The House Of Healing

*Venya of Argos

Posted by *Venya of Argos »

As the woman was being tended to, Christena wrote a letter for Danae's inbox describing the situation and recommending that the woman be given time to heal, properly nourished, and given a psyche evaluation and treatment. She hoped the woman could in time be given the choice to work at the House of Healing or somewhere else in good faith that she would be treated and paid fairly once she was ready to.

After the nurses had gone, Christena wrapped the woman's bruises with a snug bandage as she spoke to her. She tried to keep the woman talking about something in the hopes it would keep her calm and help her relax. She asked her for her name, if the nurses were nice to her, what sort of foods she always wanted to eat, places she always wanted to go, avoiding questions that would keep her mind from going back to the dark place of her captivity.

Once Chris was finished with treating the woman's bruises, she took notice of the blue on her lips. She examined them closely to see if it was caused by a foreign substance. She suspected drugs, though wanted to make sure. She took a cloth to them to see if any of the blue came off and asked about it as well.

((Diplomacy of +20, Heal of +43))
*witchinghour

Posted by *witchinghour »

The woman seemed grateful for the caring demeanor of Christena, eventually breaking out in a small smile. The woman revealed herself as "Kixa", noting that the nurses were very nice and then going on about how her favorite food was Za. Though she didn't seem to have any particular place she like besides the Gatehouse Courtyard. 

The blue stain to her lips didn't wipe off, as if her lips were just now that color. She seemed embarrassed now to admit the next sentence she spoke.
"That is ah... why Ah wahs down thar. Had to pay off the Skin fer tha Sannish. Was gettin' close to gettin' it paid until you cutter showed up."
*Venya of Argos

Christena was unsure of what Za was but asked another nurse about it. After learning what it was, she gave the nurse some coin to buy some for Kixa, with the added requirement that it have a mixture of vegetables on it. Pineapple seemed like a bad idea though, but she asked for the fruit to be put into a bowl just in case.

"I see," she said to the woman, "When was the last time you had this Sannish? Are there any symptoms of withdrawal I should know about?"

She avoided lecturing the woman on how harmful drugs were to the body. To do so would only shut Kixa down or make her angry. Drugs were an escape from extreme poverty, grief, or other ills and stressors of life. It was important to Christena not to come off as judging her and instead help her on the road to recovery and ensure the woman was not tempted to the substance again.
*witchinghour

Posted by *witchinghour »

"Three.. four.. cycles ago?" Kixa answered meekly. "I dun kno' abou' withdrawals 'cept gettin' restless. Some cutters ge' sadder than a Bleaker sometimes."

Kixa seemed grateful for the Za when it finally came, and peered over the fruit more curiously. Nonetheless she nibble on that as well.
*Venya of Argos

Christena tapped the end of her pen on her chin as she thought about something, then jotted down a few notes on a pad of paper. "All right," she said. "I'd like you to stay here a few days if that is fine with you. Your body needs better food and some rest. You're under no obligation to do so, but if you like, we could use an extra set of hands to help around here. It would only be light work though. It'll be something to keep you busy while you recover. Personally, I'd go mad if I had to spend several days in bed just resting, so it's up to you. Once you are feeling better, we can talk about what you'd like to do next."
*Venya of Argos

With Kixa undergoing her treatment and recovering, Christena writes to the rest of the staff to detail an upcoming procedure and request assistance.
I would like to reserve the surgery room for four hours and request an assistant for an upcoming surgery on the drow known as Ashera. The procedure will involve reopening of her right eye socket and regenerating the lost eye with regeneration magic.

Argent supplied me with a scroll for it, though I would not be opposed to someone with the magic on hand to assist me in the surgery. It'll be delicate and Ashera's comfort is important, so I may need a second person to help keep her sedated or at the very least unaware of her surroundings. 

I've been preparing and practicing for this procedure for over a month and have it planned as follows:

While the patient is awake, I will first attempt to open her eye without instruments to gauge the eye's condition and what will need to be done. If I cannot and tools will be needed, we will move on to sedation.

The subject will be sedated with a local anesthetic to keep them unaware. One of the assistants will be in charge of keeping watch of the patient's condition and ensure they are not suffering through the procedure.

Once sedated, I will use instruments cleaned with alcohol to open the patient's eye lid if unable to do so previously. Once open, I will clear out the damaged flesh and clean out the socket of any excess that would complicate the eye's regrowth.

After the socket is cleared, regeneration magic will be used to restore the eye, whether through the scroll or from the help of the other assistant.

Once finished, I'd recommend the patient be admitted for the night to watch for any complications and discharged the following morning, but on bed rest and limited activity for five days.

If anyone is interested in assisting me with this procedure, please contact me. The patient only trusts me to perform the incisions, but I will convince her to let others help and don't feel it is wise for me to try to perform this by myself.

Respectfully,
Christena
*Miyuki

Posted by *Miyuki »

And so two ladies would walk in, talking until the see the nurse. Alisa would ask if there's a healer who may have time for her. She may have a thought but is asking for a second opinion. So it would be safe if a healer would examine her: She would wait with Ronja and see if anyone is free or has a soonish appointment free...She seems friendly but thoughtful in the meantime...

((I have the result already and would add it in RP to the healer who examines her. ;) ))
*Milluw

Posted by *Milluw »

Ronja seemed surprised as they opened the door and entered while in conversation. It took a moment before her eyes snapped into the room as they walked toward the counter. She smiles toward the clerk with a greeting nod, leaning her side against the desk while Alisa books the appointment.
*Venya of Argos

A tall woman with long braided sunset hair enters the reception after one of the nurses calls for her. She is dressed in a white toga with thin leather boots. "Good day. I am Christena. I can help with whatever you need. Please come with me."

She would lead the two to one of the examination rooms. "What can I help you with?"
*Miyuki

Posted by *Miyuki »

"Christena, pleasure to meet you. I call myself Alisa." the young half elf smiles and would follow, but also wait for Ronja if she would like to come along.

As they reach the examine rooms she explains. "I have a suspicion already and would like a second opinion. I seem to show symptons like....a carving for sweet thing all of a sudden, also i can't have certain things anymore, like alcohol or pork. I can't even smell then and feel sick if i do."