A Challenge For The Godsmen

*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

wrote:Not sure if this is meant to be an event with other players or not, but I imagine it's a Godsman thing so Rainrix would head there with a few other Godsmen to help him. Unless you want other things to happen..? >_>
wrote:/If you want to get together other PCs to do an in game expedition, I would be up for running it (somewhere in the range of 3-6 people would be nice). If you'd like to continue on the forums here, I'm ok with that too.
// I think that needs to be discussed IC, it was assumed the project is "secret".
*Rainrix

Posted by *Rainrix »

// Sorry RL has been kind of extremely hectic for me lately. Well figure then best do this here I guess. I think I have everything I think Rainrix should need. Derp sorry for late reply!
*Rainrix

Posted by *Rainrix »

// Things are back to normal for now... Sorry for the delay and all. Rainrix hasn't been outside of the OOC room for a few days so guess that can count towards him being away on this search too..? Or I don't know. Again sorry for the delay!!! I mean last I know he was prepared to leave and all unless anyone would last minute change that and all...
*MimiFearthegn

Posted by *MimiFearthegn »

//Oh! Sorry, I got eaten by real life for the weekend. You don't have to stay out of game while we're doing this. Forum stuff takes place in its own alternate dimension of time unless otherwise noted!

Once word of Rainrix's plans got around a few Godsmen volunteered to accompany him. One of them, a lad named Nik, said he knew a gatecrasher who might even be able to get them straight to the Kingdom of the Blind. They didn't want to risk jumping through a portal and being stranded someplace odd, after all.

Nik was quick to follow up his suggestion with an introduction to his gatecrasher friend. The Gatecrasher wasn't Godsmen, and asked an annoying number of questions, but he did seem competent in opening portals and was familiar with the problems in Radiance - he even had the scarred eyes to prove it.

Should the team decide to go with the Gatecrasher, the price was a bit steep, but Nik and his friend seemed to think the faction would cover it once they were successful.
*Rainrix

Posted by *Rainrix »

// No problem! RL has been a massive pain for me lately too and getting in the way of a lot of things. So sorry!!!

Rainrix wasn't too certain of this guide but decided to give them a chance, He'd keep the details of the actual plan a secret though. Stating to the Gatecrasher that it was more curiosity and for his own self improvement that he travels there and learns about more advanced forging techniques. If the faction wouldn't cover the costs then Rainrix certainly would himself.

He'd double and triple check any and all protective equipment he had for the trip, and elemental immunity spells and the such too would be prepared. Once again making certain that any Godsmen heading with him were aware of and prepared for the environmental dangers themselves also.

Looking over the potential plans for the armour he sighed to himself and then packed them away. He had made sure that even after it had been constructed there would be areas on / in the armour that could have protective runes inscribed on to them for Kala's part of the project, as it may be rather hard to inscribe them on to the Adamantine / Aurorum alloy. He figured he was as ready as he could be for this trip...
*MimiFearthegn

Payments were made, and the Gatecrasher opened the portal as promised. It even went to the right place!

. . . a fact that both Nik and the Gatecrasher seemed surprised about.

The Kingdom of the Blind was, fortunately, not blinding, though the light did get tiring on the eyes over long periods of time. The entire city was enclosed in walls (and ceiling) made of every gemstone and crystal imaginable, and they all reflected the light from the few exits admirably.

The "Kingdom" was actually a city, and not even a very large city. Many of the inhabitants had a keen interest in art and/or magic. Rainrix was able to find a forge that was willing to work with him, and the supplies he needed to begin his work.

And fortunately, yes, the Godsmen did end up footing the bill - some of the stranger components needed to create the alloy were quite pricey!
*Rainrix

Posted by *Rainrix »

// I don't mind if I do need to drop a few ingots of Aurorum and the pile of Adamantine armours I had been collecting before hand ;) . Will you need his crafting skill numbers and the such for this too..? Also made a custom description armour in game to represent it in its basic post-forging state, just because it's good to just have something there ;)

Rainrix was a little surprised himself at how everything seemed to be going without a hitch, but grateful he didn't have to travel outside in the more hazardous areas of the plane and deal with potentially needing to fly, and heights, which he hated.

He spent a little time admiring the scenery, always keeping his protective eye wear nearby just in case. Not wanting to waste too much time though he'd quickly try and find the suitable forge for his work, when found he'd explain that it was a personal project. He'd try different ratio mixes of Adamantine and Aurorum on small test pieces before forging the breastplate. Some mixes using elemental protection magic also as the two metals melting points were quite different. Once he started working he would refuse to stop until he had finished, being focused completely on the task at hand. Writing down countless notes as he works.
*MimiFearthegn

//Let's say it costs 2 aurorum ingots, a set of adamantine aura, and a craft armor roll. :)
*Rainrix

Posted by *Rainrix »

// Well fully equipped with his regular crafting equipment and usual buffs he uses every day, Rainrix would have a Craft Armour skill of 71 before rolling. That's not taking in to account the beardyness of Moment of Prescience that bumps it up to 96 but obviously only lasts a tiny amount of time so would be used on the more fiddly or high detail parts of the armour... So that's more likely just for looks than function.

*Cries* I just rolled a D20 in game and got a 2... I hate you RNGesus... So much.
*MimiFearthegn

Rainrix was left with the nagging feeling that this was not his masterpiece. He could have done better. There was this small pocket on the side where he suspected that the alloys had not blended perfectly. No doubt it would wear faster than the rest of the breastplate. Not that really anyone else could tell. . . in fact, it might be years before there was any noticeable wear.

Anyone in the Kingdom of the Blind who saw it was amazed at the achievement, and lauded it as a great breakthrough.

//71 Craft Armor takes you far. . . :P