Posted by *Mausman »

[align=center]

Strength. Victory. Vigilance. Family.

Musical Themes:
The Fields of Ard Skellig - Kaer Morhen

[/align]

[align=center]⚔ Taigh de Cáth ⚔
Group Headquarters[/align]
Built upon the foundation of what was originally the house of Kelth McEwan, the Longhouse rises from it's former plateau to tower from the depths of the Hive as a beacon for a brighter future. Dubbed "Taigh de Cáth" or "House of Battles" in the old tongue of the Rashemi, the traditionally-styled headquarters boasts an extraordinary feast hall of intimidating size; seating twenty at it's three-sided table with room for additional bodies. Bedding is provided to it's members in barrack-style accommodations as well as access to many of the hall's amenities such as the heated-rock sauna.

[align=center]âš” Goals âš”[/align]
Being nestled within the only so-far known Mead-Hall in Sigil, The Reforged Blades are a group that focuses on prowess, adventure, seeking tests of strength and endurance. It also offers a place to rest up, eat, drink and have celebrations or cozy evenings at a hearth. A place to be among like-minded souls who desire a strong bond with their battle-Sisters ánd Brothers. Aside from this, when Sigil finds itself under a common threat, The Reforged Blades will answer the call to battle.

[align=center]âš” Philosophy âš”

Through difficulties to honors, bravery only can exist due to fear.
Learn from every battle in which you participate, no matter how big or small.
Always give it your all when you fight. Life is too short, enjoy it!
[/align]

[align=center]âš” History âš”

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”[/align]
Kelth McEwan gave breath of life to an idea after the death of the person known to him as Belkas Cornwell, aka "Corny". Belkas was one of the few friends he regarded as a true brother, despite them often being apart on missions. In their shared past, Belkas had taken Kelth into his own band of mercenaries - "The Crooked Blades" - a name Kelth wanted to honor and reshape into something that would stand as tribute to the legacy of Belkas Cornwell.

Belkas was a man whom never claimed fame nor did he enjoy any attention paid to his person, yet constantly sought through unmeasurable effort to keep Kelth safe when he was struggling with the gathering and safekeeping of the Mnemur scrolls; a burden that would ensure those of darker intent did not gather more of this tainted parchment and overthrow the city. In the final battle on the Plane of Salt, Belkas gave his own life by detonating a massive explosion to ensure the army of Sigil victory. Kelth, mourning this heroic death and for him, severe loss, was inspired to thus create The Reforged Blades. Through each and every one of it's members, may he be ever remembered and rest in eternal peace.

The kilted warrior went on to reach out to Dace Andor in offer of alliance; providing a pair of eyes in the Hive Ward and beyond. Joined at his side by Odette Vieuxpont, a woman whose fate had been weaved with his own, and aided by Battle-Sister of Salt Kara Von Helvete, Kelth's vision of the Reforged Blades began to take shape in the fires of comradery and soon flourished with the strength of unity.

After a talk with Dace, Kelth learned more about the truth about the hero known as Belkas "Corny" Cornwell...

He was Kev Tarmikos, an underground namer of Mercykillers, who cast off his red amor and became one of the people, for the people. Kev thought himself of better service by actually being a person, rather than some authority. A mercykiller sacrificed himself for a greater cause. For the people, by the people...

[align=center]âš” Mercenary Roster âš”
Council Triumvirate:
- Kelth McEwan
- Odette Vieuxpont
- Kara von Helvete

Quartermaster:
- Lance Marshby

Members:
- Argent
- Quinn
- Tahir
- Kriegan
- Vyse
[/align]

[align=center]âš” OOC Information âš”[/align]
Suggested Alignment: From good to neutral spectrum. Lawful will have a hard time with the majority of chaotic people, so, chaotic souls would feel rather at home. Evil people can be allowed, depending on what evil means. If this might mean, fighting nasty and dirty or being an assassin with a desire for greater glory, this might be worked out. Chaotic evil types will find no quarter, infiltrators who are uncovered and found out as traitors, will be killed. (( OOC heads up, if you wish to infiltrate this group for some reason, of course it is fine, however, if your character is found out and killed, I am asking you to be prepared to have said character perma-killed. This to ensure not an everlasting tug of war where your character is discovered and getting away with such. Bold actions will have harsh consequences, so either play your cards right, or accept defeat! you are more than welcome to ooc have a chat with me for story arcs!))

Suggested Classes: Warriors, obviously, but anyone with a stout heart and wish to grow and adventure will be welcome, so, battle-cleric, mages etc!

Ooc info in regards to activities: Alright, so, how to keep such a group as this interesting and, most importantly, alive? A fellow player told me, which is something I thought exactly the same, the key element, is what to do, rp-wise, during peace-time (since, let's face it, this will be a lot of the time). My initial ideas are:

-Group-rp adventures on the planes. Sure, it's likely we'll mow through certain planes, but others, likely not. Ever took the time to actually -walk- and not run through planes? RP out that you see the foe? discuss how to handle them?

-Then, I think about inner-group events, these can be tests of prowess, cunning, parties!, A collective goal that one of the members has stumbled upon, or, personal story plots of a character who seeks assistance with the rest of the group. For lower level players, challenges to help them grow, and, possibly rewards in forms of weaponry, armor, trinkets, to have a goal (I am trying to be considerate of new players here, who don't have friends that shower them with items from the get go, this group might give your character incentive to push their limits and be proud of achievements made)

-Server-plot participation! Of course, due to different playing times and RL responsibilities, we can't always be on the server ALL the time, the more fun it is, to share what your character has heard, or learned, IC. Once part of the group, also feel more than free to make RP posts in this thread, it's what it's for! I will try to ask one of the other DM's to supervise and keep check on things we do, and those things -I- do, since as it is known, I am also a DM and will not have any possible thought of favoritism. I handle things IC as Kelth and he is not the most easy person :P I might cater story development events from the DM seat, but when it involves quests with possible rewards, I will leave those to another DM, simply to keep things transparent, honest and fair.

-Your ideas, are important! Once your character is accepted (should you have interest), feel more than free to provide input! there is not ONE true RP style, are you new to RP? not a problem, we're there to help and possibly make it less awkward for you? I like to think I am easy to talk to and will reply, if able, as soon as I can. Sometimes work may smite me, so please do not fret if I take two days to get back to you!

(( Also, this is currently a work in progress, please PM me if you have interest!

*: We will work with a member/ rank system. I am still working that one out. Rankings will be a bit different from what you know in guilds. It has nothing to do with deeds alone, Kelth likely will want to be convinced he can entrust people with a certain position and responsibilities.

**: This, all in all, is an attempt to have melee characters become part of a group, so you don't have to rely on powerbuilds. Grouping as melees should offer some more survivability, not a sure shot of course, but, hey! nothing ever is. Timezones might bite another a bit, but, first and foremost, it's for rp! However, this group will likely feature mature RP themes/ swearing/ dark/ gritty rp and everything happens in mutual consent for the sake of stories, so, players will have to be 18+ as to avoid us getting thwapped for presenting RP scenes that one should not or isn't allowed by parents to see. So. It is your OWN responsibility to be honest enough in this regard. I am NOT responsible for the RP content.

[align=center][/align]
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

*Kelth smiled as he left Rhistel's workshop*

"Tha's settled then, a hold fer our own it will be..."

*Rhistel had asked to leave the blueprint with him. A month's time, acceptable...Kelth really was looking forward to the coming result*
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

* Kelth wipes the sweat from his brow after moving and shoving things aside so the workers can begin their heavy tasks. Arrangements for the Inn were made, it would have to make do until the project was done. Next week, during the Celebration event, he would offer Dace and Itsu a formal alliance, in remembrance of the Battle of Salt.

So far, he made a list of those who had expressed interest to partake in this group, he spoke to in person. *

- Isania
- Kara
- Trixx

(( Also, update in General info!))
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

* As construction of the hall continues, Kelth begins to spread flyers around Sigil*

"The Reforged Blades will accept applications for future membership. Please feel free to adress Kara von Helvete, Odette Vieuxpont, or Kelth McEwan"
*Tomekk

Posted by *Tomekk »

After hearing a certain chant spreading around the Hive from the Harmonium patrols, a drow clad in black armor rushed to the meadhall's site in the hopes of catching the two owners. Should he find them...

"Dammit, did you hear the news?"
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

* The tall Drow warrior finally met with Kelth and Odette at the Inn, indeed, news had spread and reached them...sadness and rage being the most prevalent emotions.

Until the tall Drow had explained his intentions. Sealed by hands of people three, a pact, to bring the old codger in armor of red back to Sigil, alive...*
*Nimiane

Posted by *Nimiane »

[align=center][/align]
Over recent weeks the dull thud of hammers and the grating saw of wood had joined the din of the Hive and the distant cacophony of the Lower Ward with the construction of Taigh de Cáth; the soon-to-be home of the Reforged Blades. Observant cutters might speculate the building is nearing it's completion, estimated to finish within the last few days of the month.

Erected from the foundations of former home, built upon and expanded, the Longhouse was shaping up to be something of understated and unobtrusive magnificence. Risen alongside the buildings of poorer make, tattered and worn like those whom inhabited the ward itself, the large Mead Hall had slowly began to form. It's workers are mostly diligent and hard working, though not without the occasional grumble and rare enthusiasm for anything but the jink involved. Towering pillars of wood and the smattering of iron stand proudly in the smog of the street as a sign of things to come.

At times the site is overseen by towering warrior and scarred blonde, sometimes alone though often together, whom take the time from their observations to assist with heavy lifting and aid when needed. On this particular cycle, a barrel of gifted Ysgardian mead is shared with workers, contractors and supervisors alike; the sound of tankards clashing together in unison echoing down the street with the break in builder's clangor. Construction returns to normal shortly after.
*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

Rhistel himself has been seen on the constructions site only from time to time, showing up at regular intervals during the past month only to receive a report from the head of the teamwork and inspect the building as it takes its new shape.

The last days before the works are finished see a slight increase of his visits, which adds to the grumbling of the workers as they hardly feel at ease having the Fated around... and more grumbling are added as the same Fated seems to be strongly against the idea of his employees drinking at work.
Of course, it doesn't help that the contract the workers have signed before taking the job clearly states they are not permitted to assume any kind of alcohol during their shift.

In the end, it would take extra effort to both the huge warrior and the blond bardess to convince him to disregard that specific clause on the contract... not to mention having him agree in allowing the unexpected break while they were so close to the deadline.
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

* After long and hard days of work, Taigh de Cáth finally stood in full glory within the Hive. One of the few buildings actually made out of stone...torches flickering and making the street of the Tattoo Parlor seem a bit more friendly, inviting, even.

There was a hustle and bustle of Hivers and members of the Reforged Blades, gathering their keys for the main entrance and talking to local populace. Word on the street is, that a proper feast for the opening will follow with the coming days...*
*Mausman

Posted by *Mausman »

* The hustle and bustle around and within the Taigh came to an end. Members started to settle in their respective quarters and tours were given to allies.

Kelth glanced around in the great Hall and smiled, a smile never quite seen before...*

"Home..." *The towering warrior stated, the word meaning more than anyone could realise*