Odd Shards

*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

"Both paths will take you somewhere and will let you grow. The decision where to go is yours however. I must not take it away from you. I can offer advice- but not more."
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

"I'll also seek the Archon first, but I wonder if you know anything about it. I'm also curious to know what you think of your former student... why did you give me this lead in the first place ?"
*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

"When you meet the Archon keep in mind that thr Runes change those who cast them. They are no mere spells to be invoked, they work through and with the one that creates them. You put a bit of yourself into them, and they fill the void left with part of themselves."

Another drag of his pipe and he watches the children play for a moment before he smiles.

"My student was a good man but got lost along the way. It is too easy to become fascinated by a detail, to forget the big picture and to move along. Then the journey stops and you start settling down, content with what you have. The longer your stay the more you bould the harder it gets to say good bye again and so many believe they are already at the end of their journey.

Maybe it is true from their point of view.

As for the reason why I send you his way.... you needed to start somewhere. And all you needed was a little push. The direction was less important than the fact you made your first step."

He takes up onne of the well carved almost fragile wooden balls he made for the children.

"Why did I not offer you any alternatives you may ask? Well, when giving this first push it is I who has to decide the direction." He gives the toy a little push, lets it roll against a small rock, sees it oving the rock, then return to him.

"If I give the push into more than one direction.."He grabs the toy wth both hands, one pulling left, one right and the wood breaks and splinters, the ball destroyed.

"...you would get ripped apart. "

Taking up the pieces he starts to mend them with magic and skill.

"You grew. Now you don't need me to push anymore and can decide your own direction."
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Kala listened to the man in that perfect silence she already had mastered her attention focused on his words nodding as he spoke. She then looked at him waiting for a few seconds before she decided to talk.

- Shattered by going in too many directions at once, the bane of the creative mind. She smiled. The wind isn't effective nor barely noticed if it doesn't flow in any precise direction. Yet as you said there's a danger in settling down over one's achievement an invitation to let entropy and death catch up." She nodded and half smiled again seeming to be pleased with her metaphor. "I suppose it is too early to ask you how you keep this flow going through..." She looked at the children "Or... Maybe you are seeking others to keep the flame alive ?"
*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

"I do what I do and what I feel is right. Thinking too much will lead nowhere as all around me changes and is in permanent flux.

All we can do is to be prepared and to adapt, find the right response to whatever challenge life throws at me."

He looks at the children, then back at Kala and he drags from the pipe again before speaking.

"My time here will be over in a few years... but part of me will still be here after millenia. BUt it is not about vanity... I hope that my legacy will help other people to find themselves."
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

The Factor nodded

"I see... Then it time for me to continue my journey and see where the flow lead my steps, even if I believe my purpose to be clear and make sure what you've taught is well used."

She then turned like she had forgotten something, smiling.

"You're not a Believer of the Source are you ?"
*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

He chuckles amused and shakes his head.

"No, I am not. If you look close enough you might find people knowing runes in many factions. Some might not even be aware they walk this path already."

Then he returns to carve the toys, chat with the children who immediately swarm him again.
*Hydra

Posted by *Hydra »

Kala smiled, of course many among the factions were walking the same path as the Believers without knowing or acknowledging it. She then sent a message to the Mortuary.
*Sunshine

Posted by *Sunshine »

(( Will check my schedule, perhaps we can find a time to run this next week.))