Chapters Closed And Opened

*StarSight

Posted by *StarSight »

Verdant Waves arrives at the Foundry with some trepidation. But while he is nervous, he is determined, and has realized that nothing will prepare him further for this. Nothing truly prepared him for Levria, either. Nor his initiation to the Temple of Mysteries.

Shortly after his arrival, Uran joins him briefly, before a Godsman walks up to him, perhaps recognizing him by his unusual green hair. She confirms that he is Verdant Waves, and asks if Uran is also intending to join. Uran declines, for the moment at least.

The woman leads him down the steps into the foundry proper, and asks him, "I hear you would like to become a Godsmen. My only question is.. why?"

It is a fair question, one which Verdant should have expected. But, he supposes, perhaps it is better he had not, for now he has no rehearsed triteness, but is instead forced to speak from the heart.

"Because I believe in improving myself and the world alike. Because it seems that going back 'home' is not an option, nor would I take it even if it were. I have come farther than I ever dared dream. And the only way is forward," he replies.

"Hrm. And forward towards what are you moving?" the woman replies without giving him a chance to answer the new question, "Don't answer that, it's rhetorical. As for membership, you are to craft something. Anything that comes from inside you. Like him *she nods to the worker* You have the forge at your disposal and you are free to ask any questions."

Verdant chuckles, "Glad I do not have to answer that, for I suspect I shall only know when I arrive there."

At this the woman chuckles as well. "Do you have any questions of your own?"

"Of course I do," Verdant smiles, "I have asked many, of Vara and others, and if I ever ran out of questions, I imagine I would have indeed arrived. But for the moment, of what sort shall I craft, or is it as you say something I envision? Is it work of the forge, or work of enchantment?"

"What ever you'd like to make, you make. Work the metal flow with whatever takes shape. It could be a cup or a crown. It is the work of the forge, not enchantment."

Verdant thinks a moment, the metal requirement rolling around in his head. Rather than object to such a requirement, he welcomes it, for in his own experience that such limitations can birth new ideas. On some part, he wants something that expresses where he has been, to bring one chapter of his life and begin another. And then, he starts to smile. "A shield, I think."

"Ah, good, When it is done, let me know. My name is Eos-Darlin, Eos is fine."

Verdant nods and gets to work, working iron with dyes to turn it blue, and forging it into a heavy shield. As he works, he adds ornamentation to it, most prominently a pattern into the face of the shield, a seven pointed star. As the shield takes more solid shape, the takes alchemical silver and pours it into the the star, resulting in the silver star against the blued shield. The result is servicable both for battle and for pageantry, the design feeling official, or perhaps remembered from somewhere.

With the shield at last complete, Verdant wipes his brow one more time of the sweat that the work and the heat of the forge has brought. "It is...as done as it shall be from the forge," he says to Eos.