Subject 94 Investigation Team: Dossiers

*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

((This is privileged IC knowledge accessible only to individuals who are members of the Subject 94 investigation team.))
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

Pipsqueak

Oh THAT berk?! He...she.. IT.. is the most useless sod I've ever come across.. and believe you me, I've come across a lot of useless sods.
-Khazeet

Pipsqueak is not -yours.-
-Nienna

Yes. Hello
-Troldepus

Description: Pipsqueak is a heavily rusted, dented monodrone that is often seen traveling around Sigil on foot. On its weathered chassis are various runes which to-date have not been able to be deciphered. With each step that it takes, its joints squeak in protest. It appears to be ready to fall apart at any moment but still has not.

Race: Monodrone

Affiliation: None

Profession: Delivery Modron

Allies: None known

Associates: Troldepus, Rusty Halendon (Deceased), Jall, Ganatog, Khazeet, Trixie Jelly, Shemeska the Marauder

Enemies: None known

Notable Traits:

-It does not communicate, at least not verbally
-Has an uncanny knowledge of numerous portal locations and keys. Begins to click rapidly if near an opening portal.
-Will usually lead anyone to a given destination on the Planes if commanded
-Delivers packages with nearly 100% success. Packages are stored inside its chassis which opens up equatorially to reveal a compartment inside.
-Will attack via a deafening sound burst if someone whi is not the intended recipient of one of its packages attempts to take a package
-Usually loses power and collapses following sound burst
-Has five numbered levers underneath its "chin"
[size0] -Lever 1:
-ON = Power on.
-OFF= Power off.
-Lever 2:
-ON = Opens Pipsqueak's main compartment.
-OFF= Closes Pipsqueak's main compartment.
-Lever 3:
-ON = Activates sound burst
-OFF= Does not switch to OFF once sound burst is active. Will automatically switch OFF once burst is generated
-Lever 4:
-ON = Opens Pipsqueak's ancillary (secret?) compartment.
-OFF= Closes Pipsqueak's ancillary compartment.
-Lever 5:
-ON = Lever is unable to be moved into the ON position, it seems stuck
-OFF= Default position[/size]

Dark:
-Pipsqueak is presumed to be indestructible
-Lever 5 is rumored to allow one to Planeshift at will (along with Pipsqueak) if activated. The lever is stuck not just in Sigil (where Planeshifting, of course, will invite the Lady's wrath) but also anywhere else Pipsqueak travels.

NOTE: Currently Missing
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

Lord Bereszar

I shan't take you under my wing, Vareth, lest you unless you strip yourself of your passions. Lest you strip yourself of your desires. Lest you strip yourself of your past.
-Lord Bereszar

Appearance: Lord Bereszar stands slightly above 6 feet, and by some trick of magic seems to be floating a few inches off the ground. His robes are long, flowing tattered rags of royal burgundy and grey. He can often be seen carrying a magical staff whose properties remain mysterious. Due to his skeletal disposition, he appears to be sneering all the time and often has an attitude to match.

Race: Lich (Undead Human)

Affiliation: Dustmen

Profession: Factotum, Researcher

Allies: Factol Skall,

Associates: Brogar Bellbreaker, Vareth, Fraccacoli the Collector

Enemies: None known

Notable Traits:

-Being a Factotum of the Dustmen, he has extensive privileges within the faction - one of which is having his own headquarters in the catacombs and chambers underneath the Mortuary where he performs various experiments related to life and death.
-Being a Lich, he has access to powerful magic (particularly Necromantic magic), and might be the source of answers if any questions regarding life and death are required. This is to be done cautiously and after other avenues of investigation have been exhausted as he is not one to approach lightly.

Dark:
-None Known. The S-94IT has strongly recommended sending a spy to the Mortuary to keep a close eye on him.
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

Vareth

FILE CLASSIFIED
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

Vareth's Sensory Stone

This Sensory Stone has two sensations, a "superficial" sensation that anyone can experience by clasping their hand (or otherwise appendage) around it and focusing on the object, as well as a deeper sensation available only to Vareth - the creator of the stone - or perhaps someone who has their capacity for sensation heightened with the assistance of Velurian Mist.

The Superficial Sensation:

The sensation begins as I stand outside of her manor in the Clerk's Ward, looking up towards her bedroom window. My hands are somewhat numb from the cold, yet they are sweating in anticipation. My mind is fittingly frozen in its own right. This is because I've seen nothing quite as beautiful as this woman. Everything about her, from the way she looks to the way she carries herself enraptures me completely. I've been standing outside, hidden from plain view, and staring up for the last fifty minutes just hoping to catch a glimpse of her.

I glance down at the rose in my hand, and for the first time notice that my hand drips with small tendrils of dark blood in the initial stages of drying. The tendrils originate from three spots on my open palm where the thorns broke skin. I never felt the thorns puncture and invade my skin.

But it doesn't matter. Nothing matters aside from Her. I glance down at my hand casually, as a distant observer might, then refocus my attention to her window.

**************************************************************************************************

The Deep Sensation:

Scene 1: The Meeting

She stands before me, the object of my affection. It's otherworldly and almost painful to gaze upon her visage as the fluttering in my chest reaches a fever-pitch. Her dark eyes like obsidian glass boring a hole right through my soul and pin me with their weighty gaze. I start to open my mouth, to try and say something but nothing but a meek choke rises to the top. My voice emerges raspy and nervous.

"H-hello, I'm Vareth."

THE SCENE DISSOLVES

Scene 2: Danger

She stands before me, touching me tenderly on the chest this time as she gazes up at me with those dark eyes. The lines on her forehead are pronounced with worry. Though I'm much more comfortable to be in her presence this time, I'm afraid. We both are.

Her voice emerges in a trembling, furtive whisper:

"You must promise not to follow me, my love! I depart for your safety but I will find my way back to you."

THE SCENE DISSOLVES

Scene 3: Anger

I am before the ashen-skin shade of a man in his trademark safari hat and fine robes befitting those of a nobleman. Parick. The fire of a thousand murders rages within the depths of my being and I want to violently strangle the air out of his lungs. My voice trembles once more as I speak though this time it's not in fear, it's in rage.

"W-what have you DONE to her?!"

Surprisingly, he smirks - a cold, sadistic half-smile. His voice is composed and icy in his response:

"I knew you wouldn't listen to reason."

I feel the world spinning and kneels give way. The next thing I know I'm crumpled on the ground with a profound ache throughout my trunk. It's cold.

THE SCENE DISSOLVES

Scene 4: The Conditional Conversion

I stand before a hideous creature in long, flowing purple robes. Yet again, I find my voice stifled by fear.

"I wish to follow your path, to learn what you have to teach. To devote my time to study such that I may acquire even a fraction of your wisdom and power. I renounce the ways of the Sensates forevermore."

His skeletal features seem to be simultaneously threatening as well as mocking me as he stares at me for an uncomfortably long time. When he finally does speak, his voice is hollow yet booming and sonorous.

"YOUR PASSION FOR THIS WOMAN AND FOR REVENGE PRECLUDE YOU FROM JOINING THE RANKS OF THE DEAD. YOU MUST STRIP YOURSELF OF THESE PASSIONS BEFORE I EVEN THINK ABOUT TOLERATING YOUR APPRENTICESHIP."

He knows! He can read my mind.. or perhaps he can simply read me. Have I made my motivations for acquiring power so obvious? He motions towards a corked vial of a dark, watery substance. Styxwater. He and I both know what I must do.

THE SCENE DISSOLVES

Scene 5: The Dishonest Gambit

I stand before the pathetic-looking creature, rusted and dented from a lifetime of abuse - yet still working. I kneel down and open its secret compartment as I have done on numerous occasions.

"Keep this safe until I return."

THE SCENE DISSOLVES
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

Velurian Mist

Velurian Mist is a compound extracted from the waters of the ancient valley of Veluria in Ysguard. It was first discovered by the Planewalker Landham Triggerbite of the Society of Sensation. During a repose at the humid mouth of the waterfall in Veluria, he recalled an enhancement of senses as well as a heightened sense of ..awareness. With the few sensory stones available, he noted a marked improvement in fidelity of sensation. Soon thereafter, teams of Sensates were sent there to bottle the waters that flow through the ancient valley and bring them back to Sigil's Festhall (a practice that has continued for centuries).

Because of its rarity and the hazards a body needs to brave while traversing the chaotic plane, Velurian Mist is an exceptionally expensive acquisition. In commercial use, it is sold for no less than 30,000 jink per bottle, and only at the Private Sensoriums in the Civic Festhall, usually to the wealthiest Sensates. Each bottle of the clear, light-amber fluid is packaged in break-resistant glass, and wrapped with the finest parchment then embroidered with gold.

To activate the sense-enhancing properties, one must inhale the mists continuously for a minimum of five minutes, preferably in a quiet setting. The Sensates have special chambers in the Private Sensoriums devoted purely for the use of Velurian Mist - large rectangular chambers with heat-emitting sinks in the center specially made to accommodate the bottles in which Velurian Mist is sold.

One bottle of Velurian Mist is usually consumed after only half-an-hour of Sensation (though any blood who has used it will tell you that it's worth every single coin).

The Sensates occasionally allow small quantities of the concoction to be used by newly minted Factotums or Factors as a kind of reward. It is rumored that Factol Montgomery keeps three bottles hidden away in her private chambers for personal use.
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

Ivan Pettigold

I can see things that others can't!
-Ivan

Appearance: Ivan is a child of no more than 7-8 years of age who sports short hair, oft-dirty (as well as ill-fitting) clothes, who is usually seen with a grin on his face.

Race: Human

Affiliation: Ward of the Weary Spirit Infirmary

Profession: Child

Allies: Kallista, 3, the workers at the Infirmary

Associates: Rond Undt, Wuhi

Enemies: Eloe

Notable Traits:

-Ivan loves to talk: often and loud.
-Like many children, he has difficulty focusing and it is exceedingly challenging to question him
-Known Abilities: Ivan can move his Mind's Eye and observe remote events up to 100 meters away. This range might be increased with age if Ivan is given avenue to develop his ability.

Dark:
-The S-94IT took interest in Ivan after getting report that he has the ability to communicate directly with Subject 94. On occasion, she has come to his aid.(See: Episode- An Encounter with the Phantom)
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

SsÂ’ekÂ’ver Thranketh aka Kallista

Sometimes I feel like that child is too smart for his own good!
-Nurse Pang of the WSI referring to Kallista

Appearance: Kallista is of the size and appearance of an average kobold adolescent. He is often seen in simple, loose-fitting blue robes and a simple club that hangs loosely to his side. He is never too far-away from Ivan.

Race: Kobold

Affiliation: Ward of the Weary Spirit Infirmary (disguise), Gembright Initiative

Profession: Spy

Allies: Ivan Pettigold, 3, the workers at the Infirmary, Ambar Vergrove

Associates: Rond Undt, Wuhi, S-94IT

Notable Traits:

-Unlike Ivan, Kallista is quiet and keeps to himself
-He exhibits maturity and restraint beyond his years most of the time, and doesnÂ’t give too much trouble to his wardens at the WSI.
-Known Abilities: Kallista is believed to be able to move things with his mind, and for this reason was kept as a ward of the WSI.
-Those at the WSI refer to him as "Ivan's shadow" for he always follows the boy around.

Dark:
-Kallista reports to the Gembright Initiative directly. His sole task is to watch and protect Ivan at all costs.
-Initially he watched Ivan for the potential Ivan displayed which somewhat paralleled that of Subject 94. After a night in which the WSI was attacked by Far-Realm Invaders, (See: Episode- An Encounter with the Phantom) the significance of Ivan - and hence Kallista's task - heightened exponentially.
-He doesnÂ’t actually have any innate telepathic abilities, but uses a concealed magical wand on occasion to move objects and convince the wards at the WSI that he is gifted.
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

Eloe: You havenÂ’t fully answered my question, I demand more answers!
3: THREAT DETECTED. RECOMMEND TERMINATION PROTOCOL.

Appearance: Standing at 7 feet, 3Â’s exterior chassis was largely composed of a smooth, shiny metal. Its torso was cylindrical, as were its appendages appendages, while its head resembled a vertically-elongated pyramid with a truncated tip. There were several ellipsoid gemstones embedded along its trunk, and head. Initially one might have thought the gemstones were there for stylistic reasons, but an occasional tiny flash of light or thrumming sound emerging from the gems betrayed a more substantive function.

Race: Combat Mechanid

Affiliation: Weary Spirit Infirmary, Gembright Initiative

Profession: Test Mechanid of the Gembright Initiative (Primary), Defender of the Weary Spirit Infirmary (Ancillary)

Allies: The Believers of the Source, the Gembright Initiative, Ivan, Kallista, the workers at the Infirmary, Ambar Vergrove

Associates: None

Notable Traits:

-3 was programmed to follow commands of workers at the Weary Spirit Infirmary, and engaged in tasks ranging from security detail to floor cleaning. It usually took orders from the highest-ranking member of the infirmary in sight. It would not disobey an order with notable exceptions:
[size0]1) the order was overturned by a command-word specially programmed by its makers in the Gembright Initiative.
2) the order placed Ivan in danger
3) the order placed anyone else at the WSI in danger[/size]
-3 was extremely heavy. Despite the great technological advances of those in the Gembright initiative, it tended to be a bit clumsy at times and was in danger of harming others if it tripped and fell. It slipped on the wet floor on occasion after cleaning it though workers at the WSI were never injured by it.

Dark:

-3 was an experimental combat mechanid crafted by workers in a special section of the Great Foundry reserved for the Gembright Initiative. The project leader for 3 was an elvish craftsman named Ari Julkuss.
- To ensure that 3 was planted at the WSI, the mechanid was sold to the WSI by Zaggrapan - a gnomish member of the Gembright Initiative posing as a Hive tinkerer- at a nominal cost.
- Though 3 served as an effective guard for the WSI during its short stay, it was merely a cover. The real reason for 3Â’s construction was to test its interaction with psionic beings. Kallista served as a liaison for the Gembright Initiative during 3Â’s existence, taking frequent notes regarding 3Â’s interactions with Ivan.
- Per Kallista’s notes, 3 had a predictable degree of resistance and obliviousness to telepathic powers, but it had little defense against kinetic insult, both as tested by Kallista (under the guise of playfully using his ‘telekinetic abilities’ (actually a wand) to push 3 around, as well as the incident involving Subject 94.
- 3’s destruction: per Kallista’s report -Subject 94’s arrival at the WSI (See: Episode – An Encounter With the Phantom), 3 went downstairs to investigate. This was followed by the deafening sound of clanking metal followed by Subject 94’s appearance.
- In the aftermath of 3Â’s destruction, as the workers were cleaning the metal bits from the ground floor of the WSI, Kallista assisted in the cleanup and managed to pocket a few rarer components to return to the Gembright Initiative.
- The Gembright Initiative plans to create another Mechanid with a similar function and cover to 3, and once again implant it in the WSI for testing.
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

Harmonium Murder Files
The Murder of Victoria Swanson

Eyewitness testimonies:

Khazeet:
I was innocently serving drinks in my family establishment, entertaining the customers with my rapier wit and providing eye-candy for the weary female cutters at the end of a long day – when one of my customers suddenly crumples to the ground. Three thoughts crossed my mind:

1) Damn, this dame must have been awestruck by my muscular physique and did not have enough cognition to both hold herself back from having her way with me as well as standing upright.

2) She had consumed several of my fine libations – indeed among the finest in the Cage – and experiencing how much better they were than those of my so-called “competitors’ “ she crumpled in delight and began to shudder on the ground. Indeed she was shuddering – though I later learned it was not in delight. No I’m not surprised! She didn’t consume one of my drinks so what did she have to be delighted about?!

3) Why does this kind of tomfoolery never occur at MurielÂ’s (lesser) establishment? I have better things to do than to clean up bodies from my floor. ThatÂ’s what that slimeball ..er slimeCUBE Bob is for!

Fraccacoli the Collector:

Wuz meetin’ up wif dis chit tae git me full payment, savvy? ‘bout twelve turns back -some old sod in her family got scribed by none other than time ‘erself. I’s rahsponsahble foah transportin’ th’ body back tae th’ crematorium ‘n the Mortuary. So I met up wif dis chit tae square out me jink owed. She handed me th’ jink an seconds laytah done dropped tae th’ ground like a Lemure ‘afore a Nalfeshnee, savvy? I mean DROPPED. ‘N the fetal position she began tae shiver…n’ shake like she done been possessed. Her eyes… all white like a Lemure’s fatty ‘nsides.

Harmonium report generated from compiled witness reports in the bazaar area at the time of the murder:

wrote:Victoria Swanson – a middle-aged female human affiliated with the Athar- expired approximately three hours before antipeak at Khazeet’s open-air bar. She was to meet Fraccacoli, a Dustman who had helped clear out her uncle’s body two weeks prior, and complete her payment for services rendered. They met at Khazeet’s establishment, she was there first and waited for approximately five minutes. During her wait, she stood quietly, did not drink anything nor interact with anyone – not even the bartender, Khazeet.

Shortly after Fraccacoli the Collector approached, they exchanged greetings and she handed him a pouch containing 163 jink. Seconds after the interaction, she crumpled to the ground and began to convulse uncontrollably. Soon thereafter, she stopped moving – and rolled her eyes to the back of her head such that only the whites could be seen. Her face was contorted into an expression consistent with fear – with her mouth open into a “silent scream.” Though there were numerous individuals gathered around her at the bar, no one helped the woman nor came in to further investigate. She was dragged out of the establishment by Fraccacoli who was headed towards the Lady’s Ward (he states towards the Infirmary in the Barracks) when he was noted by officers of the bazaar patrol and escorted along with the body to the Barracks.

A half-hour of interrogation with Fraccacoli yielded no new information and did not increase nor decrease suspicion of him being involved somehow in the murder.

Suspected Cause of Death: Murder

Suspects: Fraccacoli the Collector

Recommendations:
1) Send an investigation team to SwansonÂ’s home in the ClerkÂ’s Ward.
2) Further examine Dustmen records to confirm whether the body of Alexi Swanson – Victoria’s uncle who had expired earlier for which she was making the payment- reached the Mortuary and was cremated.
3) If 1 and 2 yield no actionable evidence, then have a shadow sent to tail Fraccacoli for the next few weeks to track his movements.

Author: Harmonium Notary Alzira Leques
NOTE: The body has been sent to the Coroner in the Mortuary for autopsy.