The House Of Healing

*Serena

Posted by *Serena »

The request for an appointment from Rhistel was retired just a few days later: the procedure he wanted to undergo was apparently not needed anymore
*Cenerae

Posted by *Cenerae »

Tasha visits the House of Healing and leaves a note with the nurse at the front desk, with a request to have it passed along to Argent or Danae next time they visited.
To Argent and Danae

Marie Violet came to me today at your suggestion. I wasn't exactly sure what to do, but she mentioned that whatever is afflicting her might be some sort of curse. With that in mind, I checked her over for auras and found a particularly 'hungry' one - think of how a cat looks at prey - tangled up with her own. It's blood magic, of that I'm positive.

Perhaps knowing this will be enough to help you make some progress, since you may have more practical experience at dealing with it than I do. I'll be doing some research on my end though, just in case.

Let me know if you need anything else in the meantime.

- Tasha
*witchinghour

Posted by *witchinghour »

Tasha,

Thank you kindly for inspecting Violet. I was hoping it was not something such as blood magic affecting her, but this changes much. I would ask you to show me any research you come upon and perhaps we can all talk about how to rid Violet of this curse at some point. Argent had attempted to rid her of the nightmares she experiences, but something more powerful had blocked him. I do not think it is something that can be cured by one person. If you have any recommendations of people that might be knowledgeable as well, send them or tell us what they may know.

I apologize in advance if we're becoming more scarce; the midwife is recommending I settling down more or stay in bed.

Also I happened to be growing a little too much sage, so here is some. Thought you and Trin might enjoy it. Good for purifying negative energies.

- Danae
A letter was left back at the house of healing for Tasha in return. And with it was a tiny potted plant of sage.
*Cenerae

Posted by *Cenerae »

Another letter is left for Danae at the front desk.
Danae

I've wanted to meet you in person to discuss it, but I've been unable to get ahold of you so far and I'm reluctant to make a house call with you being so far along. I hope that things are going well at least.

So, as promised, I've done some research onto the nature of blood magic. I found several tomes referencing blood mages, but I don't think that is what we're dealing with here. Blood mages tend to use their own blood as extra spell components to augment their magics. The most esoteric ability I've seen referenced is the ability for one to mark a victim and then teleport through that victim's bloodstream at a future point. Very graphic and messy and likely fatal to the victim, but that's clearly not what is ailing Violet.

Unfortunately, the shamanistic version...there's really little written down. This tends to be something taught among the savage humanoids or tribal communities more than anything taught in 'civilised' regions, so information has been sparse. Still, I did find out some things. Essentially, and possibly the most important point, the magic in play is more wild, much stronger, and difficult to tame. Rituals can tame it, keep the caster from risk. But it also allows one to use the blood of another person or creature as a component. If whoever laid this curse on Violet used Violet's own blood, or perhaps the blood of a family member, then the effects would be extremely amplified. A curse that would take root in her blood itself. You could dispel it, but only for a brief time. That sort of magic would just come back, until you dealt with the source of it one way or another.

I'm rambling a bit in trying to sound smarter than I really am, but the short of it is that I think the only way to get rid of it is to go and kill the person responsible for placing the curse on Violet, or persuade them to lift it peaceably. I suggested to her already that it might be possible to have Argent or another dreamwalk, because I suspect that there's a chance the originator could be found in the nightmares. Getting her to agree to it would be easier said than done, though. She rejected the idea outright when I brought it up when we last spoke.

Whoever cursed her in this way obviously hates her a great deal though, so the list of candidates is probably not so high.

Hope this is of more help than the last message. As always, let me know if there's anything I can do.

- Tasha
*artemitavik

Posted by *artemitavik »

Derik Ranloss swings by the House of Healing and leaves a note for Danae and Argent
Hello,

I was hoping that one of you would be able to get in touch with myself and my wife Lannia for a discussion regarding a private matter.  We can be reached at Chirper's

-Derik Ranloss
*Venya of Argos

Posted by *Venya of Argos »

To The House of Healing,

Greetings. I am Christena of the city-state of Epontos. I write to you in the hopes of offering my services to your house. I am a fairly new arrival, having spent some time exploring and familiarizing myself with the fair city. I see this house as one of the few blessings here and wish to contribute to it where and how I can.

As an emissary of the goddess Athena, I am a student of battle and craftsmanship. However, I've always seen myself as a healer and protector first. I am not licensed by the city, though I hear I may also seek sponsorship here for one once I have proven myself. I have five years of training in field medicine, tested and proven, and the gift of my goddess has graced me with the ability to heal the sick and wounded. It would do me a great honor for myself and Athena to offer my skills to the people of the city.

Sincerely,
Christena Claire
*witchinghour

Posted by *witchinghour »

The two elves had been out of the House of Healing for close to two months. It might have been a couple cycles before any reply reached Derik and Christena, but nonetheless the lettered responses got to the cutters.

Derik's:
Dear Derik,

Argent and I will be in Sigil again for just a few weeks to check up on things, come by the House to talk. I should be around to clean up and address any problems. Otherwise I hope you and Lannia have been doing well enough in our absence.

- Danae
Christena's:
Dear Christena Claire,

I'd be more than happy to sign on another volunteer willing to dedicate themselves to the healing art! 

I would love to meet you sometime and get to know all of the House of Healing's members. I should be at the hospice for the next coming few weeks before leaving, I would love if you'd stop by. For now I will sign you onto a volunteering position until you apply and receive your permit from the Fated. I trust your experience, but it is just for legalities within the city and to avoid lawsuits against the House of Healing.

- Danae, Factotum of the Sign of One and Chief Medical Officer
((My schedule is still hectic but I can show up IG most days except Tuesday and Thursday, hopefully I run into you both!
Also the roster has been updooted))
*Venya of Argos

Christena has kept herself busy the last several days, coming to the House of Healing early in the morning and assisting the doctors with the patients. She spends her time treating the minor injuries that come into the house, suturing a deep wound, treating burns, or setting a broken limb.

She keeps a log of each patient as agreed upon. Each log describes the cause of the injury and the treatment applied and whatever information that the patient gave her such as their name and address. 

The hours she spends at the House vary. Sometimes she is there from the morning to the afternoon while others she may spend until late at night or only a few hours at a time depending on how many are waiting to be seen. On her lunch breaks, she goes to some of the nearby shops or spends a couple of hours in the Gymnasium. 
*Venya of Argos

Christena had been staying over several hours past her shift the last few days studying in the house and talking to several of the other healers about regenerative magic. She took notes from the medical texts, researching extensively about elven anatomy. Whatever texts she couldn’t find about the subjects in the House of Healing she turned to the records of the Fated’s public libraries.

After having treated a friend that had been infected by the undead parasites, Chris kept a careful eye on the patients that came through the house and took the added measure of using holy water to cleanse the wounds of anyone that had similar burrow marks and bites. The last thing she wanted was for the epidemic to spread, so he spread a word of caution to the rest of the healers about what she saw. Fortunately, with the aid of her goddess, holy water was not in short supply.
*Red the Rogue

Posted by *Red the Rogue »

Sharon entered the House of Healing late in the cycle. She admitted to the receptionist that she wanted a head wound examined on the back. It was caused by, from her own words, "an accident," and the woman didn't want to risk it being potentially serious.