The House Of Six Fingers

*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

Guild: The House of Six Fingers
Headquarters: The Hive, Night Market
Founder/Leader: Maelfina Sixthfinger

General Info (known to any interested sods): The House of Six Fingers was founded and built a number of years ago by an enterprising blue tiefling of the Godsmen, Maelfina Sixthfinger. The headquarters of the organization, the titular House, serves as both a bar for those of exotic and varied tastes and a burlesque dance parlor. It also serves as the headquarters of what the Hivers have taken to calling the 'Black and Blues', Maelfina's paramilitary protection force. These pseudo-guards patrol the area around the House and its allied establishments, generally keeping the area trouble-free (or as much so as any bit of the Hive is bound to get).

Some people claim that the bar and its other activities are merely a front for some other nefarious purpose. These same people cite the frequency with which fiends come and go from the establishment, and the Lady Sixthfinger's many fiendish dalliances across the Cage. Others recall the occasion a long while back when a host of Eladrin gathered to defend the House from one of Sigil's occasional invasions, and note Maelfina's long-standing friendship with several notable paladins, including the Mercykiller's Arwyl Swan's Son.

Only those PCs who end up working for the House, and advancing through the 'ranks' into the guildmistress' trust, will know the true dark of the matter.

Group Goals: Profit, Power, Influence, Information, Secrets.

Group RP Style: I am not a PvP type, and will rarely engage in such unless RP makes it absolutely necessary. This group is best suited to schemers, spies, and crafty folks of all alignments, but militant types would be welcome as well.

Suggested Alignments: Really any alignment is welcome, with one caveat: Lawful-Stupid and Chaotic-Stupid will find themselves unwelcome very very quickly.

RP Hooks (How do I get my PC involved?): Typical plots revolve around information gathering, bounty hunting, faction politics, and Abyssal shenanigans (my favorite). Here are a number of different approaches one can take, but this list is by no means exhaustive:

-Ambitious cutter who wants connections with the high-ups of Sigil
-Sensate drawn to the House by rumors of a hidden portal to the pleasure palaces of Azzagrat (PM me for more info)
-Godsmen looking for a mentor or powerful patron
-Member of the Triad looking to keep tabs on the organization
-A sleuth/spy looking for employment
-A Hiver looking for protection
-A warlock seeking obscure secrets or lore to fuel their powers
-Succubus, Alu-Fiend, Cambion, Hezrou (PM me for more info)
-Erinyes, Half-Devil; specifically hailing from Cania (PM me for more info)
-Ghaele, Bralani (PM me for more info)
-Former Abyssal slave (PM me for more info)
-Craftsmen looking for a master to apprentice with (in terms of Weaponsmithing), or a bulk buyer for their wares
-A tiefling looking for a sense of community

Guild Ranks: The House of Six Fingers is generally a somewhat chaotic organization, but there is a general hierarchy:

Leader: Maelfina Sixthfinger (NPC)
Chief Advisor/Head Bounty Hunter: Huntress (Ysbethael) (PC)
Head of the Black and Blues: Bulgor Bladebeard (NPC)
House Archmage: Vacant
Veteran Informants: Many PCs (They can post here if they want on the list)
-
The below are all of roughly equal level:

House Mages:
House Warlocks:
Black and Blues: Johnnie (PC)
House Informant: Sultra (NPC), Other PCs

-
The final tier:

Dancers: (NPCs)
Servers: (NPCs)
Bartender: Malia (NPC)

((Post below any IC attempts to get involved with the group, and feel free to PM me OOC questions or requests for more information regarding PC plot hooks :) ))
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

Johnnie, an Ogre of great size and even greater strength, still stands at the doorway of The House of Six Fingers for several hours every night... as he has done for several years now. He is, as always, jovial and polite but he knows that his job is to keep the riff raff out and the riff raff rarely try to enter while he stands watch.
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

At last, the gears begin turning and Mael's grandest scheme yet begins to lurch into motion. Bladebeard is informed discreetly that the Mistress will be away briefly, and that while she is gone he is to hold down the fort at the House.

The general population of the House has little reason to suspect that anything monumental is afoot, as Mael's disappearances are not uncommon, so they go about their usual business.

Odette is contacted via runner, with a missive requesting that she gather Kelth and the whispling as soon as possible, as the time for their previously-discussed departure is nigh.

((This venture will be done via forum RP in this thread. The contents to follow will not be usable knowledge to any save those directly involved unless the DM managing it says otherwise.))
*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

The knock on the door drew the sharp attention of the bardess, aquamarine gaze darting to the window with caution. A flickering glance is spared upwards to the floorboards over her head, before rising from the chair in which she occupied. With a brief glance out the window, Odette pulled the wooden chair out from where it was jammed beneath the handle and slipped out through the sliver of space between door and frame.

Once the missive is received and the runner departed, a few jink the richer, the bardess quickly scans the surrounding environ of the Hive before briskly returning to the home's interior. Locking the door and securing the chair once more, Odette paces back over to the table and finally opens the missive. Taking a draught from the glass of amber liquid as she read, her lips curled into a faint smirk. Then, a grin.

The glass is drained and placed back onto the knotted surface of the table with a clunk as the blonde beauty closed the distance across the floorboards to the sharp incline of stairs within the wooden den. Having made her way to the second story, Odie leaned casually against the wall to watch the familiar kilted warrior in his meditative state following exercises. It's only once Kelth has realised her presence does she finally speak up, lifting the piece of parchment slightly from her folded arms.

"Looks like yer chance has come t'find out what's in it fer ye." the woman smirked, freckles dancing on the tanned flesh of her cheeks as a roguish smile etched it's way across her features. Pushing herself off from the wall with a bare foot, she paces over to him."Seems Mael's ready t'begin."
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

* Kelth slowly opens his eye, casting his glance at Odette. He grins, beckoning her closer*

"Arrite...le's see wha' she has in store fer me then...I like risks...but I like rewards better!"

* He idly runs his hand through his black manes and reaches for the mug of water in front of him, his torso still glistening after that workout of his.*

"Reckon she understands wha' I mean when I say, relics o' war?"

*Kelth proceeds to ready his blade, polishing it as it shrieks and roars with his rage*
*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

"Dunnae, ain't got the chance t'speak with her about it." the bardess offers, resting her elbow on his head with the knelt positioning, a casual grin on her lips as she lowered the missive into his field of vision. "But this be yer chance t'ask her. Iffen it dun please you, just say that. I already gave m'word, but I'm sure the two of y'can come t'some kind of agreement, aye?"

Odette ruffled the dark mane of the warrior poet as she stood tall once more, though not without an accompanying teasing remark as was their way. "I'd say y'get the pleasure of watchin' me work, but iffen I'm doin' it right then y'shouldn't be seein' me at all." Chuckling her amusement, she paces over to the extra-dimensional bag of holding at the end of the bed and begins her own preparations. "Shame I ne'er heard back from Ferrin, though."

Without hesitation she disrobes, soon donning worn leathers of washed out brown with the clasping of various buckles in place, careful to keep the carefully woven lining of pearly iridescence out of sight. A bandoleer is strapped over the supple curve of her chest, the rapier at her side checked fondly for any abrasions since it's earlier polish before being thrust into it's sheath once more. The former-sailor goes about her routine of checking various pouches on her person and wands on her belt before strapping a small buckler onto her arm and slowly drawing up her hood, tucking away rogue strands of sandy-blonde hair in the process.
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

Shortly after the above conversation takes place, a knock comes at the door. Whomever answers the door would find a female tiefling on the stoop, swathed in an unremarkable brownish cloak and dressed in practical, durable garb. Only the glimmer of lava-orange eyes from the shadows of her deep hood, and the six fingers of the hand used to knock give her away as Mael.

Without a word, she inspects the house. Looking for any possible crack, crevasse or gap in its wards that might allow someone to listen in or observe what goes on within. Only when she is satisfied that the area is secure does she lower her hood and offers the two a brief grin. She turns to Kelth and gives him an appraising look.

"'s been an age lad, but ye seem ta be in as good a form as ever. I take it Odette 'as given ye a rundown o' wha's bein planned...ye 'ave an conditions ta yer aid or questions 'fore we get started on all this?"
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

* The towering human smirks and let's the well known Tiefling in*

Jus' get yer well sculpted arse in already, Maelf...this 'as been way too long indeed...want somethin' to drink?

*Maelf would find herself guided upstairs along with Odette and Kelth and offered a comfortable spot near a glowing hearth*

I strongly suggest ye put up wards as to enhance secrecy...I eh...well, -we- are being watched by some fokkin' Cultists...scroll stuf.

As fer knowin' what's goin' to be the run...Aye, I'm informed and I'll be there fer ye.

Only demand I have, are relics o' war. Ye know wha' sort o' blade I like...If ya can fetch me somethin' equal to my current one...or better...or any other relics o' war tha' ye see fit fer my person, I'll accept that as a token o' appreciation fer all th' sods I'll cleave fer yer Ascension.

*Kelth smirks at her, rogueishly so*
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

Mael would read off a few scrolls blocking divination and otherwise hindering mundane means of snooping before addressing Kelth's request with a grin.

"Lad, if we dunnae turn up some blade or 'nother tha' suits yer fancy in all tha bloodshed wha's ta come soon 'nuff...which woul' surprise me...tha firs' thing I'll do when I be settled in me domain will be ta forge ye somethin worthy o' yer help.

Now assumin ye be findin tha' agreeable, les' get a move on...tha Ahmites gave me tha location o' tha mos' stable portal ta tha layer 'round the Cage."

Presuming there is nothing further the duo wish to discuss, Mael leads them through the twisting alleys and frequently grimy lanes of the Hive. One of her deadly rapiers on display at all times to deter trouble. When they reach the appointed archway, Mael takes a preserved human eyeball out from a small jar in her pack, and lights it on fire...allowing the smoking eye to smoulder for a few moments as the dormant portal activates.

Pausing only for a moment, she turns to the two.

"Remember, fer tha time bein, we be observin an' scoutin...minimal engagement if possible."

And with that, she leads the way through the portal.
*Azulfae

Posted by *Azulfae »

As the three enter the portal and it closes behind them, a few streets away in the boneyard pond the water begins to bubble for a moment before an eruption of heavily armoured orcs and ogrillions begin to burst up from the portal in the water.

The contingent clamber up onto the streets and finally the Warchief emerges spitting out a mouthfull of black rotten water and then pulls a fish from his ear which the other orcs look at nervously for some reason...

After a few moments he crushes it in his hand and throws it away, "Fookin fishy in mine ear! HA HA! I thought I wuz a gonner!" They all burst out laughing and joking about something regarding a shaman and a fish.

The Warchief points to the house of six fingers and they all march to their venue ready to wait for further instructions.

Notably one orc is smaller than the rest and looks exactly like Vorgazar but perhaps not quite fully grown yet and still with both eyes.

Vorgazar hands him a bag of iron cubes and pats him on the back. "Get youzself somefink nice son. Dis place is da business."