The Factols Assemble: A Living Weapon

*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

Yesterday, half the commoners in the bazaar could tell you about it.

Two weeks ago, a only a handful of the best informants and faction elites knew.

A month ago, Shemeska the Marauder knew.

The half-elf paced uneasily in this most secret of chambers; the directions to which were known only to the Factols. Even the current inhabitants - the faction leaders, many of whom commanded as much influence as deities- were unaware of whether they were located in Sigil/Undersigil or some esoteric demiplane.

His pointy ears twitched a moment, and his aquiline jawline hardened as he sternly faced his colleagues seated around the ancient and exquisite table. Finally taking a seat himself, he placed a closed brown envelope directly to his anterior, and cleared his throat.

"Friends and colleagues. I appreciate you taking time out of your schedules to be here. I would not have done so if the matter was not of utmost importance and urgency. I will try my best to be terse." He shifted his posture tenuously, keeping his palm face-down on the unopened envelope and continued. This time, his voice was more firm, more sure of itself:

"I, Factol Vergrove, speak on behalf of the Believers of the Source." The practiced words emerged with confidence, and this carried over onto his subsequent lines: "It has come to my attention that there is a living weapon in the bazaar, one with the potential to be manipulated into a tool of war and destruction." His saffron eyes turn towards Pentar for but a moment before he continues. "I have consulted scholars from Gehenna, Mercuria, and Mechanus on the matter. They have informed that this has the potential to be one of the most powerful weapons in the Cage, worthy of the attention of Her Serenity." He pauses and stares Sarin directly in the face. "I am also aware that certain ...elements have taken UNLAWFUL steps in an attempt to acquire this weapon." The confident voice rises in amplitude then falls, though the intensity remains as he continues sottovoce, this time turning his head down and staring intently at the closed envelope.

"I am not here to point fingers or bicker, though. You are all here because I have a proposition." Doing a 'once-around' of the table, he seems to be subtly gauging the body language of his peers before finally returning his attention to the strange envelope. "A proposition that will keep the Cage safe, and one that will be to the mutual benefit of all involved." He rises from his chair out of apparent enthusiasm. "We lock it away within the confines of Harbinger House." Pausing long enough for the statement to sink in but not long enough to allow anyone to respond, he continues: "It is a dark known to those in this room that the power of the focrux will keep this weapon safe not just from rogue groups that seek to acquire or manipulate it, but Her as well. It will be safer there than anywhere else in Sigil, I guarantee that. Not the Prison, not the Barracks, not the Gatehouse, certainly not the Armory, nor the Festhall."

He holds up the envelope and unceremoniously rips the cover, tearing out a few crisp sheets of parchments and splays them across the wooden table. "Here are the blueprints for Protector Mark XVI."

"The Believers of the Source are ready to make large concessions on a variety of other matters if we are able to broker an agreeable solution to this matter. I await your input." Retaking his seat, he folds his arms together in front of him and expectantly glances from one influential face to the next.

((Being a meeting of Factols, I request that DMs alone respond to this. :)))
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

As a dull murmur of informal conversation among the Factols drolls on, one of Vergrove's bodyguards runs over and whispers something into the half-elf's large ear: something about Protector Mark XIV and its recent noteworthy activities in the Hive.

The Factol then bites his lip and sets his jaw, more resolute than ever.