The House Of Healing

*Venya of Argos

Posted by *Venya of Argos »

Dressed in her white toga, Christena entered the room where Sharon was waiting. "Hello again, Miss Sharon. The receptionist said a head wound? Let me take a look at you."

She went up and took Sharon's head into her hands, closing the woman's eyes with her thumbs and then opening them, looking closely at the woman's eyes to check for signs of a concussion.
*Red the Rogue

Posted by *Red the Rogue »

Sharon sat on the bed and offered a smile to Christena. She held a hand to the back of her head, looking just a little pained. "Yeah, had a bit of a nasty trip and hit the back of my head on the shelf." The sorceress lowered her hand as Christena began to work, letting her eyes close. She slowed her breath during the check-up and opened her eyes again. Her pupils reacted just fine to the change of light, suggesting she didn't suffer from a concussion. Fortunate for her.

"Get these cases often?"
*Venya of Argos

"Sometimes," Christena smiled. "Well, you don't have a concussion, so that's the good news. Let's see the back of your head." She walked behind Sharon and moved her fingers through the woman's hair, looking for any gashes or bleeding. "Are you feeling anything else? A sick stomach perhaps?"
*Red the Rogue

Sharon closed her eyes again, attempting to relax as much as she could in a hospital. Her hair was a little matted in one spot from the bleeding earlier. There was still a slight trickle of blood flowing from the back of her head, but no where near as much as what it was earlier. "Not sick. Just a little distressed. Pretty sure that's normal of me, heh." The sorceress smirked faintly.
*Venya of Argos

She took a cloth and cleaned the blood out of Sharon's hair. "Well, I don't think you'll need a suture. I'll clean it up for you and give you something for the pain. You're very lucky."
*Red the Rogue

"Thanks." Sharon let out a sigh of relief. She learned back a little, letting Christena handle the work. Thankfully, she wasn't a problematic patient during her stay. The woman smiled and gave a slight nod of her head when Christena finished cleaned up the wound, then stood up. "Anything I need to do before I leave, doc?"
*Venya of Argos

"I think that's about it." She put her tools away after cleaning them. "You said you were feeling distressed? Anything you'd like to talk about?"
*Red the Rogue

"Eh... Just a few personal issues," Sharon mumbled. "Nothing that I can't sort. Though... thank you for the offer, Christena."

She patted her hair down as she made her way for the door.
*Venya of Argos

A few nights later, Christena brings in a woman with dark hair dressed in rags. She asks that the nurses get her cleaned up and given a gown. While the woman is being seen to, Christena changes into her healing robes and waits for her to be ready to be examined.

Once the woman is ready, Christena goes about looking her over, checking her conditions for injuries, any broken bones, diseases, infestations, or anything that suggests she was abused or malnourished.
*witchinghour

Posted by *witchinghour »

The ragged woman had waited patiently for Christena after being cleaned up. She looked considerably better after the cleansing. However her hands still jittered and she looked about the room nervously. Almost like a caged dog.

The poor woman did seem to have a few healing and fresher bruises over her thighs, arms, and against her back. She has certainly seen her fair share of harsh grabbing and disciplinary violence. A shame that her pretty skin was marred by violent hands. Otherwise she seemed feed well enough, or at the least, just enough to survive and not be blown over by the wind.

But the biggest, glaring issue was her blue stained lips.