((mercenary Placeholder))

*Baalthazor

Posted by *Baalthazor »

Having listened closely to the female which now expressed an interest of being the "puppeteer" of this rag-tag group in the making, Scrogg had thought that it suited him just fine. He had no interest of leading anything, all he was after was the prospect of aiding his own plans through the work of this here ensemble.

He had expected all manner of people and persons after having seen the female, but the small winged creature which now had revealed itself had him stomped! He had never seen the likes of such a creature before and that was surprising, even to Scrogg who had locked horns with some of the weirdest creatures he had ever seen, after his arrival in Sigil all those months ago.

To Scrogg, the creature looked like a cross between a mosquito and a dreamcatcher his tribe shaman had once made him, and the incessant fluttering of its wings gave him a slight headache.

Though.., such a creature might have it's uses. It looked liked it could hardly lift a thimble, but it also looked incredibly fast and agile and it could properly get in everywhere. Hardly skills to scoff at!

Regardless, what the female had said made sense. Scrogg had been to the Undersigil Village a couple of times before and he liked the place. Quiet, remote, not too many visitors and you had to fight in order to get there. Would be perfect for our purpose.

Scrogg turned to the female.

<I'll second that, scrawny one. The Village would suit our needs well enough. And as for putting you in charge, I could get behind that as well. Though you could certainly stand to gain a few pounds, you look capable enough and if you got some hookups to help get things going, all the better.>

Scrogg nodded quickly in the direction of the pro with the crossbow.

<Though he looks like he properly got some connections as well.>

Scrogg tried to look at the small winged creature calling itself Flick, but the stature of it and the constant flickering of its wings made it difficult for his half-ogre eyes to focus. After awhile, black spots began to appear in Scroggs vision and he had to look away, slightly dazed.
Leaning against his axe, he rubbed his eyes to clear his vision again and simply spoke out loud.

<And I don't know about the mosquito, but I'd reckon he'd have his uses as well. He managed to conceal his presence from us long enough and he's apparently amazing at dazing half-breeds such as myself, with his mere presence.>

Scrogg finished rubbing his eyes and blinked a few times while still leaning against his axe.
*DaftyXIII

Posted by *DaftyXIII »

Sym looks to Seleya for a moment after listening to her statement

"You do understand Seleya that, if something is to happen. the blame will most likely fall upon you making yourself a target to every one in the cage."

after the Flick's entrance from the shadows Sym would lower his hand to the hilt of his blade just in case this one named Flick would pose a threat

"What do you have to fear, if your here with the same intentions as the rest of us?"

Sym assumed this person named Flick is unstable mentally from his actions and words, He would then return his attention to Seleya but still cautious of Flick's presence

"just keep it in mind you'll be making a lot of enemies is my point, in that position. Tho I have no objections to this as it has to be done either way, does anyone here do?"

Sym looked to Sully adding to his previous statement

"We will need to setup some guidelines perhaps on how operations would be carried out and such? Example I don't want some lone wolf sell-sword on my side that likes to do his own thing just because he or she feels like it, things should be done professionally and coordinated as such. Would you agree to this?"

Sym awaits patiently for the response of the others, but still watching Flick calm and collected mentaly ready to strike if needed
*Baalthazor

Posted by *Baalthazor »

<I'd agree to that if only to make that incessant fluttering stop!>

Scrogg turned towards Sym and lifted his huge axe, easily the size of a small human, from the floor and rested it on his shoulder before he continued.

<Though I'd like it if we agreed on a leader NOW, instead of waiting till later! I don't know about the rest of you(Scrogg looking VERY wearily in Flicks direction!), but I'm personally here to make some coin AND to help the world get rid of a few nasties.
But like the pro said; it's gotta be done within the rules set forth by the group and it's gotta be kept that way. We are talking some major hits/jobs/retirements, call em what you will, here, and I for one wouldn't mind in the least NOT to go to "The Maze" for the rest of my natural rusting life..!!!>

Scrogg couldn't shake the last words of his Chieftain try as he might;

<<Do us proud, my warrior... do us proud..! Prepare Sigil for our mighty force, that it might never be prepared..!!!>>

He couldn't shake those words, even now when he was trying to establish a staging platform for the largest invasion Sigil had ever seen...

But what did this matter now?! Scrogg was just trying to survive everything thrown at him and this group would make all that, THAT much easier...
Which is why, it HAD to come together...

He turned towards the female again;

<So are YOU going to be our "glorious" leader or are your friend the one?!>

Scrogg was looking quite irritated and seemed to grip his axe a little closer, the more talking was going on with lesser the result..!
*Rayanne

Posted by *Rayanne »

Having patiently watched the exchange with a calm and neutral expression, Seleya turns to Sym.
"I have had enemies before, Sym. I know how to be discreet." She brushes off the warning with a hand, though not impolitely.
Her head turns to the pixie, addressing it at last with a nod of her head.
"I am pleased to hear you will be joining this venture, "Flick". Someone of your skillset is always valuable and appreciated."
Then, turning to Scrogg, and with an amused grin, she continues.
"Your dietary advice is noted and appreciated, Scrogg - almost as much as your half-hearted vote of confidence. Join me, and I promise you will not be disappointed."
She takes a step back to view the entire group, clapping her hands together as one who considers matters to be settled.
"I do not know about the rest of you, but I, at least, have experience working with and for an assassin's sect. I believe my experience and expertise may be put to good use here in Sigil. When you get down to the roots, this place is not that different from other cities of similar size, after all, albeit I admit the highest authority of this city is somewhat less approachable than I am used to."

"Our next step should be to find and secure a proper place for us in the Village. I assume I can count on you gentlemen's help and knowledge on this. I have done a bit of scouting myself, of course, but there are some tasks where a strong arm and an insistent kick are better arguments than a polite tongue and the jingle of coin."
*Mabus

Posted by *Mabus »

wrote:after the Flick's entrance from the shadows Sym would lower his hand to the hilt of his blade just in case this one named Flick would pose a threat

"What do you have to fear, if your here with the same intentions as the rest of us?"
Flick grins knowingly at Sym's question and responds after glancing around the room at all the tension mounting. He quickly motions toward Sym's hand that lowered to her blade responding,"The same "fear" we all share. Most of us don't know each other...most of us don't trust each other. I think that's readily apparent. And quite understandable knowing where we are and what we do, have done, and are going to be doing."

"The big guy with the axe here," motioning to Scrogg,"appears to be getting pretty antsy-in-the-pantsy over all the bone-box-rattling, I think. Perhaps we need to get to the point and settle this little debate on who's gonna be managing this little "club". And I think I'm right there with him. I just wanna make some jink here. I don't much care how. But whoever's choosing to lead better get it in their brain-boxes that it's gonna take some time to gain everyone's trust."

Flick lands on the table with his arms crossed looking around the room, his eyes finally settling on Seleya who seems to be volunteering the position.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Sully listened to the discussion closely. He was a little surprised when the Pixie appeared but not overly so. At this point little surprised him too much. Finally he added his two coppers.

“Alright then. You want to lead this project? I’m okay with that. In the interim, I’m going to write up a set of terms I expect to work under. This deal with the lot of you folks is no different than me taking any other contract… there needs to be an agreement before I sign on. Once you get my list, you can decide if it’s suitable, make any counters and we’ll both sign on the dotted line. We’ll also need to discuss shares. When this crew takes a contract, what’s our share and what’s yours? That needs to be settled as well. I gotta know it’s better for me to hitch my wagon as opposed to going alone. Until then, you can find me here” he jots down an address on a scrap of paper. “You guys go ahead and scout a bit in UnderSigil but I’m doubtful you’ll find anywhere to put down roots. You see, I dislike places that smell like Piss. And that place, well… piss is the nicest smelling thing you’ll find down there. I’ll scout for places in the city. Not sure about you lot but I like clean sheets and good food. If I wanted to live like a Hiver… I’d charge a lot less than I currently do.”
*Rayanne

Posted by *Rayanne »

Seleya turns to the rest of the group, as if to see if there are any further comments or matters to be discussed.
*Baalthazor

Posted by *Baalthazor »

Meeting Seleya's gaze, Scrogg takes a step forward and adresses the entire group.

<I see both points, but I feel there's an oppotunity here. How about we let the pro here scout for potential places in the city proper to serve as our main headquarters. We could establish some sort of business there, legitimately I might add, to serve as a front for our real endevour. We could sell whatever product we fancy be it goods or services, which would only serve to further strengthen our purpose there as legit in the eye of the law.>

Scrogg quickly glances around at the group before continuing.

<This could also serve as both a place where the more prestigious contracts gets formulated, as I doubt Sigils well-to-doers would like to slum it out in Undersigil, but also as a staging area for preparations for jobs. Obviously we would this place to be equipped with a cellar or secret room or some such, but I doubt that would difficult to find.>

<And the place we find in the Village, whatever it may be, could be used both as a meeting place for the more..,hm..,unsavoury types which would not like to discuss business in the city proper. AND it would also serve nicely as retreat point if something goes awry on a job, instead of dragging all kinds of attention to our main quarters.>

Scrogg takes a step backwards and goes back to leaning against his axe.

<But yes, I agree with the pro. A codex should properly be worked out so we are all on the same pages. As well, I think it would wise that we have a sit down as soon as a place has been scouted, so that Seleya here knows a bit more about the people she can send on various contracts...>

Scrogg looks around with a mistrusting look on his face.

...<And I would like to know a bit more about future partners as well..!>
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Sully stood up and picked up his crossbow, slinging it over his shoulder.

“Well… we’ve a beginning. My advice is to let our Lady here organize her thoughts and get a few things on paper. Send her your conditions and expectations. She'll sort 'em out. We can get together to sign what needs signing when she’s ready. In the meantime, I’ll take a visit to the Prison and see if I can get any leads out of someone. I’m not completely hated there, just no longer in good standing.

Unless there’s anything more…”

He then handed her a note and made for the door.
*Baalthazor

Posted by *Baalthazor »

Scrogg watched as the pro said his piece and made for the door.
Then he called out in a loud, but civilized manner;

<Yeah. That's Seleya, that's Sym and that's Flick...apparently...>

Scrogg turned his head, trying to focus on the fluttering little entity, but quickly looked away again.
He blinked a couple of times and looked back and the pro.

<Fluttering Flick, I'll just call him..,you..,it..,GODDAMN IT, the little mosquito with the toothpick, for rusts sake!!>

Scrogg shook his head quickly and looked back at the pro.

<And I'm Scrogg... Scrogg Ygg'brall from the proud clan Ygg of the mighty tribe Brall. I doubt it means much to you, but it means something to me, so you better respect it... and you'll see respect coming your way as well.>

Scrogg took a long moment before continuing.

<But I know not your name stranger. Would you like to relinquish it or should I just continue to call you "the pro"?>

<THAT means nothing to me, but it might mean something to you..!>