppie

Posted by *Cenpuppie »

"Waaban is my name" He waves a hand dismissively "A pseudonym." He watches Sully leave and turns to the rest of the assembled group.

"Whomever decides to lead this merry band please speak with me afterwards. Information brokering is my specialty and information is paramount before any actions are taken. Believe me ladies and gentlemen, a properly educated man or woman is a successful man or woman." He then leans forward, allowing the rest of the group to see who is addressing them. He leans heavily on a staff and rubs his lower back a few times while waiting for anyone to speak.
*Rayanne

Posted by *Rayanne »

Seleya brings her hand to her face, rubbing her forehead with a tired motion.
"Note to self: find a spellflinger so that we may avoid similar surprises in the future."
She drops the hand and narrows her eyes at the figure in the floating chair.
"Waaban, then? Pleased to hear you'll be joining us, though your manner of introduction leaves something to be desired. I am to meet a man in the Village, one who calls himself a broker of darks and jobs. If you wish to convince me that you are the better option, now is the time."
She turns to the rest of the group, offering a polite smile and a bow.
"Gentlemen. Thank you for your time. I look forward to a very beneficial partnership with all of you. If you do not mind a little walk, you are free to come along as well, but I understand if you have other arrangements. If all goes as planned, I will be at the Slumbering Lamb in roughly 6 hours. If you don't know where that is, well, let's just say it is a test of your abilities. I hope to see each of you there for a more in-depth discussion of the terms and plans for this endeavour."
With that, she turns to the door, beckoning for Waaban to follow her.

(If any of you would like to meet Seleya at the Slumbering Lamb, just send me a pm.)

(If any EM feels like butting in with a job/plot for us, that'd be awesome. ^_^)
*Mabus

Posted by *Mabus »

Rayanne,Mar 1 2017 wrote: If all goes as planned, I will be at the Slumbering Lamb in roughly 6 hours. If you don't know where that is, well, let's just say it is a test of your abilities. I hope to see each of you there for a more in-depth discussion of the terms and plans for this endeavour.[/b]"
With that, she turns to the door, beckoning for Waaban to follow her.

(If any of you would like to meet Seleya at the Slumbering Lamb, just send me a pm.)

(If any EM feels like butting in with a job/plot for us, that'd be awesome. ^_^)
((If this is an in-game meeting, then I can't/couldn't make it. I think I was either sleeping at the time or just getting ready for work. My most active hours are between 7am and 2pm PST. Key word being "most".))
*Rayanne

Posted by *Rayanne »

((The Slumbering Lamb isn't actually in the game. I meant to say that we could have the personal talk through PM's. Could probably have made that a bit clearer, sorry.))
*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

Sym speaks up before taking his leave to announce to the others making it clear before its discovered accidental in hopes that a better trust can be established between everyone with him

"Just for clarity I'm a Jann of the High Desert, the Clergy of Tyr Human act is to protect myself from harm. So don't let me catch you all spiting that out to everyone"

Sym leaves the room and will contact Seleya as stated if needed
*Baalthazor

Posted by *Baalthazor »

Being the only one left in the room, Scrogg pauses for a moment while flicking his index finger on the handle of his axe.
He contemplates following Seleya and any of the others for a good minute or so, before coming to the conclusion that they properly have a good number of things to take care of.

Having nothing better to do and being weary after a long day, Scrogg loosens a waterskin filled with ale from his belt, leans his axe against a table and pulls out a chair. He puts his feet on the table, which creaks from the weight and takes a good long draft from the skin.

"What a weird bunch of cutters they were", he thought to himself.

"Though certainly not without their uses, Im sure. That Sym fellow and the female properly knows everybody and their mother in Sigil, and the pro has likely got about three dozen backup plans in place, so he's not left to pick up the tab if something goes awry. And that little guy has without a doubt a real knack for making himself invisible if trouble starts brewing.
I just gotta be careful how I go about this thing. They seem like clever people, so gotta make sure Im not getting the short end of the stick here if anything goes south. Too much is at stake..."

Scrogg leaned back in the chair and decided that until morning came or trouble started, he would just be sitting here, trying to work out how to connect all the dots.
*Rayanne

Posted by *Rayanne »

Walking at a slow, relaxed pace as she leads her companion towards the Hive Ward, Seleya studies the man who calls himself Waaban curiously.
"Information brokering, hmm? You can find many here who calls themselves that. What makes you so different? In other words, what can you offer me, that I cannot already get from others? I am going to see another man who has proven to be a reliable information broker in the past. If you can convince me that you are the better option before we get there, then you will have my interest."
*Cenpuppie

Posted by *Cenpuppie »

Waaban walks slowly among the group as they leave the building. He leans heavily on his staff as they shuffle along and he gives off a sigh of relief as he must slow down a bit to keep the conversation between the group as much as to keep it from being overhead, "I agree, information brokers are aplenty in this city. I know who to know and I also have my own trusted methods of obtaining what there is to know." He looks around to see if they are being observed as they walk, " A combination of something fancy with good detective methods."

Then he smiles "Besides, what I offer is free"