Harbinger House Rp Thread

*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

A reply indicates that Maelfina will present herself, alone, at the palace at the appointed date. It further lists the following as being members (or potential members/assets) of her investigative task-force:

Dace Andor - Mercykiller
Rozalina - Mercykiller
Sasha - Sensate - Tracker
Zabarbone - Unaffiliated - Undead

Noristant - Harmonium - Psion (Awaiting word of their return to the Cage)
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

Just before she leaves to pay her visit to the Factol, Maelfina stops by Vuna's cell. After going through the standard procedure of removing her magical wares, she enters the padded cell, giving Vuna a casual grin, she crouches close to the ground and says:

"Lo lass, how's this cycle find ye? I were wonderin if ye coul' tell me a lil 'bout herself...likes, dislikes...wha' ye did wit yer time 'fore ye came here...friends ye mighta had. Whatever ye feel mos' inclined ta chat 'bout."
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

Vuna was curled up into a ball on her bed, face turned away from the door and Maelfina. She was underneath her white blankets - specially designed such that they were too smooth to become knotted or twisted into a rope - likely to prevent inmate suicide via hanging.

Her words came out shaky:

"I-I'm not feeling so well t-today Maelfina. Maybe we can t-talk some other time? S-sorry."
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

Maelfina takes a moment to gauge the possible causes for Vuna's disposition, if any such trace evidence is to be found in her voice or posture.

Presuming she finds no reason to be concerned, she would reply:

"Aight lass, Ye tell tha' guards outside yer cell ta send a runner fer me if ye need or wan' anythin. They'll know where ta find me."

If Vuna has nothing further to say, Mael leaves her in peace, collects her gear once again, and proceeds toward the Factol's palace.
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

As far as Maelfina can tell with the gift of her intuition and enhanced knack for 'personality vibration,' this is indeed Vuna and not the Re'Kan persona. She thanks Maelfina for being understanding and remains curled up in a corner.
*Cadence

Posted by *Cadence »

A letter is sent via runner to Maelfina
wrote:  

It would be ideal to have an investigator who is undead or perhaps a golem - one who won't have to rely on magic or sheer willpower to thwart psionic opposition.

-Bereth

*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

A quick letter is sent back in reply:

"Undead is already covered, will check around for a golem we can abscond with."
*Xndar

Posted by *Xndar »

After weeks of reviewing the case files made available to her, Factor Sixthfinger pens a short note to be delivered to Factor Bereth:

"Would like to meet at your earliest convenience to discuss the priority operation requested in Curst, as I feel my team would be ideally suited to this task.

Factor Maelfina Sixthfinger."