The Consortium

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

To the general public and Merchants of Sigil

This notice is to let you know that the d’Kridis Mercantile Consortium has been purchased by me and no longer exists in its old form or under its old name or leadership. All properties, contracts, routes and caravans that were owned or controlled by the d’Kridis Mercantile Consortium, including all legal debts owed to the Consortium, have now been legally placed under my ownership. I have registered the name simply as “The Consortium” and have ensured all city wide permits have been renewed under the new name. The Consortium now exists as an independent mercantile organization under my stewardship until a lawful charter is created that sets out all Consortium rules and laws.

I invite all members of the former dÂ’Kridis Mercantile Consortium to meet with me, or any of our associates, to bring you back into lawful employment. I invite other members of the public trading community to also consider membership with The Consortium.

I thank you for your patience during this time of renewal and look forward to serving your trading needs in the near future.

Charles Goodman.

(((the costs of permits has been spent IG through purchase and dumping of merchandise from the NPC merchants)))
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

wrote:The Consortium would like to welcome our newest member, Lady Vara Jorina.

Vara is not only an accomplished trader and enchanter but she also brings with her a wealth of knowledge and resources as Headmistress of the Sigil Academy of Magic. She has long been a respected member of the community and rarely ceases to help others as she can. The Consortium looks forward to a long and profitable relationship with Lady Jorina and, again, welcomes her to the family.

Charles Goodman
Chief Executive Officer
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

wrote:Dedicated readers and business people

I have been hearing about more and more Fated officers making the rounds of the Markets and bazaars. This is not unexpected but for some tradesmen and merchants, this can cause undo stress to personal property, reputation and clients.

I would like to take this time to remind those still working alone that membership to the Consortium also includes blanket coverage of all required trade, manufacturing and mercantile permits and licenses. Simply having the Consortium placard beside your other advertised signage will be enough to lawfully keep the Fated collectors at bay while you work.

I ask you to consider this for a few moments the next time you are accosted by our ardent tax collectors.

Charles Goodman
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

wrote:The Consortium would like to Welcome Chieftain Vorgazar and the Iron Tusk to the family.

The Iron Tusk brings with them not only a strong cultural background but also a dedicated and strong leader. With access to rare and exotic hides and meats, and access to strong and sought after Nishek metals, their newly formed relationship with the Consortium will permit these wondrous goods to reach a wider audience.

The Consortium looks forward to developing this relationship to ensure a profitable future for the Iron Tusk and the Merchants of the Consortium.

Welcome Vorgazar, Welcome Iron Tusk

Charles Goodman
Chief Executive Officer

*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

wrote:The Consortium would like to welcome Tald to the Mercantile Family. Tald is an accomplished trader and merchant who worked honorably with me in the former Consortium. He is known for his fair dealings with the people and his honourable actions during business.

Again it is a pleasure to work with him. We look forward to a long and profitable relationship.

Welcome, Tald

Charles Goodman
Chief Executive Officer
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

The Consortium Mercantile House

The Consortium was first founded as the legitimate arm of the Cartel, a now defunct and outlawed sect within Sigil. It began its existence as a means to legitimize the face of the Cartel and to permit lawful entities the opportunity to do business with Cartel members without actually having to associate with known criminals or those suspected as being criminals. When the Cartel was abolished and its members scattered or arrested, the Consortium broke away from the Cartel, disavowed it and began anew as a standalone organization. It lawfully assumed control of much of the Cartels former wealth and properties and used this to thrust itself into the world or “Inter-verse” trading. In the years that followed, while still dabbling in personal sales offered by enchanters and crafters, it invested heavily in the importation of Raw materials into the Cage and of finished goods into the rest of the Multiverse. Importing things for the foundries, metals, ores, etc. Importing foods and Textiles for Merchants, alcohols and ales, timber, grains and most anything it can sell wholesale in the city. Exporting finished goods like weapons and other forged material from the Doomguard and Godsmen. Exporting other finished materials created in the Upper and lower planes into the Primes. It set up a large compound in the Hive (near the portal of Nishrek), a large Compound in UnderSigil (near the portal to the Grey Waste) and maintains its official Headquarters in Tradegate. It bought out numerous businesses and shops throughout the city, and invested heavily in some of the existing foundries. Many of its suppliers and customers include various City businesses, Factions such as the Doomguard, Believers of the Source, the Fated and the Free League. Groups, such as the Iron Tusk Clan (a large Orc clan from Nishrek) and various groups (gangs) within the Hive also work for the Consortium. Many Fated members also have invested heavily in the Consortium and thus, the House enjoys friendly relations with that Faction (and the Taxation benefits that come with it).

Over the last couple of years, the Consortium has started to take over all the major trade on the Prime world of Goranth (where the Consortium founder is from). It uses this world to supply its endeavors elsewhere so much attention is maintained and focused there. It has little interest in the individual marketplace (//player merchants and crafters, although players are still permitted to do so without penalty) and instead focuses mainly in mass product to sell wholesale.

(((The Dark; This is only known to those who dig deep enough or are informed through Role Play and is not considered to be public knowledge)))

The Consortium is (at armÂ’s length and through various proxies) suspected of being deeply involved in the Drug trade that flourishes in the Hive. It is suspected of having close ties to the Revolutionary League and is also suspected of having close ties to many criminal elements within the city and beyond, extending into the Abyss and Underdark of some Primes. Many suspect that this is the reason they maintain such a heavily staffed and funded Law office in the city and such close ties to the Fated Hierarchy.

Goals: To extend its mercantile reach as far as possible and to gain as much power and wealth as possible within the Multiverse.

Founder/ Leader: Charles Goodman. A well-known Indep member and merchant. Known for his love of all things wealthy, he is a polite and pleasant member of the city. He is also suspected as being heartless behind the scenes and dislikes anything that poses a threat to him or his organization.

Suggested Alignments: Any, although those of good or lawful alignments would find themselves strictly in the legitimate parts of the Consortium and would have little to no access to anything remotely shady or illegal. All other Alignments (except, maybe, CE) would fit fine.

You don't have to be a member of the Sect to be a member of the Consortium.

//All of the above is based on years of RP with this group and all those who came in contact with it. Feel free to make a character that is connected to the Consortium if you wish. They are mainly a group of individuals who concern themselves with large scale trade and not “standing around the market” trade. They are a good source of “shady” dealings in the city and a great way to connect information brokers and various Faction members who are suited to organizations who revel in wealth, arms dealing, drugs, mercenaries and other merchant activities both good and bad. Being so closely connected to NPC elements and not strictly PC, they are considered a Sect of the Fated/Free League and can be joined/RP’d by pretty much anyone. Since most of our wealth is in RP connections and investments (phantom wealth), players are never asked to contribute mechanical coin to the group. We will not demand a share of your wealth, gear or profit. You are encouraged to RP having both the requirement to hand over a percentage of your profit but are also encouraged gaining a share of the Consortiums depending on your influence within.

Eventually there will be a place in the Mod for members but I have to get enough coin to buy it first ;)
*fuzzylogic

Posted by *fuzzylogic »

Pandris arrives at the Fated HQ with a large book, a quill and her servant. After paying a handsome fee and tossing in a little extra, she requests to see what records the Fated on a group known as the Consortium. She is looking for any holdings, owned building businesses, residences, anything that can point her into the direction of their current location as well as any members it may have.
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

The Consortium owns property in the market (a storefront that sells exotic and rare Prime objects) and a large warehousing compound in the Hive Ward bordering the Lower Ward. The compound is fairly busy moving goods between the Astral Plane and Sigil. The vast majority of incoming goods is listed as raw materials for various businesses, merchants and foundries. They are Also listed as owning a large property in UnderSigil village. They often utilize the docks on Dead God to moor a large spell jammer manned by an undead crew.

Most people located in the Cage that belong to the Consortium are merely mundane employees and Managers. It seems the bulk of the Administration has been moved out of Sigil and now operates on an undisclosed Prime world. Charles Goodman (a noted Indep of some reputation and staunch ally of the Fated) is still listed as the owner although he hasn't been seen in the city for some months now. More detailed information seems to be omitted from the easily accessed files and is, no doubt, secure and protected by more powerful members of the Fated, elsewhere. All taxes and fees are listed as up to date and current.
*fuzzylogic

Posted by *fuzzylogic »

satisfied with what she found for now, Pandris leaves the Fated building and heads back home, her book filled with notes and slight disappointment. Even though from the amount of information she was able to collect, this trip was was worth it
*Darkrob

Posted by *Darkrob »

A little more than a week passes since Pandris poked around on the Consortium. She had been making her way from the Hive to the market when she is stopped by a local message runner. He hands her the envelope, tips his hat, and makes his way back into the crowd. The note reads:
wrote:Miss Nokomis

It has been brought to my attention that you might possibly be seeking the services of the Consortium. As they are an official client of mine, I may be in a position to assist you. Please seek me out in my offices (address included) if you wish to further discuss the matter.

BaÂ’alnior
Attorney at Law
Proud member of the Fated – Your friends in the Multiverse