Harbinger House Rp Thread

*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

Maelfina chuckled.

"By all means, pester away...she definitely be an intriguin case an' I'd be mos' innerested in followin up."

"As fer Woryl, or wha'ever he be callin 'imself now, I'll be keepin ye updated as progress be made."

Mael then excuses herself to go check on Woryl and her erstwhile jumpy assistant.
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

"Before you depart," Bereth holds up a bony hand "I have some Dark that you might be interested in, based on your interest in Vuna's case. It pertains to a former inmate of this house, a psionically inclined one. It's possible that the former inmate may be involved in Vuna's splitting, for you see- this inmate escaped from Harbinger House two years ago.... approximately the same time as Aeorae Re'Kan appeared."
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

Mael turns on her heel and cants her head, obviously intrigued.

"Oh? I'm all ears then. Who were this psion? Were he ever located after 'is breakout? Wha' all be known 'bout 'is personality, motives an' such things?"
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

"She." He corrected. "Her name is Kathryn, one of the most powerful bloods to grace not just this House, but the Cage. His voice took on tones of trepidation as he continued. "Her short time here was marred with tales of torture. You see, the previous Warden ran this place less like an asylum and more like a prison."

He waved his hand dismissively, "but I digress. Among those poised to ascend, we believe that she is one of, if not the closest to Powerhood. The previous Warden spent much of his effort in unsuccessfully recapturing her, and Ambar made it a point to call off the search after it was learned that she was tortured."

His eyes narrowed and he continued in a gravely serious tone. Maelfina wondered if this man was capable of mirth. "After her escape, she had virtually vanished into the Sigilian tapestry, blending in indistinguishably. Until very recently. There have been too many odd occurrences recently to be dismiss as bizarre coincidence." He started to press down the fingers of one hand with the index of his other while counting: A peculiar encounter in the Weary Spirit Infirmary involving one of our informants, frightening serial murders, psychic poisonings, and now.. the circumstances involving Vuna and her attempted assassination of Ambar. It is believed that Kathryn may be involved in all this. Since the assassination attempt, Ambar has been trying to use his clout to put together a group of investigators whose goal is to find her."
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

"Kathryn eh? If she precipitated tha split within Vuna, mayhap there'd be some trace o' it somewhere in 'er memories. Coul' see if a reliable psion kin be found wha' could delve inta her memories ta see if she'd ever met or seen Kathryn, even unknowinly. Even if Kathryn 'as covered 'er tracks, a savvy psion ought ta be able ta detect evidence o' such a cover-up aye?"

"If needed, I kin help wit this hunt in a number o' ways...kin stay 'ere an' try ta figure out dear lil Vuna, or I kin speak wit tha Harmonium an' Mercykiller 'igher ups ta get their cooperation. I be on good terms wit Sarin, Shar, an' Swan's Son, an' could speak wit 'em directly if tha Factol be busy negotiatin wit other factions."
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

"Actually, I have already taken psionic ventures into her mind and encountered nothing but a haze when the Re'Kan persona is aroused. Plans are already in motion on how to thwart the block and get further inside her mind. I believe it would be best for her to continue talking to you - someone who isn't an experimenter and whose only agenda is to get to know her better.

While I do not doubt your connections to other bloods, Ambar is speaking to the single most well-connected blood in the Cage in an attempt to gather the high-ups' and have them come to an agreement. A well-lanned blood like yourself with many contacts can still play a valuable role by helping to assemble the investigation team itself. It should consist of keen cutters who know how to be effective and discreet. Additionally, there should also be a good representation of factions involved.

I would do this myself though my duties as Housemaster prevent me from actually venturing forth and appraising individuals from other factions deemed suitable for the investigation team. Based on your resourcefulness and connectedness, I believe you have the potential to assemble or help-assemble a team that is ultimately successful."
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

Maelfina nods.

"Aight, tha soun's good 'nuff ta me. I'll see what I kin do 'bout gatherin some discreet bloods together fer this womanhunt. Will also forward ye reports on me visits wit Vuna."
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

As an afterthought, he added "By the way, there is a bit of a competition going on among factotums. Those who manage to gather at least 4 other candidates as potential investigators should report to Ambar's Palace alone in 1 week three hours prior to antipeak. I already assume your success in fulfilling the condition to attend the gathering, and I suspect you will be tested. Be ready for anything."
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

A missive, perhaps sooner than the Factor had anticipated, reaches the Warden informing him that Factotum Sixthfinger has secured the services of an effective task-force, and will bring them to the upcoming meeting.

((Could you PM me the meeting time/date so I can forward it along to the group members?))
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

((I doubt that IÂ’ll be able to get on game for an appreciable amount of time in the coming week. I think itÂ’s best if this is continued via forum and it will assure that everyone who wants to be involved can be regardless of schedule))

A letter response arrives by runner a few hours later from Housemaster Bereth clarifying the importance of Maelfina showing up alone to VergroveÂ’s Palace. It is requested that she submit the names of those in the group of potential investigators she has gathered.