The House Of Healing

*witchinghour

Posted by *witchinghour »

After some time, the closed sign on the House of Healing's door has flipped over. Volunteers return to their work and patients not contacting for house calls come back. The customary break for volunteer's hard work during a slower patient income has ended.
The House of Healing OPEN:
Welcome back!
\\It is about time to have a more official group info page as well. if I've forgotten anyone, please poke Lucadia or Me. Same if you have any other questions!\\
The House of Healing
Founder: Brindas Defeign
Joint Chief Medical Officers and Caretakers: Danae Gren and Argent Tsukito
Place of Work: The House of Healing
Group info: Originally founded by Dr.Brindas, who has seemingly moved on, the House of Healing has passed in hands and caretakers, now in possession to Factotum Danae and Factor Argent of The Sign of One. The two elven signers with their long background in volunteering there and took it upon themselves on inquiring to take care of the place, since it seems the occupation had been abandoned.

A place, as known by many, to give free Health care to any one who walks in. A place to those who need a helping hand. A nonprofit organization, the House of Healing operates on the kindness of donations and volunteers. The House of Healing's volunteers and professionals are well verse in many fields, such as physical, mental, emotional, metaphysical, and spell related ailments. Often considered a cleaner and safer alternative to the Weary Spirit in the Hive.

Suggested Alignments: Any alignment will do as long as the individual has a good reason! Be warned, that actions that could violate a real life hospital or medical office, will be dealt with, with common sense.

Goals: Continue Brindas's legacy in running the clinic. Heal the sick and provide what they can for the less fortunate. Provide consultations and advice. Make Sigil better by saving a life each time. Persistence, Altruism, and Care, is the key. Though the House of Healing does more for their patients than healing ailments, should the problem require it. Taking its fingers into a very proactive approach to causes, the House of Healing does investigate into patient's dilemmas, should it be requested, or a possible threat is serious enough to the House's and patient's well being. The House of Healing does seem to offer a funeral services, and even autopsies of dead cutters, thought it is not openly advertised of such. And with the proper clearance, of course.

RP Style: Typically a blend of forum posts and In Game roleplay. While PvE or PvP will most likely be to little to none, it is not out of the question and will happen if such rp leads there.

Group Ranks: The House of Healing functions on medical knowledge and positions. One may progress through them with the right materials. Such as job positions in a clinic or hospital. There are no requirements for volunteering, though applying for a doctor or professional position requires a medical license. Just post here, or contact Lucadia or myself if interested! We only wish to know.
Caretaker(s)/Chief Medical Officer(s): Danae Gren, Argent Tsukito
Pharmaceutical Head: Cherry Sapphire (On Leave, temporary or permanent position available.)
Medical Professionals: EM/DM controlled NPCs, Tasha
Volunteers: Few EM/DM conrolled NPCs, Namael, Lady Moss, Annabelle ((Ashford)), Christena Claire

RP Hooks:
Special services provided by those that are in the group
Healing
Volunteer work
Donations
Minor Investigation.
Direct involvement in workings of the House
Antagonistism
Indirect involvement
Anything else you can think of!
*Tsidkenu

Posted by *Tsidkenu »

The green-robed apothecary spent most of the cycle after reopening performing a lengthy check on the medicinal inventory, taking copious notes in a small ledger while she did so. Before she left the house she collected another list of medicines provided to her by Danae, and disappeared to the Civic Festhall Alchemy lab to begin her pharmaceutical preparations.
*silinrul357

Posted by *silinrul357 »

The brown-clad figure of Ajipreah was later seen presenting his license to a nurse so that they might copy the information down. He also expressed a bit of surprise that one of the proprietors accurately predicted he would somehow find it under a pillow, and questions if they are secretly some kind of fairy in disguise...
*witchinghour

\\Apologies for the wait in post, been fairly busy with schooling\\

The list Cherry picked up
wrote: Medicine Supplies Restock
Antiseptic
Antibacterial ointments. A variety to accommodate allergies.
Anti-coagulants
Anti-hypertensives, quite a few "high strung" patients lately
Pain killers, of minor and major degrees.
Milk of the Poppy
Kingsfoil, perhaps should bring live plants in to cultivate
Arthorvin- small individual doses
Carthagu- small individual doses
Metoran Leaf- small individual doses
Zixalix- small individual doses
Mild sedatives and anesthetics - At your discretion of safest options

Will send more lists as needed. Thank you dearly, Cherry.
- Danae
Ajipreah's information was copied down into their rosters and records now that he presented his licenses. The brand newly volnuteered nurse was smiling and courteous to Ajipreah and welcomed him happily once all had been recorded and squared away.
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

Factor Fintan has aquired several Sign of One guards that often work under his projects of sensitive nature and put on duty at the House of Healing while he conducts investigation into the source that is threatened much imagined trouble. He belives they will be compensated handsomely along with share of the research.
*silinrul357

Posted by *silinrul357 »

The following record was turned in by a nurse, a scribed event and dialogue between one Ajipreah and the patient Vahn Aristat

In one room in particular, a man dressed in what was once probably a rather regal outfit, now torn and tattered, was strapped to a bed. He was conscious, but Vahn Aristat as he was logged had caused a bit of a disturbance, so it was likely he was kept strapped down for his own safety just as much as others around him. All the same, he didn't seem to be struggling with them at the moment.

The door opened to his room eventually, and inside walked two people, the first a nurse with a book of paper and scribe set for note-taking. The second was Ajipreah, clad in his usual brown-robed attire, save this time, his hood was down, revealing the bronze-scaled, hairless head of the half-dragon. Vahn's head lifted to lock eyes on him, and Ajipreah gave him a nod before closing the door behind them, and then moving to take a chair beside the bed.

The half-dragon smiled at Vahn, "Been a long time. Wish I could say it is a nice reunion, but I didn't really expect next time we'd meet, I'd be talking to you strapped to a bed. I guess that is the times that we are in, hm?"

Vahn frowned at Ajipreah, "Another one, huh? You know, they didn't have you in there, yet I'm still not convinced I'm not just seeing another nightmare."

Ajipreah shrugged, "You don't, that's the truth. By my own skill it looks like you've healed most of your wounds that can be fixed so easily. That means the other trouble is likely psychological, and if that's the case, there's nothing I can say to convince you otherwise. It must be your decision whether to believe me or not."

Vahn's head slowly turned towards him now in full, "in saying that you just convinced me. Fascinatingly enough, you're the only 'nightmare' to not try and convince me that you're real. That means you either are an incredibly convincing one, or you're the real thing, finally. If you're the real thing, that means I at least made it out."

"You're in Sigil once more, and more specifically, in the House of Healing, where I currently volunteer."

Vahn's eyes went back to the ceiling, "That means everything that happened wasn't a dream. I'm sorry, and why do you have someone else in here?"

"The nurse is in charge of taking a transcript. I asked that in order to better treat you, they document everything that happens during our conversation, to as much detail as they can, and all words we exchange. And on the note of exchanges, I need to ask, why did you attack your friends? Nightmares or not, it's not like you. Have things changed that much for you as well?"

"I attacked because the one I don't know casted a spell at me, attempting to hold me in place. Of course I attacked first, I might've done that in a regular time. How in the nine hells would I know what they intended? Not to mention that was a pretty regular tactic in the fighting. Disable your enemy before they even," Vahn's voice trailed off, clearly not wanting to continue that train of thought, before speaking up again, "the point is, they attacked me first, you better believe I hit back. I didn't think I could afford not to."

Ajipreah leaned over and clasped his hands together while using his elbows to prop himself up on the bed, "You seem to have your wits about you now, and yet I still must express some worry. May I ask you to remain here, at the very least for a few days?"

"Do I have a choice?" Vahn scoffed, but that look quickly turned to surprise when Ajipreah undid the restraints, upon which time Vahn slowly sat up, "You know, you're taking a hell of a risk doing that. I mean, I'll agree to what you said, if only because I know that it's probably the best idea right no. Still, I might be with myself now, but there's no telling how long that will last."

Ajipreah stood up and then moved towards the door, "Just stay here for now, and signal if you need anything like food or water. If you become more unhinged again, I'll be around, and if I cannot handle you, I'm fairly certain the proprietors could."

Vahn looked to Ajipreah with surprise, "You would suggest to fight me? That's a change. Almost enough to make me rethink what I said about you not being a nightmare."

Ajipreah pulled his hood over his shoulder once more but looked back to face Vahn before leaving, "much has changed for a lot of us old friend. I will check back in on you in the future. For now, if Miss Danae or Sir Argent come in, or any of the others, just try to cooperate for now. If there's one thing we all have in common here, we all want to help."

Ajipreah left at that point, and Vahn laid back down in the bed to stare once more at the ceiling.
*silinrul357

Posted by *silinrul357 »

Another set of notes was submitted, this time written by Ajipreah directly

An addition to the notes I turned in before. As of late, I have been in Vahn Aristat's room a couple of times, saying nothing, but observing him, and the latest time was a bit disturbing. He had a blackboard and chalk, and he was drawing crude shapes of what I believe was people he knew, and butterflies. The people drawn were, I'm not sure how to say, dull. The butterflies were drawn with great detail, and he even gave them dialogue. I'm not sure what this means in the scheme of it all, but thought it should be noted nevertheless.
*witchinghour

Ulanshio along with Factotum Namael had visited the House of Healing.

wrote:
FILE #08378-98-99036
Physical Examination Overseer: Factotum Danae of the Sign of One

The House of Healing
NAME: Ulanshio
APPEARENCE: Humanoid, Red and Silver hair. Revealed as a dragon of mixed heritage.
MISC: Mother was the red dragon Tirkuchaves, the father a silver dragon.

CLEARED PERSONS TO VIEW FILE: Factor Argent of the Sign of One. Factotum Danae of the Sign of One. Factotum Namael of the Sign of One, any volunteer presiding at any walk in for the patient.
AILMENTS: Death consolation. Research into mix parentage and its effects.

AILMENT SYMPTOMS AND EVIDENCE
Subject has previously told, as a friend, of her nature. As well as her fear of how she will die and how she will live the rest of her life.
Subject remarks that she simply doesn't have the organs to be able to reproduce.
Subject believes she will be ripped apart by the warring ice and fire magic present in her based on the parentage.
Subject has exhibited premature aging compared to normal dragons based on this.

*witchinghour

wrote:
FILE #08378-98-99036
Physical Examination Overseer: Factotum Danae of the Sign of One

The House of Healing
NAME: Ulanshio
NOTE

Devise back up plan, contact Factotum Rainrix
Research into Efreeti "Frozen Flames"
Examination pending.
*Lucadia

Posted by *Lucadia »

*Factor Argent Tsukito makes a call to several volunteers to come in for an extra shift to relieve those that worked for the evening cycle, letting them know of an assault and that everyone is safe. A request for several of the Fated guards are asked to come in, along with a surveryer to estimate the amount of damage done by one Romper Gang for insurance report*