Dead Souls Requiem

*Er_Nano_Infame

Posted by *Er_Nano_Infame »

((should be fine))
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

(( Yes I spoke to Quinn in game and IG is prefered for this. I hope we can do this coming weekend as yesterday failed us.
Also guys I am not as flexible when it comes to times as I have been the last weeks. Vacation is over and coming weekdays I doubt I'll have the chance to pop into game at all before friday. Therefore it's important that we stick with the times without sudden alteration or this will take forever. I am sure you understand. 18:00 BST toady, if too few can make it we'll have to wait until next weekend.))
*DigitalDragoon

Posted by *DigitalDragoon »

((Apologies. I overslept today and other complications came up.))
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

((Haven't forgotten you guys we'll carry on after friday.))
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

The lack of emotions proved to be more damaging that Kala could have expected as she lost. She had lost years of personal development and she would have cursed the planes to be so vulnerable if she had any feelings. While she focused more on the rational : taking care of Ashalle the best she could and her researches, she also spent long moments, prostrated on her bed unable to muster the energy to move forward and would probably have remained there without the insistence and support of those around her.

However, she had lost something that had become fundamental to her begin and she wanted it back. Her researches mostly focused on the strange artifact they brought away from the mine, she sent a dozen of names in Sigil's library to research what could be earned so she could cast a Legend Lore spell once she had more information.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

((Quinn and Jall. We'll make another attempt this weekend.))

Saphhira manage to gather a few scarce of texts about a city named Moil. The details obscure but the texts seem to be coherent on some points. A great cataclysm had thrown the city away from the plane it once stood on. Deities of Death had once been venerated in ancient times. Orcus appear most frequently. Uncovering more would require either a priest of Orcus or a tome. Somone that had lived long enough or rather walked unlife.

Jall have equally hard time to get a soild answer to her query. Ulmar had a theory however. "Perhaps a soul can decay if insolated from the source. I know that it cannot survive in a gem forever. But wheter the soul is gone or go to it designated But demons speak few truths Jall. Could it not be that it just tried to frighten you? Surely there is more to a soul than feelings."

Kala and the others are able to nurse Ashalle back to health after seven days bedridden. Her research about the statue itself yields nothing. Either it was not recorded or the state it was in now resembled nothing of what had been documented in the trails of tomes. The effects of the statue remained to be seen as it was kept away from the other piece they found earlier. The same poem Quinn discovered was later echoing in Kala's mind as well.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

The mycanoid Wullie entered Deep meditation on the brink of a waterfall in Brux. The outside World distant as shades. Uising his inherited hallucinogenic spores as a intensifier he was able to leave reality behind and ventur into his innermost sanctum. A nexus streaming memories, feelings and convictions. He was uncertain as he strolled the misty wood perhas he had over used his spores and was intoxicated and this was nothing but a drugtrip.

At the ledge of a chasm met his old fearunian master Quan. The former student and master talked at lenght of the future and past. There was one more lesson for the myconoid a trail of humility to life and the cycle. A few clues were given. Gateways were mentioned. The dreamscape faded and he awoke eventually with a Bright gem in his palm.

Jall was later visited and convinced to undertake the same course. Betaking themselves to Jalls house in the merchants ward. In her state it was hard and she wasn't sure whether it was fatigue or meditation that took her to a nightmareish realm of high trees. Cantropy reaching for her as long shadowy claws. She remembered this from her childhood. She mastered the fear and didn't run in panic to a beckoning call.

At a abysmal gorge stood a familiar figure her aunt Kalinn. A emotonal reunion followed when Jall realised it was no trick of an external foe. The maternal love was very real despite all of this transpiring in a place far from the bounds of reality in the waken state. Reminders were given. More clues to what exactly the Black souls were was spoken. Again the great violation of breaching the womb of life was mentioned and a theft. Jall saw the link between the stillborn near the foundry and the never borns Kalinn mentioned. There was more questions but no moer time her grip on this realm faded or perhaps it was vice versa. The hand squeezed her aunts one last time before she opened her eyes finding herself in the familiar blue hued room of her house.

In the palm that had just been separated from her aunts a bright blindning light shined through her fingers. Her apathy broken through the pulses of the shining object in her hands she was nearly back to her former self as long as she had this with her. The door opened shortly afterwards and there was yet another reunion.

*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

As blurred memories emerged from a distant past Kala had to face something she wanted to forget a child of her own blood, the vague memory of begin called "mother" and what it mean, only to see things crumble and fade away in the mists of time. Though the path was clear, the child would be the light, others had their light as well and together they may have a chance. When they talked about it the word "Moil" as a destination, as a challenge to face was repeated until it became a litany a goal for them to find. Divination, the stone they'll try what it would take to find the place.
*Krayt

Posted by *Krayt »

Sappihra had uncovered a series of text regarding the City of Moil so far. But no leads to portals connecting to it.

They gather around a large font filled with crystalclear water. Shining as a mirror in the perfectly still water. The two twin diviners dressed in white robes start chanting in unison and there is a singel rippel on the water spreading from the exact center transforming the silver light into a gloom whirr of grey and darkness.

They see a dark landscape forming in the silvery Surface. Sepulchral Towers sprout aloft. Row after row of sarcophaguses beneath the looming skeletal Towers. Domes made of bones. Each seemingly more glorious a tribute to Death than the others as if temples competing for their gods favours through architecture. A immense necropolis without end is revealed as the vison drifts by the winding streets paved with skulls. The vison only last briefly as rifts starts to tear the ground asunder and dustclouds cover the areas near the chasms. Towers topple over. Robed figures fleeing in panic cramped together in the streets. The pool ripples again and they are shown another world. A city of ruins starts to form but as it are growing into shape a pale Glabrezu stares back at them. Behind it is a frozen landscape of a craggy valley. The frostclad crypts seems hewn in the rock. Macabre undead behemoths stalks the passages. The undead Tanar'ri wavers his claw and the vison is gone.

They had been watched and they get the sensation that this glimse would cost them dearly unless they moved swiftly or prepared for their not so benign guest to come.

One of the sages is fast to comment her voice trembling in fright. "The Valley of the Crypt Things."

((I take it you all prefer this in game as usual?))
*Er_Nano_Infame

Posted by *Er_Nano_Infame »

((where do those twins pop out from anyway? :P))

''So well, orcus & friends? '' Jall said with a sigh, watching the scene.

''Short story is moil was once a thriving community of death worshippers, then tanar'ri arrived and did what they're best at, *** things up.

So this begs some questions, again: the landscape the gem pulled us in, was part of a bigger landscape? like, this city?

The shades we saw, are souls once stolen before they could dwell their destined bodies?

Would be fitting, blasted fiends having it easy in stealin souls even before they get to live?

Is the statue a gate to moil, since even the divination shown no portals? Could it even be that moil exists -within- that statue?

I believe orcus has a domain of its own in some lower plane right? Now, is orcus the real cause of moil's downfall, or he came after? I may be prone to the former.

Regardless, what is the link, or the logic, between this city, the stealing of souls, and orcus? Maybe he wields an art capable of such, and moil was a viable ..focus for it? Or he developed it once he took the city? Why that city? Sure it had something special.
The shades mentioned a failed ambition of preservation...So the Tana'ri twisted its function? Or it was a failure of theirs, which brought the fiends upon them?

Anyone know the story of Orcus' genesis as undead fiend god, by the by? Was he undead already before the ruin of Moil?''

Or she would search that herself.

''We should guard the statue more now the glabrezu spotted the scrying. Maybe it is time to try recompose it?''