*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

Harmonium Murder Files
The Murder of Zadara

Eyewitness Report per Harmonium Investigation:

wrote: Eyewitness 1

Name: REDACTED

What was witnessed:

"A woman in heavy armor - identifying her as a Mercykiller - dropped her axe and started running for about fifty steps before falling to the ground motionless. Aside from me watching, there was no one else on the street that I saw."

Eyewitness 2

Name: REDACTED

What was witnessed:

"Saw th' sod runnin' real panicked, I did! First though' chit wuz chasin' aftah someone but when sh' passed roight by me, I figahed tha' she be running FROM someone. Nevah saw who it wuz."

Harmonium report generated from compiled witness reports in the area at the time of the murder:

wrote: Zadara – a female human affiliated with the Mercykillers- expired approximately at antipeak in an alleyway in the Lady's Ward. Cause of death is yet to be determined.

From piecing together eyewitness reports as well as evidence from the crime scene, the believed sequence of events is as follows:

An unknown entity caused a great degree of fear and anxiety within Zadara, causing her to drop her axe and start running. She traveled for a distance of about 50 steps before collapsing to the ground and expiring. At this point it is unclear whether she died before or after hitting the ground. Her facial expression was contorted into a scream, frozen as she died. Notably, none of the witnesses or even non-witnesses in proximity recall hearing a scream. Due to the mysterious nature of her demise and the striking similarities between her death and two previous ones, it there is suspicion that the murders are related and committed in the manner of serial killings.

Suspected Cause of Death: Murder

Suspects: None

Recommendations:
1) Coordinate with S94IT.

Author: Harmonium Measure IV Kristopher Narel

NOTE: The body has been sent to the Coroner in the Mortuary for autopsy.
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

Vuna

Vuna?

My dear, most assuredly you've just described the good Lady Re'Kan.

Average height, a delicate nose and a heart-shaped upper lip. Engaging brown eyes and a face framed by that volumnous auburn hair. Not sure who does her hair, she's never told me despite my constant pleas but it is just magnificent, child. I've never been able to achieve such a lustrous silver sheen with those deep dark roots.

And though her body is just the type youÂ’d expect out of someone who spends as much time as she does in the Gymnasium, she's got a little cutter in her. During a soiree at JeremoÂ’s palace I saw those tiny scars make their way up her chiseled triceps. Sparring practice, or perhaps something more mysterious? I donÂ’t know. IÂ’d rather not know and guess, it just adds to her mystique.

Indeed. You must have something addled in that brain-box of yours, no offense. I have illustrated my alluring amie Aoerae to your satisfaction and yet you still insist this individual is named Vuna?

-Factol Erin Darkflamme Montgomery - Society of Sensation

Appearance: Vuna is a human female of average height and plaster white skin likely blanched by her predilection for the dark halls of Harbinger House. She has a muscular body betraying the habit to spend much time at the Gynasium.

Aoerae Re’Kan has been described only in reports, and it appears that her description mostly matches Vuna, though Re’Kan is described as having more of an ‘edge.’

Race: Human

Affiliation: Vuna: Indep
ReÂ’Kan: Former member of the Transcendent Order

Profession: Vuna: Advisor
Re'Kan: Diplomat and Spy

Allies: Ambar Vergrove, Housemaster Bereth
Re'Kan: Erin Montgomery

Associates: Maelfina Sixthfinger

Enemies: Vuna: None.
ReÂ’Kan: Duke Rowan Darkwood, Alison Nilhesia, Factor Ziporath of the Fated, the Harmonium.

Notable Traits:

-Vuna is prone to bouts of caprice or confusion. It is noted that this may not be so much a result of her personality but due to incomplete dissociation from her other persona. The ReÂ’Kan persona seems to flit into and out of dominance at seemingly random times. ReÂ’Kan never directly announces her presence and plays along when called Vuna, making it difficult to determine which persona is in control.

-Vuna isnÂ’t very well-lanned in the Art, not nearly as much as Aoerae ReÂ’Kan, but that is changing slowly and surely during her stay at Harbinger House where instructors and counselors regularly visit her to help her control her abilities. Unfortunately, itÂ’s not fully clear how much help this is for the ReÂ’Kan persona may be the cognizant one while Vuna is being instructed.

VunaÂ’s ReÂ’Kan persona in disguise:

Dark:

-She was admitted to Harbinger House in a most peculiar circumstance: Attacking Ambar Vergrove at a private function, managing to kill one of his personal bodyguards, then being hunted down that very night by the most dangerous Mercykiller death squad in existence - under Nilhesia’s personal command (indeed many members of the death squad were part of Nilhesia’s personal guard). The chase lasted two hours and traversed the Lady’s Ward, parts of Undersigil, and ended in the Guildhall Ward where Re’Kan – who had thwarted all magical attempts to capture her – was taken down by the brilliant use of an orb of antimagic combined with a mundane steel-mesh net. The death squad was well within its rights to execute Re’Kan on the spot as a “clear and imminent danger” due to the three squad members who perished in the chase and seven who were at least moderately injured. However at the last moment, Ambar caught up with the group and beseeched them to spare her life such that she could stay in the Godsmen’s Asylum. The leader of Nilhesia’s personal death squad begrudgingly respected Factol Vergrove’s request after he promised to very, very generously compensate Nilhesia for the loss of life and trouble caused.

-Housemaster Bereth has noted in recent reports that though VunaÂ’s condition is most likely due to some manner of psionic influence, some of the physiologic signs and mental symptoms Vuna exhibits could instead be a result of Gehennian Blightweed toxicity.

-Housemaster Bereth has been slowly trying to piece together the story and accomplishments of the Aoerae ReÂ’Kan persona so that he has a better idea of her movements. He will update the S94-IT periodically with his findings.

*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

In a hidden extradimensional office that few in Sigil and fewer still in Darkwood's faction knew about, a meeting of bloods took place with the expected amount of elite security detail. A resolution was passed. Rowan expressed surprise, disappointment, and indignation - in that order- after learning that Factor Aoedera Bondalpatti chose not to be involved after all, despite numerous hints and teases that she would agree to the accord. Her signature was left out of the document where there was a spot for the Dustman representative to sign. It was a rare spectacle to see Darkwood unable to close a deal with someone.

The Warden Bereth would be coordinating. He would assemble the team, make the plans, and inform the sponsors about the team's progress. Due to his obligations at Harbinger House, it was unlikely he'd be directly involved in actual investigations.

He was tasked to find skilled, effective investigators who knew how to be discreet, even in circumstances in which their authority to search and seize was to be exercised. If they were unable to live up to these standards, Bereth would simply remove them from the investigation team (after personally modifying their memory, of course).

The team would also have access to the S94IT Dossiers compiled by Bereth.

Bereth was to have a team assembled and have them sign the document.
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

Investigation Team Leader: Factor Maelfina Sixthfinger
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

Harmonium Murder Files
The Murder of Jefe

Eyewitness Report per Harmonium Investigation:

wrote: Eyewitness 1
Name: Aeron Telforar of Toril
What was witnessed:
"I was standing near Cookie's establishment and I heard an amicable conversation between Etzy and Jefe. At some point I heard commotion, and I saw Etzy looking at Jefe in shock. He had fallen on the ground on his back and was gasping and salivating. She had reached out to him. I moved closer to help if possible and that's when your officers arrive."
"There was Cal'stuos, a valued client. The person next to me was far off, standing at the bar in Khazeet's. There was a smaller devil named Trinda next to Cal'stuos. As well as a minotaur. Grumar."

Eyewitness 2
Name: Officer Rozalina Zarovan of the Red Death
What was witnessed:
"There was a man in a black cloak with a black face mask who left shortly before things became...interesting. Normally this would be a point of suspicion..but being Sigil... Simple black cloth covered his mouth and head, left his eyes exposed. He was drinking and would lower it to sip but I didn't catch any detail."
“I recall the last thing the dead man said:  *People don’t just drop dead in the streets.* At which point he began choking and foaming at the mouth before he died in the bazaar. Whoever his assassin was, they either have a sense of humor or fate does.”

Eyewitness 3
Name: Iviyixxis
"There was a woman in green with red hair, and a man shrouded in a brown hood and cloack. I overheard them speaking that they were with the deceased shortly before his death. They spoke some words indicating that they may possibly know who killed him and also they feared they might be next." *Imparting a mental picture of Galiene and Malcolm*”
“The deceased had been openly and indiscreetly making inquiries into Taker caravans.”

Harmonium report generated from compiled witness reports in the area at the time of the murder:
wrote: Jefe – a male human affiliated with the Free League- expired approximately at three hours prior to antipeak on a bench in front of Khazeet’s establishment in the Bazaar. Cause of death is yet to be determined.
From piecing together eyewitness reports as well as evidence from the crime scene, the believed sequence of events is as follows:
Jefe was having an amicable conversation with Etzy on one of the benches right outside KhazeetÂ’s bar when he abruptly stopped speaking, opened his mouth wide and rolled his eyes to the back of his head such that only the whites could be noted. He fell forward, and after a few short moments of snapping his mouth open and closed, he expired on the spot. Etzy evaded Harmonium questioning while a masked figure as described in the eyewitness reports was seen departing the area shortly before JefeÂ’s death. Due to the mysterious nature of his demise and the striking similarities between his death and three previous ones, it there is suspicion that the murders are related and committed in the manner of serial killings.
Suspected Cause of Death: Murder
Suspects: Masked Figure, Takers, Etzy
Recommendations:
1) Coordinate with S94IT.
2) Locate Etzy and bring in for questioning.

Author: Harmonium Measure IV Kristopher Narel

NOTE: The body has been sent to the Coroner in the Mortuary for autopsy.
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

A letter is sent via runner to Four Factols and Factor Shar
wrote:   

Update #1 to the Sponsors:

Team assembly has been tentatively completed with the formation of three teams. I have met with two teams in their entirety and given them initial assignments, the third I plan to meet with soon. For the sake of maintaining secrecy and protection from psionic infiltration, I will keep the teams separated and they will only be informed of other teams' missions on a "need to know" basis.

TEAM 1: Led by [REDACTED], Team 1 is investigating the murders themselves. I sent them to follow the lead regarding [REDACTED]. Once they find [REDACTED] and gain the information they need, they will report back to me.

TEAM 2: Led by [REDACTED], Team 2 is investigating the history of Subject 94 before her admission into Harbinger House. They have started in the  [REDACTED] and from there will continue their investigation in [REDACTED].

TEAM 3: Led by Factor Maelfina Sixthfinger is yet to be assigned a lead. I anticipate the team will meet shortly.

The following items of interest mentioned by the Sponsors in previous correspondence have yet to be addressed:

-PRIORITY:
Locating Vareth: It appears that this will be more difficult than initially anticipated given the lack of support shown by the Dustmen who will not allow access to the records in the Mortuary as well as Factol Erin Darkflamme Montgomery who will not allow access to the Private Sensoriums.

-PRIORITY: Speaking with the convict in Curst: he may be critical to the investigation. I anticipate that we will need at least 300,000 jink to cover the bribes associated with accessing the maximum security detention facility.

-Factol Nilhesia expressed strong disapproval of Subject 154's rehabilitation, as well as concern regarding the lack of Mercykillers on the investigation teams. Investigation team leader Maelfina is indirectly involved in the Subject's rehabilitation. Additionally, I anticipate there will be several Mercykillers on the Investigation Team #3. I will consider allowing these Mercykillers access to the inmate under Factor Sixthfinger's discretion.

-Locating Pipsqueak: The curious monodrone - if that is indeed what it is - may not just be able to lead the investigators to places, but to people.

-The Gembright Initiative has placed the WSI under constant surveillance given the recent presence of Subject 94 in the area. The boy Ivan, who convincingly claims to be able to communicate with Subject 94 is being watched closely by operative Kallista.

-Bereth