((mercenary Placeholder))

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Sully sat there a long moment and looked between the two of them. It looked like he was processing what had been said. After what seemed like an uncomfortable amount of time;

“Okay… I’m completely lost here. I came here in the understanding that I could find some work… get some contracts because that’s what I do. Are you saying you want me to be some sort of vigilante or something? ‘Cause that’s not what I do. I kill people… for money… by contract. Yeah, they’re people who don’t deserve to live but it’s always by contract and I always get paid. I don’t hunt people simply because they’re bad people. That would make me a simple murderer instead of a working assassin. I like to think my profession allows people to differentiate between the two.

So, yeah… you’re going to have to be a little clearer on what you expect… and spare me the theatrics and atmosphere… and the veiled threats in regards to talking. I risk my life daily doing what I do, I know how this game is played. So… bottom line, what is it you want?”
*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

Darkrob,Feb 23 2017 wrote: Sully sat there a long moment and looked between the two of them. It looked like he was processing what had been said. After what seemed like an uncomfortable amount of time;

“Okay… I’m completely lost here. I came here in the understanding that I could find some work… get some contracts because that’s what I do. Are you saying you want me to be some sort of vigilante or something? ‘Cause that’s not what I do. I kill people… for money… by contract. Yeah, they’re people who don’t deserve to live but it’s always by contract and I always get paid. I don’t hunt people simply because they’re bad people. That would make me a simple murderer instead of a working assassin. I like to think my profession allows people to differentiate between the two.

So, yeah… you’re going to have to be a little clearer on what you expect… and spare me the theatrics and atmosphere… and the veiled threats in regards to talking. I risk my life daily doing what I do, I know how this game is played. So… bottom line, what is it you want?”
Sym looked at Sully with a nod

"Straight to the point, very well then. I'm looking Sell-Swords, Assasins and the like that don't care to get their hands dirty for coin within the law or not. I'm not looking to be the one in charge, just the one selling a idea. will you accept this offer to meet up and discus this further in another location, or perhaps here and now?"
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

See, now that language I can understand. You've got my attention and, perhaps, my interest. I'd be willing to sit and discuss things. Here, there... all the same to me.
*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

Sym acknowledges Sully with another nod

"This location will work then, So my idea on how this idea can work is. . . One we need a head of the idea, Two the head will need those he or she can rely on such as advisors, more than one preferably."

"We will need contacts for jobs, so finding a Tout or anyone of the sort to join in would be advisable"

"any suggestions on how we figure out said head of the organization behind the idea, or any thoughts and suggestions in general related to the topic? My thoughts are finding at least one wiling to set up to take the position. Once the person is Officially in charge, he or she should pick the advisors If two wish it.."

He shrugs

"Well we'll go from there on that when the time comes, if it does. but that's just my suggestion"
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Sully looked to the Jinn and pondered the idea a moment.

“How many we talking about here? Us four? Are there more coming? Hard to come up with a plan without specifics. Regardless…

That chain of command seems a little top heavy. I spent ten years as a Mercykiller hunter and donÂ’t need to return to such rigid lines of command again.

A leader is necessary for acquiring contracts from clients, being the public face or negotiating things. Advisors? ThatÂ’s all of us. No one knows whatÂ’s best for me better than me. Therefore IÂ’ll advise about things that involve me. Same for everyone else. We are our own experts in whatever we do. We can speak for ourselves to our leader and he can speak for us to our clients.

Also, there needs to be a few ground rules as well. I don’t know any of you, don’t know how you work, but I’m not a common killer or thief. I have a few… lines I do not cross. I don’t kill kids. I don’t kill innocents. I don’t kill for fun and I don’t kill those nearby I don’t have to. I would expect any group I join would have to honor this as I couldn’t abide my comrades doing any of this either. It’s the reason I’m no longer a Mercykiller… but that’s another story for another time.”
*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

Darkrob,Feb 23 2017 wrote: Sully looked to the Jinn and pondered the idea a moment.

“How many we talking about here? Us four? Are there more coming? Hard to come up with a plan without specifics. Regardless…

That chain of command seems a little top heavy. I spent ten years as a Mercykiller hunter and donÂ’t need to return to such rigid lines of command again.

A leader is necessary for acquiring contracts from clients, being the public face or negotiating things. Advisors? ThatÂ’s all of us. No one knows whatÂ’s best for me better than me. Therefore IÂ’ll advise about things that involve me. Same for everyone else. We are our own experts in whatever we do. We can speak for ourselves to our leader and he can speak for us to our clients.

Also, there needs to be a few ground rules as well. I don’t know any of you, don’t know how you work, but I’m not a common killer or thief. I have a few… lines I do not cross. I don’t kill kids. I don’t kill innocents. I don’t kill for fun and I don’t kill those nearby I don’t have to. I would expect any group I join would have to honor this as I couldn’t abide my comrades doing any of this either. It’s the reason I’m no longer a Mercykiller… but that’s another story for another time.”
Sym takes in every word Sully said

"your right, on all counts... I agree fully. Also I would think more will be coming, or perhaps we must seek them out?"

Looks to the others for their suggestions, and Ideas
*Rayanne

Posted by *Rayanne »

Seleya returns a blank look for Sym, shrugging. "I think the first step will be to find someone in need of our skills. Once we know what and who we are dealing with, we can figure out if we require additional members."
She points to each man in turn.
"We all seem to have our own, unique fortés and areas of expertise.
Sym here has his swords, his brawn and his determination.
Sully, your tool is the crossbow, I assume. A very peculiar crossbow; one I have not seen before. Perhaps we shall exchange experiences sometimes, no?
Scrogg... Well, I assume an axe is involved in some manner.
And, finally... Do I sense a pattern in names here? I, Seleya, favor a quick and silent blade or toxin.
"
She pauses for a brief, theatrical moment.
"My point is, from what I can see, we all have our own favoured environments and places of comfort: be it a seedy tavern, a holy temple, a court or a..." She hesitates for a moment, frowning. "Well... Wherever these Mercykillers congregate. If we are to go ahead with this joining of forces, perhaps we will not need one, specific person to represent us and seek out employers. I assume all of us have some contacts or a manner to get in touch with those needing our services? We can all, individually, be emissaries for our group when we go our own, seperate ways. And if we hear word of a job? Well, I assume we will have some way to get in contact with eachother."
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

IÂ’m still convinced weÂ’d need someone to oversee this idea. Coordination and leadership go a long way when you have many differing talents andÂ… personalities. We also need to agree on whatÂ’s expected of us and what lines we, as a group, will not cross. No sense in getting too deep if thatÂ’s a possible problem. WeÂ’ve the start of a plan. Still needs work but itÂ’s something to begin with. WeÂ’ll need a new place to meet. A place to drop off information, talk shop, etcetera. As much as I like slumming it, this place isnÂ’t one IÂ’d like to become overly familiar with. IÂ’m also not very keen on hanging out in the Hive unless IÂ’m hunting someone. IÂ’ve few friends there, if you get my meaning. Any suggestions? Also, I have a friend who I think would help us out with something like this. IÂ’ll talk to him and see if heÂ’s interested. What about the rest of you lot?
*Rayanne

Posted by *Rayanne »

((Assuming nobody else is interested in leading.))

Seleya glances briefly at Sym, as if to gauge his interest, before she moves to stand before the three men. Her pose is straight and formal, with her hands folded behind her back, as she looks at the group with a calm and confident expression. She addresses the group, speaking with a smooth and practiced voice of one who is used to giving directions.
"I did not say we did not need a leader. In fact, that is a duty I had planned to take on myself."
She smiles and bows theatrically.
"No need to thank me; it is a burden I shall carry happily so that the rest of you may work and perform without worry or uncertainty. I believe the remaining details may be sorted out later, in a more comfortable and dry environment. Once the basis of this endeavour has been established, I should like to have a private talk with each of you, to know exactly what you are capable of and how your expertise may be put to use."
Her eyes drift over each of the men in turn as she speaks, watching their reactions and expressions.
"And as for a suitable meeting place, I believe we will be able to find a usable, if temporary, place in what is called the Undersigil Village..."
*Mabus

Posted by *Mabus »

Suddenly some rapid clapping erupts from somewhere in the room bringing everyone's eyes darting all about. The sound draws the group's gazes upward as a small winged creature stands half-in, half-out of a shadow up in the rafters. There a pixie stands leaning casually against a post cleaning beneath his finger nails with a dagger.

"This sounds most intriguing I must admit."

He'd been watching the entire time as the party had arrived one by one. He'd been watching as they conversed about plans and jink and jobs.

He sheathed the dagger then flew down landing on a table amongst the group tossing a piece of paper down which everyone immediately recognized as one of the letters they'd all had the pleasure of receiving.

"I must also admit that I was very skeptical when I'd first arrived. Not knowing whether to expect a job...or an ambush."

He pauses a moment looking around peerily... "I'm still not entirely convinced I'm not heading in to something I'm going to end up regretting. But...I've a feeling either way the path to whatever end will be a most enjoyable one. Quite possibly resulting in a large amount of jink in exchange for much mayhem and most likely a smattering of blood."

He stands grinning and suddenly waves a tiny hand rapidly, "Greetings, cutters! The name's Flick." He pauses a moment. "Pleased ta make your acquaintance!"